[Balance] WoD Question about Starfall and Eclipse

Do u guys know if the new starfall will still be affected by the eclipse ur in? I.e. if ur just getting out of solar (so u don't wanna use hurricane) and u pop starfall cuz u need to aoe, does it mean its going to be so shitty because ur not in lunar yet?

Not sure I like having to channel a spell for up to 4 seconds to fix my eclipse so I can deal a proper aoe or proper burst... I think of heroic garrosh and going in to first transition and how shitty it was to have to align perfectly ur eclipse to 1 cast pre lunar and hope to have a SS proc going into the realm... Now try to do that with the new mechanic... /sadface

Am I the only one thinking this whole idea of not being really able to control ur eclipse state is going to be shitty for mythical raiding? I mean, its awesome they improved our aoe with better starfall and got rid of the annoying Natures Grace mechanic, but still, I just feel like we're once again gimped by our eclipse mechanic... Really hoping to get a beta access so I can test it out all the changes...

I expect Starfall will not snapshot Eclipse and the damage of each star will depend on where you are in the eclipse cycle (your Lunar fraction) at the time that particular star goes off.

It looks like Starfall will be a bit weaker than Hurricane, but it is instant (rather than channeled), and covers a much larger area.

You are always either Lunar or Solar in WoD so in case of aoe you choose between Starfall and Hurricane. Don't see the issue. Sure there might be some overlap if you are very close to switch but we don't lose the eclipse bonuses immediately since it will be a gradual percentage shift rather than 100% Lunar <-> 100% Solar.