Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Beta test Warlock Soloing Discussion

This thread is strictly for discussing Warlock soloing in the Warlords of Draenor Alpha test, and how things look for when that expansion goes live.

Live game soloing discussion goes here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post27594103

Figured we might as well start this thread, since there's going to be plenty of content to solo in WoD it seems, and plenty of changes to what we do and HOW we do it too.

Some of the posts relating to Alpha and 6.0:

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    As for post 6.0 soloing Mionee posted this in her thread.
    To quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    So does this mean they have no intentions on actually squishing stuff in old content but just throwing us an uber ICC buff, or is this in conjunction with a mob squish? If it's the latter might as well assume everything Cata and older is soloable.
    Lastly this tid bit from the front page that's likely going to be interesting to soloing as well:

Originally Posted by Celestalon

Will Versatility affect Mend Pet? Any chance Versatility's dmg reduction or Leech heals could also work on your pet?
    Yes, to all of the above.
    Keep any discussion about soloing content (new or old) in WoD in this thread, please.

In response to jaymzkerten, yes, there will be a mob squish for TBC raids and up in addition to this incredibly overtuned buff.

Anyone try old raids yet? Seen a warrior and DK video on a premade 100. Curious as to how we are doing on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Anyone try old raids yet? Seen a warrior and DK video on a premade 100. Curious as to how we are doing on that front.

This is really fun...haven't had to do these fights "right" in years...

I just did Noth in Naxx25. It was...exceptionally difficult. I'm not scaling down on damage to the boss and he had normal HP for naxx25. The skeletons took a lot more damage but the boss took damage as if it was 92+3levels. I'm going to try heigan but I do not actually think I'll be able to kill him.

Heigan 25 down. Took a few attempts, you need to do the safety dance _perfectly_ with your pet while just chain spamming immo/conflag/incin and using SL to heal your pet up. During phase 2 pop KJC and unload chaos bolts with your pet on follow to get some extra damage and heal your pet back up to full.

Loatheb was Tank and Spank supreme, 1shot.

Patchwerk -- hateful strikes too strong. My voidlord got 1shot at the pull...then I got globaled.
    Last edited by Cryptrot; 2014-07-07 at 05:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Not really much point in discussing it right now since they still haven't squished all the old content and the other tweaks for soloing old content haven't been implemented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Not really much point in discussing it right now since they still haven't squished all the old content and the other tweaks for soloing old content haven't been implemented yet.
    In the long run there isn't much point, in the short run it was extremey fun taking my squished warlock against baseline content. In my post above I said there was not a buff to my damage on boss level and that is inaccurate. I was seeing 150-300k chaos bolts in gear that would do 1.2->3.5mil on live and 20-50k while leveling. For funsies I have the video of me getting Heigan, bit of swearing in it but still. http://www.twitch.tv/battyone/c/4613608

I don't see a way around bosses like patch, and even going into Ulduar and ICC 25 are probably pointless exercises, I know the first trash pack in BoT destroyed me as well.

When they readjust everything the only thing left to discuss will be MoP raids since everything Cata down can be soloed essentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is my date off or what? Went in there with my hunter MM without a pet and i didn't even drop below 80%.

Embertap glyph is currently bugged on beta (HoT does not stack right now) but I've got some interesting results. Charred Remains talent gives us ~40 k hps or so on single target and ~60-70 k on AoE fights. Currently I am able to survive dungeon tank dummy strikes pretty easily, I expect ~ 100k hps on AoE scenarios with fixed embertap glyph.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Embertap glyph is currently bugged on beta (HoT does not stack right now) but I've got some interesting results. Charred Remains talent gives us ~40 k hps or so on single target and ~60-70 k on AoE fights. Currently I am able to survive dungeon tank dummy strikes pretty easily, I expect ~ 100k hps on AoE scenarios with fixed embertap glyph.
    They are still going to do a Glyph pass to weed out outdated or bad Glyphs. I wouldn't count on any Glyphs at all at the moment, till that dev pass has been and they've had a chance to work on them.

Went to MSV yesterday. Killed Stoneguards, reached berserk on Feng (10%). Amount of hps is insane, but the damage is REALLY low right now on lvl 100. A lot of embers were spent on embertaps, so maybe that was the reason. Maybe I'll post a video later, but there isn't anything interesting.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...squish-status/

Looking forward to seeing some of the Beta solo videos now that the old world stuff have been Sqwooshed! (lol?)

There are Malygos, first 2 ICC bosses, full Ulduar until vezax , full BoT 25 normal (can't enter heroics now), full DS 25 man, too tired for pandas. All bosses are incredibly easy, exept the ones with the vehicles (gunships 25 for example), the most interesting thing is WotLK bosses aren't squished yet, Cata ones are, so there are no difference in difficulty now for them.
    http://www.twitch.tv/snowballlock/c/4784157

P.S. Thorim is now killable without any tricks, the electricity ball doesn't spawn now
    Last edited by Small snowball; 2014-07-30 at 10:43 PM.

Gunship just didn't seem possible when I tried due to the numbers. My guns were only hitting for 750 while each ship had about 600k iirc.

gun's special attack hits for ~30k, it's enough for 10 man I suppose

Deleted
    Went to Blackwing Descent since it was close to SW.

Anyway practically one shot almost every boss in the instance. Chaos Bolts unbuffed hitting for 3.6 Mill + (basically 36x the damage it would hit for on a lvl100) ect. Incinerate at lvl100 hits 85's harder than an unbuffed Chaos Bolt on live. I assume we'll see soon enough how they're going to tune the older raids. Really weird, hard to imagine not being able to solo everything pre Pandaira with minimal effort without appropriate tuning.

Deleted
    I've try FL 25 HC with a lvl 95 warlock => 15 minutes for full clear (with 588 ilvl gear)

I hope there is no nerf on gold => 1900 po with gold on boss and selling of the boss gear.

Gold drops were normalized based on number of players involved in a kill awhile back. When soloing you shouldn't be getting that much gold from the boss. For example a TBC boss that was meant for 25 people drops 250g. If you solo the boss you are only 1/25th of the intended size so he will only drop 10g.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Gold drops were normalized based on number of players involved in a kill awhile back. When soloing you shouldn't be getting that much gold from the boss. For example a TBC boss that was meant for 25 people drops 250g. If you solo the boss you are only 1/25th of the intended size so he will only drop 10g.
    I've go 120-128 golds per boss in FL 25 hc.

I wasn't saying that every boss is set to 250g to start just most of the 25man TBC bosses as an example. Obviously newer bosses would drop more to account for gold inflation over the years. Even so those gold levels are a bit high and are probably a bug.

Heroic Cata raids (up to firelands afaik) gave you over 100g per boss.