Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New travel form appearance question

Hey guys, so form what i understand stag is being removed unless you use stag glyph.
    Does this mean that there is going to be a new land form that automatically switches over to a flight form when you jump and turn into swim form when you're in water?

are we getting a new land/flying model?

New models are unlikely, I believe either stag isn't being removed and they're just throwing a saddle or some blip on the stag glyph to differentiate it or we're returning to deformed cheetah form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheetah is the "original" ground travel form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Travel Form now automatically transitions between Aquatic, Land, and Flight versions, as is appropriate to the Druid’s location.
    Simple.... You're in the water, you turn in a seal, you are on land you turn into a cheetah..... But how the hell does it know that I wanna be a bird not a cheetah?
    Do I have to turn into cheetah first and then it turns me into a bird? 2 button clicks instead of one would hardly be ability pruning.
    Am I missing something?

Stag is a separate form aside from the standards btw.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Simple.... You're in the water, you turn in a seal, you are on land you turn into a cheetah..... But how the hell does it know that I wanna be a bird not a cheetah?
    Do I have to turn into cheetah first and then it turns me into a bird? 2 button clicks instead of one would hardly be ability pruning.
    Am I missing something?

I assume that if you are in cheetah and then jump / press and hold space, you will automatically turn into a bird and fly up if the zone allows it. If you are a seal and jump out of the water, I'd hope you turn into a bird instantly instead of cheetah > bird.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Am I missing something?

There are no extra button clicks, once you're in "travel form mode" the shifting is automatic and off the GCD.

It's pretty simple scripting logic that is already in macros. Flyable and not in combat? Go bird. Flyable and in combat? Go cheetah. In flyable areas, even if you are on the ground, bird is faster than cheetah and would be preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There are no extra button clicks, once you're in "travel form mode" the shifting is automatic and off the GCD.

It's pretty simple scripting logic that is already in macros. Flyable and not in combat? Go bird. Flyable and in combat? Go cheetah. In flyable areas, even if you are on the ground, bird is faster than cheetah and would be preferred.
    What if i just want to jump around as cheetah? it will turn me into a bird every time?

Um, no, ground is still the stag. The glyph just gives us a separate rideable version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Um, no, ground is still the stag. The glyph just gives us a separate rideable version.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Travel Form now automatically transitions between Aquatic, Land, and Flight versions, as is appropriate to the Druid’s location.
      • Glyph of the Stag now teaches the Druid a separate shapeshift ability, Stag Form. Stag Form will not switch between different Travel Form, and allows the Druid to act as a mount for other players. (Source)

Yes. That's what i said.

Just in case you didn't notice: It doesn't say that Land form is no longer a stag. Only that we also get Stag Form through a glyph.

I saw it as a glyph to let people use stag form even if you can fly. As by default now travel form will now go:

Aquatic form, if not
    Flight Form, if not,
    Travel Form.

They should keep forms on different buttons. It's something that doesn't need ability pruning.

Since when are stance buttons, bloat?

Also it would be stupid to go back a model in regards to Land Form. I would assume that Glyph of Stag simply is named like that because Glyph of the Ridemaster sounds stupid :P

10+ Year Old Account
    [Glyph of Fuck Your Automation] - Travel Form no longer automatically transitions depending on the Druid's location.

It's bloat because they all do basically the same thing but in different locations.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-06-14 at 06:28 PM.

You can bind them all separately or use this macro which is 100x better than what blizzard is doing:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [indoors] Cat Form; [combat] Travel Form; [flyable] Swift Flight Form; Flametalon of Alysrazor
    /dismount [mounted]

fixed. You could change the mount to Azure Water Strider so you can mount on water as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    You can bind them all separately or use this macro which is 100x better than what blizzard is doing:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [indoors] Cat Form; [combat] Travel Form; [flyable] Swift Flight Form; Flametalon of Alysrazor
    /dismount [mounted]

fixed. You could change the mount to Azure Water Strider so you can mount on water as well.
    Difference is that what Blizzard is doing is automatic. With the macro, you have to press the button every time.

Also, that macro breaks if you're trying to use the Water Strider while already in the water.

And you can still macro it with the new version:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [indoors] Cat Form; [noflyable, nocombat] Flametalon of Alysrazor; Travel Form
    /dismount [mounted]
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-06-14 at 06:53 PM.

Difference is that what Blizzard is doing is automatic. With the macro, you have to press the button every time.

Also, that macro breaks if you're trying to use the Water Strider while already in the water.

And you can still macro it with the new version:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [indoors] Cat Form; [noflyable, nocombat] Flametalon of Alysrazor; Travel Form
    /dismount [mounted]
    Yeah I meant that players already have options to do what Blizzard is trying to do in the form of macros and can often do it better. Being able to use each form when you want has some benefit. Mostly I believe flight/vs travel situations. You could merge aquatic and travel i suppose.

off-topic, orca should be the baseline look. Idk wtf that ugly manatee looking deformed thing is but it needs to go. seriously. wasting my minor glyph slots :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    Yeah I meant that players already have options to do what Blizzard is trying to do in the form of macros and can often do it better. Being able to use each form when you want has some benefit. Mostly I believe flight/vs travel situations. You could merge aquatic and travel i suppose.
    I don't get this argument. Am I missing something? Flight Form is always functionally better than land form when available. The only time you would want land over flight is cosmetic.

I don't get this argument. Am I missing something? Flight Form is always functionally better than land form when available. The only time you would want land over flight is cosmetic.

Obviously you don't get it. We want the choice. It's a fun ability to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Since when are stance buttons, bloat?

Also it would be stupid to go back a model in regards to Land Form. I would assume that Glyph of Stag simply is named like that because Glyph of the Ridemaster sounds stupid :P
    I agree with this. It's not broken. It's not a good candidate for pruning. Just leave it as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Obviously you don't get it. We want the choice. It's a fun ability to use.
    You do have the choice, that's what the glyph is for.