Poll: What do you think about it ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I guess we'll see whether or not it has an effect on gold farmers. Wouldn't gold farmers use their gold to buy a lot of CREDD and then sell it on ebay or some such?

Unless it's only possible for CREDD to change hands once, like Bind on Sale or something.
    Can i give / gift C.R.E.E.D to my friends ?
    Yes! C.R.E.D.D. can be gifted to other players, but only by the original real money purchaser, and only if the C.R.E.D.D. has not yet been bound to the account. Unfortunately, players who have already bound C.R.E.D.D. to their account or have purchased it with in-game gold from the C.R.E.D.D. Exchange are unable to gift C.R.E.D.D. to other players.
    You can't sell / give / gift C.R.E.E.D bought with gold, so the gold sellers are screwed again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The plex method has worked perfectly for the games it's been tried in, and moving it into World of Warcraft feels like the next logical step for the game during its decline.

The key point, of course, is that word; "decline". If it was launched in WoW, the sheer volume of wailing on the forums that WoW was dead would likely have something of an impact. Whether it is or not, it'd be treated as an admittance of defeat. EvE and WildStar launched with it in place, which is a completely different ballgame altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    The plex method has worked perfectly for the games it's been tried in, and moving it into World of Warcraft feels like the next logical step for the game during its decline.

The key point, of course, is that word; "decline". If it was launched in WoW, the sheer volume of wailing on the forums that WoW was dead would likely have something of an impact. Whether it is or not, it'd be treated as an admittance of defeat. EvE and WildStar launched with it in place, which is a completely different ballgame altogether.
    People will always cry about the "decline" of Warcraft and Blizzard don't really care about that, money is everything and since C.R.E.E.D is bought firstly by real money, then it will not have any impact on the game.

I think this would be an excellent idea, but no for 2014 world of warcraft. Back in 2004? sure!

Why? because after 10 years of bots and exploits the economy in this game is totally broken. I wouldn't be fair that players with millions of gold generated directly or indirectly by 'illegal' activities now get to play for free. Maybe this makes the whole idea to risky even for Blizzard, they'll have to fight harder against those activities and i honestly think they can't.

On the other hand, there is already a market out there that sells game time, mounts & pets for gold, so maybe is not bad that Blizzard takes control of that market.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    On the other hand, there is already a market out there that sells game time, mounts & pets for gold, so maybe is not bad that Blizzard takes control of that market.
    That's one of the good aspects of this system, Blizzard is kinda selling gold to players instead of those gold sellers.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2014-06-12 at 02:51 PM.

I'd be down.

I'm an adult, with a job and a family. My time is more precious than my money (at this game's rates anyway).

I'll gladly give you guys a free month of game time to farm gold for me.

Disclaimer Edit: I don't buy gold currently because I don't want to perpetuate the value that hacking people's accounts currently provides. PLEX and CREDDs don't do this.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2014-06-12 at 04:27 PM.

wows over all infrastructure cant support the model.

A game would ahve to start out with this to successfully implement it. llike wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'd be down.

I'm an adult, with a job and a family. My time is more precious than my money (at this game's rates anyway).

I'll gladly give you guys a free month of game time to farm gold for me.

Disclaimer Edit: I don't buy gold currently because I don't want to perpetuate the value that hacking people's accounts currently provides. PLEX and CREDDs don't do this.
    That's the point of this system

You have money but no time to farm gold = buy CREED and sell it
    You have time to farm gold and no money = farm gold and buy CREED

Has been successfully used by EVE Online for years. "Wildstar business model". Way to take credit for other game's ideas, scumbag wildstar.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Already do it, I used to sell game time for gold when I raided.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    People already do this in game, I don't see a reason why Blizzard shouldn't offer a legitimate way to do it.
    they cant because technically gold can be generated without any limitations since it DROPS, which means in a perfect world blizzard would make no money from people accessing the game.

the discussion on wow's business model is pointless - unless an MMORPG game comes up with a different model and retains more than 10 million clients, no one will change the model that has worked for almost 10 years.

in addition, changing an already established system and implementing a new one has incredible dismantling and setup costs, and the uncertainty of how the new model will be perceived. you may say that WoW will gain 2 million people by going F2P for example, but 2 million can leave because it goes f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    No thanks you. Sub to cover everything
    Yes..

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    with a slowly evolving cash shop is fine by me. The longer it lasts the better.
    No. And slowly evolving? lmao, what planet are you from??

It would have to be done with tight restrictions. Wildstar does it a bit better than EVE by limiting players to keeping a maximum of 12 CREDD on one account so the merchant barons can't hoard them. The CREDD will *possibly* disappear after an account is inactive for three months as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    It would have to be done with tight restrictions. Wildstar does it a bit better than EVE by limiting players to keeping a maximum of 12 CREDD on one account so the merchant barons can't hoard them. The CREDD will *possibly* disappear after an account is inactive for three months as well.
    There is always a way to tweak it.

- - - Updated - - -

a little bump, we need more opinions and votes

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    pretty much. if i can't buy gametime with gold (which I do, of course), I'm done playing. Why should they care where the money comes from? an in-game token would ruin scammers, and save them countless customer support tickets
    there already bunch of sites selling game time for in game gold and then selling that gold for more value then gamecard was worth. think about it like game card is what 20 euro - they sell game time for 50/100k then reselling 10k - 10 euro - pure profit for them. its profiting everyone since the game cards are still being bought by someone - those people just make extra profit from it.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-06-13 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there already bunch of sites selling game time for in game gold and then selling that gold for more value then gamecard was worth. think about it like game card is what 20 euro - they sell game time for 50/100k then reselling 10k - 10 euro - pure profit for them. its profiting everyone since the game cards are still being bought by someone - those people just make extra profit from it.
    And still illegal and against Blizzard TOS.

That actually is a really cool idea! Never thought of something like that for World of Warcraft.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like the sub model because it's worked out good for me. If you can't afford it because you're bad at life or don't think it's worth it then fine, I don't want peasants or people that hate my game playing it. Anything that screws with that I see as dangerous. FTP would kill the game and I don't want to have to pay for X and Y raid or season or whatever. The cash shop is absolutely 140% optional and has no possible impact on your ability or success in the game. The model works great as it is and should not be changed just because you're too broke and useless to manage $15/month.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

It is a good idea.

However Blizzard has "if it is not broken, do not fix it" meta.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I like the sub model because it's worked out good for me. If you can't afford it because you're bad at life or don't think it's worth it then fine, I don't want peasants or people that hate my game playing it. Anything that screws with that I see as dangerous. FTP would kill the game and I don't want to have to pay for X and Y raid or season or whatever. The cash shop is absolutely 140% optional and has no possible impact on your ability or success in the game. The model works great as it is and should not be changed just because you're too broke and useless to manage $15/month.
    Very nice mentality and very polite person, nice to meet you.

- - - Updated - - -

daily bump