Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When we were developing the Timeless Isle, we wanted to add some incentive for players to engage in world PvP independently of faction balance. To that end, we created the Censer of Eternal Agony and Bloody Coin mechanic. This created a “third faction” of sorts on the Isle, and brought an extra element of danger to players adventuring there.

We’re happy with how that worked out when Patch 5.4 released, but as time has passed, the general atmosphere of the Timeless Isle has changed. The majority of players who venture there today are either gearing up alts, or chasing after rare drops. As a result, we feel that it’s time to let the sun set on the Censer of Eternal Agony, and have increased its cooldown to 1 hour. Players who want to use it for its original purpose still can, but it will be a much larger setback when they’re defeated in battle.

That said, we still want players to be able to collect Bloody Coins (and the rewards that come with them), so we’re making some adjustments to the Fire-Watcher’s Oath item, which can now be purchased from Speaker Gulan for 100 Timeless Coins. The Fire-Watcher’s Oath allows the collection of Bloody Coins from PvP kills, doesn’t change your faction, and it can be used anywhere – including Battlegrounds. We’ve reduced its cooldown to 10 minutes (which matches its duration), removed the mounting restrictions, and have dramatically increased the ability to earn coins from PvP kills while it’s active. We want players interested in earning Bloody Coins to seek them out in a Battleground with use of the Fire-Watcher’s Oath.

Overall, we feel that these changes will not only make the Timeless Isle more attractive to players interested in its rewards, but will also give players collecting Bloody Coins a better way to earn them. We’re monitoring your feedback, and will continue to make adjustments as necessary.
    check the front page.
    We want players interested in earning Bloody Coins world pvp to seek them out in a Battleground with use of the Fire-Watcher’s Oath where people won't cry unless is Children's week.

PvP servers, where have they gone?
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-06-13 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Well, pay the price for foolishly attacking someone who is stronger than you.
    You don't know who is "stronger". Not foolish. Actually, it's a video game. Risking your video game life is the furthest thing in the world from foolish. And cloak and vanish if it's up? Hellz 2 tha yeah. That just pisses them off even more.

I ran a test to see how many I could get in a Battleground. The drop rate appears to be tied to killing blows, like the Censor, and it's not very high.

Oath has 10% chance from KB. Not worth using it.

5 Min wait for bg. 15 Min long bg where you cant be killed because the moment you die, you cant use oath again (10 min CD on it).
    With 100% uptime I got 13 KB's and 0 coins. If you are class without execute ability or healer you are done for.

Guys at my server did this:
    Cross realm invites to form a full raid and all censered and killed the whole Timeless Isle population. They got 10 Coins/hour on average.

Blizzard screwed again. Oath is useless and Censer with 1hr cooldown is risky to use alone if you are not awesome at PvP.
    I will do these bloody coin raids on my server, rest in pepperonis TI players.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

People on pvp servers - blasted lands is a great way to get coins using oath. It's CRZ'd and you will have to be careful but it's anything goes world pvp and you are less likely to get slaughtered by a chiji buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Here's the thing: it's not worth using it if you're after the achievement right now. If you don't care about the record time in your achievement tab and still have battleground achievements to go you can just pop it everytime you enter, maybe get a coin here and there and acquire it over time - months and years (just like your 100k+ HK hunt).

As long as the chance isn't reduced for targets above level 90 i don't see a problem in this logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    People on pvp servers - blasted lands is a great way to get coins using oath.
    Does it work despite the blue 30s debuff ('not granting experience or honor' thingy)?

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Here's the thing: it's not worth using it if you're after the achievement right now. If you don't care about the record time in your achievement tab and still have battleground achievements to go you can just pop it everytime you enter, maybe get a coin here and there and acquire it over time - months and years (just like your 100k+ HK hunt).

As long as the chance isn't reduced for targets above level 90 i don't see a problem in this logic.
    Killing my char on second account makes 1 coin/10 min which is far more rewarding than Oath in BGs.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Does it work despite the blue 30s debuff ('not granting experience or honor' thingy)?
    Nope. Killed milions of bots with that blue debuff and 0 coins
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I just don't know why they don't make it so those who get a killing blow on a censer user get a coin. They could up the coins censer user's get when getting a killing blow to a random 2-3 or 1-3. Then just increase the cd on the censor to 15 or 20 minutes. I think anything past 30 minutes is absurd, especially when you get zerged nowadays as soon as people notice you are censored.

