Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I see people complaining about store mount prices?

Hi everyone, does anyone find it funny to see the complains each time a store mounts is out? My question is who's asking you to buy them? It its completely optional and personally I don't buy them because I don't like them. It's an option not requirement!

its just the people that really want it and can't afford it or refuse to pay for stuff in game because theres a subscription. i personally don't understand it. blizzard runs a business, they are there to make money, stop complaining when they try to do just that. there are tons of mounts in game for free. stop whining about the few that cost money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

They used to make the cool mounts a reward in game for doing something cool; a goal you could see and start, sometimes taking months of time to get there.

Now you can buy them and every one and their brother has one.

I'd be willing to bet that if the store were bigger during BC, that the netherwing drakes would have been sold there.

EDIT:

I mean if they want ideas for keeping people playing, then make more long quests chains that take you around the world to do little random things, or collect mats, and have a mount at the end. Just something more to do. Although in my defense, I haven't played since early Cata, but I see people saying that there isn't enough end game stuff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
    Last edited by MaccaBird; 2014-06-11 at 09:10 PM.

I'm not complaining about the price. I'm complaining about the utterly disgusting practice.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'm not complaining. I think that the $5 is a long overdue price change, considering how poorly the industry is running.

Deleted
    When will we see a shop button everytime we open the map?

Welcome to MMO Champion! Complaining is what we do around here.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by MaccaBird View Post
    They used to make the cool mounts a reward in game for doing something cool; a goal you could see and start, sometimes taking months of time to get there.

Now you can buy them and every one and their brother has one.

I'd be willing to bet that if the store were bigger during BC, that the netherwing drakes would have been sold there.
    whether or not a mount is cool is pretty subjective. i personally think the kor'kron annihilator from heroic garrosh is an awesome mount so in my opinion they never stopped putting cool mounts in the game as a reward that takes some effort to get. now they just put some cool ones in that you can buy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Welcome to MMO Champion! Complaining is what we do around here.
    Theres a shop button next to my character, if people complained enough it wouldnt be there.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Theres a shop button next to my character, if people complained enough it wouldnt be there.
    There is? I've never noticed it. I'm probably too busy playing the game to care.

If I click it, am I forced to spend money? Please advise.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

Deleted
    There is? I've never noticed it. I'm probably too busy playing the game to care.

If I click it, am I forced to spend money? Please advise.
    Again you fanboys are the reason because of it.

I played a DK and i found it really annoying to see the red crap on my blue screen.

Again you fanboys are the reason because of it.

I played a DK and i found it really annoying to see the red crap on my blue screen.
    Wait, how am I the reason for it when I've never noticed or used it?

Is this button the only red thing on your screen? What happens when you go into Molten Core or fight Garrosh? Does the fire annoy you?

Deleted
    Wait, how am I the reason for it when I've never noticed or used it?

Is this button the only red thing on your screen? What happens when you go into Molten Core or fight Garrosh? Does the fire annoy you?
    It is in the log in screen dear fanboy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    did this really need its own thread.

Why do you keep calling me fanboy? The button is only on the login screen? Huh, no wonder I don't notice or care. Click my character and enter world!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care there is another store mount. I usually buy them if I like the model. What I find difficult to swallow is the price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    its just the people that really want it and can't afford it or refuse to pay for stuff in game because theres a subscription. i personally don't understand it. blizzard runs a business, they are there to make money, stop complaining when they try to do just that. there are tons of mounts in game for free. stop whining about the few that cost money.
    The problem people have is that, these items are essentially exclusive to those that can't afford them.

Heroic Achive mounts and such are one thing. That's a lack of drive or skill, but can still be attained at a later time, when you out level and overpower it. While buying something that people feel they already paid for is entirely another issue.

Selling mounts and pets takes time away from the art team, the editing team, the coding team, the animation team, and such that SHOULD be going to fixing or making stuff that ISN'T exclusive material. Blizzard has stated over and over again, certain things don't get done because of others things. So a question is, what isn't getting fixed or added because this mount had to be made?

I personally don't care, I'm not dropping 30$ for a fucking mount, when I don't use 95% of the 200 I already have and don't like. I don't care if it's exclusive, and I certainly don't care if someone else wants it. More power to them.

Though, I can see why people might have a problem with the double dipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is in the log in screen dear fanboy.
    Calling people fanboys isn't an argument you know.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Create a death knight. And look at the red thing. What sorcery.

Deleted
    i've never really complained much, though i don't like the store. if WoW didn't cost $15 a month to play i'd have no issue with them charging $30 for a mount, but when you're paying that much to play the game, and then they are charging more for in game items i think its a bit silly. i would probably accept it more if they were more like $5 a mount, can buy a full game for the price of a mount in wow, its getting a bit much. i would rather they made the mounts attainable in game though, while we got no new content, just make some random achievements that award these mounts instead of charging.