Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is so pathetic to witness.

Enough with the damn shop already, in your sub MMO. Respect for Blizzard just plummeting over these past few years.

Is there ever going to be a time where I see a new, unique mount on MMO front page, and not instantly know that it's a shop / promotion? So sad.

I guess we will be getting another re-skin as a reward for the hardest content in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    There's a grand total of 8 mounts currently in the store out of about 280. Good math. Good snowball logic there too.
    8 out of 280. How many of those come with Nightmarish Hitching Post? 1. See. How many pets transform their look? 1. How do you get that one? Right...from the shop.
    Some years ago you had to pay for additional pets by buying CE...then Blizzcon...then TCG...now the shop...and it's ever increasing. And seriously...280 mounts sounds much but if you check out how many of them match the looks of the latest shop mounts, it's likely just a handfull(and most of those are darn hard to achieve). If this game was f2p you would be right...but this is a FULLPRICE game with ADDITIONAL MONTHLY FEE.

They have done and continue to do banwaves of bots. Just because all bots aren't gone doesn't mean no bots go. Or what, you'd prefer if they list every single account name that they ban so they can "prove" they are doing something?
    We are not speaking of all bots....we are speaking of BGs where out of 20 players only 2 are real. 90% bots DOES NOT happen if a company really bans people. It doesn't need long till players will be too scared to use bots. Hire 10 people that spend their working time in BGs and typical botting places and announce publicly in that BG or area that "players xy and yxz are being banned for botting"...it would not need a week till that would be spreading all over the WoW-community and most botters would stop immidiately.
    It's a fact that the market is currently being plagued with pet-dupes...that the BGs are crowded with bots and that the AH prices of gathering mats are at a level where it only makes sense to farm something if you use a bot(cause the mats are that cheap that you can earn 3 times as much in the same time by just doing dailies instead of gathering mats).

The only thing that you've said that has had any logic is you saying you're thinking of quitting, because that's really the only option if you actually want Blizzard to hear your "feedback."
    I'm not THINKING of quitting. I'm quitting. I cancelled my account about 5 days ago. It's not because of this mount....this mount would just be another one in my collection that I wouldn't use for anything but show-off reasons once a year(simply cause I like my mounts to cover as little screen as possible and make as little noise as possible. That's why I'm either using the headless horseman mount or the disk). But that Blizz is forcing that kind of stuff more and more is one of the reasons. I just think if you pay a full price for a game AND an additional monthly fee then there should simply be NO micro-transactions involved(that counts for CE or Blizzcon tickets as well. If a CE or event is not good enough that people buy it without of you adding ingame stuff, then you should rethink how good your CE and event really are instead of throwing ingame items at people to lure them in).
    It's too much about making as much money(not content) as possible with as little afford as possible in the shortest time...which fosters an egoistic elitist community(it's up to the game designers how the community will play the game. They choose which players they want to have. I'm tired of players that always claim that it's not Blizzards fault that the community is as it is. Blizz is as responsible for the environment as they are responsible for the number of bots and servers.).

10+ Year Old Account
    They only made the Shop to compensate for the lost numbers from 12 million - 7 million(?) they gota make that money back some how,otherwise its just bad business,while i dont agree with the Shop i know from a business standpoint why they did it,simply put if we still had 12 million subscribers we wouldnt have the Shop we have now.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahaha
    AHAHAHAHAHA
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow, $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    They only made the Shop to compensate for the lost numbers from 12 million - 7 million(?) they gota make that money back some how,otherwise its just bad business,while i dont agree with the Shop i know from a business standpoint why they did it,simply put if we still had 12 million subscribers we wouldnt have the Shop we have now.
    LOL....you know that the shop was introduced around the peek of WoW-subscriptions, right? Just like adding crazy prices and pets for online Blizzcon-shows.

If other games can survive with 1-2Million subscribers why doesn't Blizz manage that with 7 millions...and why did Blizz manage that during classic? It's not about survival...it's about greater shortterm profits. If they would really need it, it would be an entirely different story...

Greed is strong with Blizzard. If they put the players first ahead of greed they would made this mount obtainable via gameplay, whether some hard achievement or raid boss or profession made, whatever, its obvious what they prefer, easy money. As long as players buy this crap they will never stop making them, on the contrary, shop mounts seems so popular that they even encouraged them selves to raise the price to ridiculous $30, most games dont cost this much not to mention game that you initially buy, pay monthly sub and pay for all expansions. Not sure what disgust me more, blizzard's greed or players who encourage this behaviour.
    Last edited by Die Hard; 2014-06-12 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    Spending money on a content dead game is not very wise .
    The money of the 7 million lemmings would better be invested in games that make content for their players .
    That way new design and gameplay would benefit from the bucks spent . Spending cash in wow is like rewarding standstill , lazyness ans greed .
    Just my 2 cents