I personally think it's a great change. As someone who resides on a PvP server because this happens to be where my guild is located, and with a pretty much dead alliance-side population, the censer really annoys me when I'm on my alts. I never signed off on being attacked by horde players, and I obviously can't do much to fight back if I'm running around on a 510 warlock trying to farm Burdens so I can get raid-ready. Logging my main and bursting the censer users down for half an hour untill they got bored was a possibility, but it wastes as much of my time as theirs. Now? 1hr lockout, justice has been served. I can get on with what I was doing, and not expect to be ganked again in a few minutes.

All in all, no matter how much people want "world pvp" to succeed, being repeatedly corpse camped by a jerk because there is no downside to it if they happen to die should not be possible. In the end, there's not much PvP involved in ganking defenseless alts that are already fighting monsters they have to concentrate on to not get ripped apart by.

Deleted
    One of the best items in the game to have fun with. Turning on friends mmmmmm. Shame about the ninja nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    ...so wait... how do they gank you ON A FUCKING PVE SERVER, its your fault if you get PvP flagged on a PvE realm now.
    ppl sit on corpses on pve realms wiht cencers on and wait for you to misclick and click them instead then ur pvp flagged or wait for ppl to leave seles grp that was on a pvp realm when ur back in a pve realm your still flagged fpr pvp for 5 minuets

As mentioned it doesn't, but at least from my experience there are dozens of people from both factions warring over the actual portal - not just the spawn in point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post

5 Min wait for bg. 15 Min long bg where you cant be killed because the moment you die, you cant use oath again (10 min CD on it).
    With 100% uptime I got 13 KB's and 0 coins. If you are class without execute ability or healer you are done for.

Guys at my server did this:
    Cross realm invites to form a full raid and all censered and killed the whole Timeless Isle population. They got 10 Coins/hour on average.

Blizzard screwed again. Oath is useless and Censer with 1hr cooldown is risky to use alone if you are not awesome at PvP.
    I will do these bloody coin raids on my server, rest in pepperonis TI players.

wow such retarded percent rate... it should be at least like 50% with killing blows or 25% with honorable kill. Why not? Wod isn't coming here any sooner. We have live half year to go.
    oh yah one more thing. If i killed a censer player, i should gain bloody coin but no too fucking bad.
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2014-06-14 at 08:17 PM.

So sad, I just logged on also to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its not griefing just because you're bad! My god, alts can go to hell for all I care, too much of the game is centered around them. If you're taking the risk to go and get geared faster and easier then its your fault if you die.

Griefing shouldnt even apply to WoW, this isnt bloody minecraft, if PvP is allowed then PvP will happen, everyones personal moralities have no bearing on this.
    Being bad has nothing to do with being corpse camped by a player with better gear than you. By that logic, a guy who got gladiator every season in the past two expansions (wotlk, cata) but just joined up now on a 483 geared boost-char and went to timeless isle to check stuff out is bad because he'd get camped. Doesn't work like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Being bad has nothing to do with being corpse camped by a player with better gear than you. By that logic, a guy who got gladiator every season in the past two expansions (wotlk, cata) but just joined up now on a 483 geared boost-char and went to timeless isle to check stuff out is bad because he'd get camped. Doesn't work like that.
    That kind of behavior would exist regardless of the censer buff. An enemy from the other faction could just as easily GY camp you. And if you're on a PvP server and "expected" to not PvP because you just so lucked into having your faction be the dominant one numbers-wise, well... rue on you.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Can anyone test what level player has to be to grant bloody coin while having Censer? With oath you need to kill Lv. 90, just killed 85 (from my 2nd account) with censer on and it didnt award me.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

There is a blue post explaining their reasoning. Not sure if it came out before or after though.
    Having the other item more useable is a better option though, and will likely promote more cross faction PvP.

Watching coin farmers lately its all been the same for most casters. Sit near celestials with a crab shell on their head and attack people rezoning from cross realm PvP servers after celestials. Try to fight back and you get guard aggro severely handicapping your chances. Doesnt promote world PvP, all it does is annoy undergeared people on the isle as they lose shrine buffs/item buffs and most likely require them to grind more effectively and dont have countless to restock when they lose buffs (I spend 30mins on my mains on the island, enough time to get 50 epoch stones done per week for valor, and Ordos/Cele kills).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Watching coin farmers lately its all been the same for most casters. Sit near celestials with a crab shell on their head and attack people rezoning from cross realm PvP servers after celestials. Try to fight back and you get guard aggro severely handicapping your chances. Doesnt promote world PvP, all it does is annoy undergeared people on the isle as they lose shrine buffs/item buffs and most likely require them to grind more effectively and dont have countless to restock when they lose buffs (I spend 30mins on my mains on the island, enough time to get 50 epoch stones done per week for valor, and Ordos/Cele kills).
    I thought they patched out the Crab Shell to not reduce the aggro radius of PvP Guards anymore. Did that somehow break after 5.4?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II