Thread: Memories...lol

Memories...lol

Them good old days lel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pepperidge farm remembers

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always found being good gets you invited back. You can treat people like shit but if you are the best than they always want to play with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I've always found being good gets you invited back. You can treat people like shit but if you are the best than they always want to play with you.
    lol not even

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    lol not even
    Exactly, I've saw a guild kick their highest DPS. At first I assumed it was jealousy but some say it was due to their bad attitude.

That's really only true for the highest levels of organised progression, but even then there's a limit.

Nobody would ever invite an extremely rude & annoying tank even if he was insanely fast, had perfect, massive pulls etc. to a 5 man. In fact he would probably get kicked mid run if the dungeon was long enough.

The trick is to be friendly & nice, whilst also being a fantastic player. Then you will get invited to every pug on your server (pre LFG & Crossrealm of course)

Edit: I take it back honestly. Even at the highest levels of progression it wouldn't fly. Everyone is so close in terms of skill level, there would be no reason to tolerate such a player.
    Last edited by Bamzy; 2014-06-11 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PomPyro View Post
    Exactly, I've saw a guild kick their highest DPS. At first I assumed it was jealousy but some say it was due to their bad attitude.
    I don't know about you but... seriously no guild kicks their best dps due to jealousy. That is, unless it is a crap guild run by crap people. Usually people with high dps (especially if the difference is large and the gear gap almost nill) tend to get upset about the perfomance of their fellow guildies. Getting upset is one thing. Wreacking havoc on their guildforum or /gchat is another. Even though I've ran a high end succesful guild for 7 years, I have kicked great players due to their attitude towards others.

I've always maintained a rule which seems to work: I tell people that they should only play with people they like playing with. Which means that if they are unhappy with other players and feel the need to spout that emotion, they should stop and think if they are in the right guild. If you are so far ahead in terms of skill, please find a suitable guild for yourself.

Ofcourse I rather have great players stay and thankfully a lot of them did. Some did leave but came back due to the atmosphere and general fairness we had with our lootsystem. Some of them even took the time to help others with their rotation or made them more aware when crap was about to come on the floor.

So jealousy? If that is the case... that particular guild will likely implode sooner rather then later...

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha. Yeah that works. Let me tell you a story back from Vanilla. We had several guilds on our realm. And one of those guilds were for assholes. Sure they could play very well. But they would be on everyone else's ignorelist. So ultimately they made their own guild and were very succesful for 6 months. Then after that period they would implode. Yet another guild would be made. Six months would pass by and voila... implode. Rinse repeat!

If you are an asshole, especially on higher levels of play (heroic endgame) you are mostlikely not going to find a guild for very long. You would get invited at first. Probably even finish your trial period (because you are on your best behavior). But sooner rather then later you'll be looking for another guild.

Assholes are generally not tolerated in high end guilds unless the whole guild consists of childish trolls and assholes.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That being said, the community isn't what it used to be

Deleted
    Missing them old loading screens when entering the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    That being said, the community isn't what it used to be
    Actually the community is rather the same. Certain features ingame controlled most of the would be assholes (there were still assholes, just less of them actively assholing around). I mean nowadays there is total anonimity.

A few controlling features were:
    1. your own server without any X-realm feature (safe battlegrounds)
    This means raids and 5 mans or even questing would always be with people you could potentially see again. Which meant more people behaved more.

2. without a guild you were nothing and could accomplish nothing
    Now you can find this a drawback. But if you liked being in a guild this was absolute heaven. Everyone USUALLY tried to get along. If you were kicked from a guild, every other guild probably knew about it within the hour. (talking about raiding guilds) If you left on good terms, nothing happened. If you got kicked it could potentially mean you could not get into a new guild on that server.

3. name changing
    You could not namechange. Which meant that you got stuck with your reputation as an asshole, until you did some serious redeeming stuff.

4. server/faction change
    You could not change. Which meant that you needed to reroll on another server. Which had serious impact on your time. If you did not behave, you had some serious leveling to do.

So yes, all these controlling features are now removed. So what do you get? You get all the people who beforehand "behaved" themselves out of fear, to turn into assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

If Blizzard could just get over itself with all those "nay sayers" stating that "once you start merging servers, it is the end!".... which is rediculous... an urban legend that just gets repeated over and over without any source or examples that can even remotely come close to Wow's situation....

They should just MERGE and everything will be "policed" again by the community and we all will have a better time.

not this Crossrealm crap...

Not really. I'd much rather group with a bad player who is cool than a good player who is a flaming douchebag. Grouped with plenty of "elitists" over the years, and from what I've seen, they tend to be more trouble than they're worth.