Very good point. Well said I agree whole heartily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    A mount isn't exactly content.
    I feel like you do not know what content is.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Very good point. Well said I agree whole heartily.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like you do not know what content is.
    True to the point, a mount isn't "playable content". You don't "play" a new model. Such things might be considered "content enhancers", as they're used to make the overall experience better, but don't bring anything doable to the table on their own.
    One might sub-categorize these "content enhancers" (which may also include things like new rewards, or sound assets) under the umbrella term "content", but I think it's safe to say most people aren't referring to that when they use the word content.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    True to the point, a mount isn't "playable content". You don't "play" a new model. Such things might be considered "content enhancers", as they're used to make the overall experience better, but don't bring anything doable to the table on their own.
    One might sub-categorize these "content enhancers" (which may also include things like new rewards, or sound assets) under the umbrella term "content", but I think it's safe to say most people aren't referring to that when they use the word content.
    You can cherry pick and add qualifiers like "playable" if you like, but a mount is content. Is it the same as a quest line in terms of gameplay? No, but it is still content. To a mount collector a new quest may be seen as a "content enhancer" as it gives him something to do with the content he cares about(mounts).

Really just splitting hairs though. Resources go into making these mounts. Pushing them out when players are waiting for the longest period ever for new "playable" content is shady.

But in the end I do not really care, I unsubbed a while back and nothing I have been seeing is drawing me back only pushing me away.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Just me or does this horse mount have a dog running style on the ground? Kinda funny lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    @everyone leaving wow because of this mount. Can I have your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    @everyone leaving wow because of this mount. Can I have your stuff?
    The question is: How much would you pay? I mean, if you pay $30 for a freaking mount...how much are you going to pay for a char with 200 mounts, almost all pets, 3million gold and so on and on? By blizz standards such an account would cost around...ehm...$20.000? The odd thing is that people do not realize how much Blizz already crossed the line with those micro transactions(tho $30 is NOT a MICRO transaction anymore cause micro means very, very small...).

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    8 out of 280. How many of those come with Nightmarish Hitching Post? 1. See. How many pets transform their look? 1. How do you get that one? Right...from the shop.
    Some years ago you had to pay for additional pets by buying CE...then Blizzcon...then TCG...now the shop...and it's ever increasing. And seriously...280 mounts sounds much but if you check out how many of them match the looks of the latest shop mounts, it's likely just a handfull(and most of those are darn hard to achieve). If this game was f2p you would be right...but this is a FULLPRICE game with ADDITIONAL MONTHLY FEE.
    Even going off that brutally laughable logic you're also "conveniently" forgetting that if that was the case that the other mounts that look like that one, drop from in game, meaning it makes even less effect in the grand scheme of things than what you're raging about.

We are not speaking of all bots....we are speaking of BGs where out of 20 players only 2 are real. 90% bots DOES NOT happen if a company really bans people. It doesn't need long till players will be too scared to use bots. Hire 10 people that spend their working time in BGs and typical botting places and announce publicly in that BG or area that "players xy and yxz are being banned for botting"...it would not need a week till that would be spreading all over the WoW-community and most botters would stop immidiately.
    Strawman logic, hyperbole numbers. Good job once again. (lol 90 fucking percent, get real) The reason they do BAN WAVES instead of one bot at a time is because a lot of these bots use the same program, if you block one bot, what do you think they do? They simply use a workaround on the same program and get back in. If they find a solution to a bot program to stop the bots coming in using that program they do a big banwave (they did one 3 months ago) that kills every single bot using that program in one big hit. Does that stop all bots in existence? Of course not, but doing a few dozen bots at a time does you more harm than good.

It's too much about making as much money(not content) as possible with as little afford as possible in the shortest time...which fosters an egoistic elitist community(it's up to the game designers how the community will play the game. They choose which players they want to have. I'm tired of players that always claim that it's not Blizzards fault that the community is as it is. Blizz is as responsible for the environment as they are responsible for the number of bots and servers.)
    Like I said in my previous post. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT TEAMS. Do you know how big projects work? Let me explain it to you on the hopes you actually can read and have enough intelligence to understand how it works.

You have a big project. The project is in this case an expansion. The expansion is Warlords of Draenor.

What do they have to do in order to MAKE warlords of draenor?

-design outdoor environments
    -add new quests
    -add new pets to battle with
    -add new scenarios
    -add new dungeons
    -add new raids
    -add new mounts
    -add Ashran
    -re tuning of every single class and spec in the game
    -balancing of damage on npcs in the world, in the dungeons, in the raids to the various difficulties and for every god damn boss there
    -add new achievements
    -add and balance the different professions recipes
    -work on the new character models
    -fix whatever bugs come from making changes

Now. What do you think is more likely to be the case: They have ONE team doing everything that I have listed, plus probably other jobs that I've missed? Or multiple teams working on different things at the same time? I'll save you the trouble. They have MULTIPLE teams. Because when working on a big project like that it's much QUICKER to have one team working on dungeons for example, while another team works on the zones, while another team works on the mounts cash shop and otherwise, while another team works on bugs that come with that and etc etc.

If you hate the cash shop, that's cool. But pretending the cash shop is the reason why WoD is taking so long, when it's clearly not the case and making baseless posts with hyperbolic numbers is the reason why your posts are faulty, not because you have an opinion.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2014-06-12 at 11:33 PM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

When the Celestial Steed launched, it was mentioned on several sites that $2million had been spent on them. That is a huge amount of money that would fund the salaries/hiring of many many designers. I'm not ignorant enough to believe all of it went into bettering the game, but it certainly covered the costs of design and much much more.

May as well look at the bright side of things, because micro-transactions are here to stay.

If you think $30 is a micro-transaction you don't exist in the realm of the average consumer or aren't paying your own bills. Congratulations.

Blizzard has become the Wal-Mart of MMORPGS.
    They don't care about their community, and want to make the most amount of profit possible.
    With all the money they make off bliz store mounts they should at least put it into new content before WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I was referring to gas prices
    Ah my mistake sorry.

So the mount is awesome, but yeah I would never buy it. Anyway, I was grinding some heroics last night to farm JP - and I came across some random guy who had the mount. He dropped the post, and I have to admit I felt pretty awesome riding that thing around. Best part about it - when the instance was over I was flying around Org looking like an asshole who just spent 30 dollars on a mount. The next heroic popped momentarily, and I was sad that the buff would expire and I wouldn't have the Warforged Nightmare anymore. Came back to Org when the second heroic was done and surprisingly I was still on the Nightmare. Better yet, the buff had completely refreshed to its full time of 20 minutes. Every dungeon I did refreshed the buff back to its full duration! I ended up having the mount for a few hours. This has got to be a bug, but it was still pretty cool.

Even going off that brutally laughable logic you're also "conveniently" forgetting that if that was the case that the other mounts that look like that one, drop from in game, meaning it makes even less effect in the grand scheme of things than what you're raging about.

Strawman logic, hyperbole numbers. Good job once again. (lol 90 fucking percent, get real) The reason they do BAN WAVES instead of one bot at a time is because a lot of these bots use the same program, if you block one bot, what do you think they do? They simply use a workaround on the same program and get back in. If they find a solution to a bot program to stop the bots coming in using that program they do a big banwave (they did one 3 months ago) that kills every single bot using that program in one big hit. Does that stop all bots in existence? Of course not, but doing a few dozen bots at a time does you more harm than good.

Like I said in my previous post. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT TEAMS. Do you know how big projects work? Let me explain it to you on the hopes you actually can read and have enough intelligence to understand how it works.

You have a big project. The project is in this case an expansion. The expansion is Warlords of Draenor.

What do they have to do in order to MAKE warlords of draenor?

-design outdoor environments
    -add new quests
    -add new pets to battle with
    -add new scenarios
    -add new dungeons
    -add new raids
    -add new mounts
    -add Ashran
    -re tuning of every single class and spec in the game
    -balancing of damage on npcs in the world, in the dungeons, in the raids to the various difficulties and for every god damn boss there
    -add new achievements
    -add and balance the different professions recipes
    -work on the new character models
    -fix whatever bugs come from making changes

Now. What do you think is more likely to be the case: They have ONE team doing everything that I have listed, plus probably other jobs that I've missed? Or multiple teams working on different things at the same time? I'll save you the trouble. They have MULTIPLE teams. Because when working on a big project like that it's much QUICKER to have one team working on dungeons for example, while another team works on the zones, while another team works on the mounts cash shop and otherwise, while another team works on bugs that come with that and etc etc.

If you hate the cash shop, that's cool. But pretending the cash shop is the reason why WoD is taking so long, when it's clearly not the case and making baseless posts with hyperbolic numbers is the reason why your posts are faulty, not because you have an opinion.

Lol.,.you really think saying that I got no idea is making your arguements strong? Sorry, it ain't. Try harder...maybe take another polemics class?

I have been in BGs with 90% bots recently(and that are just those that where very obvious)...so don't tell me what I have seen with my own eyes. Thanks.

To say that Blizz workers checking BGs and banning bots right there will not do better than ban waves is very smart...given that they NEVER tried it. Pigs fly too...at least as long as you never really try it.
    The last ban wave was not that much of a success(given what I saw just 4-6 weeks ago)...the number of bots is going down now cause most of the bot users are fully equipped now(cause we are far enough into the season to have all stuff...and the big wave of pre order boost chars is through). It is VERY obvious that the ban wave method is not working..cause Blizz is using that one for 8 years now...and you see the bad results every day.

No, I have no idea about project management. I just got 2 certs in it around a year ago...and my partner is leading multi million dollar projects all over the world. I really got no idea...thanks again for sharing your wisdom.

I never said that the cash shop is the reason why WoD takes that long. Don't pretend BS. All I say is that the designers would be of better use in the game than doing stuff for the cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL....you know that the shop was introduced around the peek of WoW-subscriptions, right? Just like adding crazy prices and pets for online Blizzcon-shows.

If other games can survive with 1-2Million subscribers why doesn't Blizz manage that with 7 millions...and why did Blizz manage that during classic? It's not about survival...it's about greater shortterm profits. If they would really need it, it would be an entirely different story...
    You clearly dont understand business then,when you make the money they made at 12 mil subs you are expected as a company to make the same amount the next financial year or more if possible,if you end up making a loss its considered bad for business and you then have to find a means to get that money back that you lost to make up the numbers for the 12 mil again,which is where the shop came in.