Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I suppose a fairly simple solution would be to reverse the Glyph vs Baseline

Instead of Glyph giving you the ability to Stag form outside of the "Automatic" smart shifting, it should grant the new smart shifting travel form stance.

Similar to how I felt that Glyph of Cheetah should have been Glyph of Stag... It ticked me off to have to glyph to get back Cheetah form, the travel form I have known since I created the character in Vanilla. I personally can't stand Stag and it seemed more natural to Glyph a different travel form that allows passengers.

That said, not all wow players are going to make a 255 character power shift macro, and not all are going to want to take screenshots as a cheetah under water. For the majority this would be a nice change.
    Agree with the bolded parts. Love cheetah, hate stag. Let the new auto-travel form macro for those not inclined to push extra buttons be on glyph. Elegant solution.

Why would anyone wanna be a generic old-Barrens mob over a high polygon magnificent freakin STAG!

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Why would anyone wanna be a generic old-Barrens mob over a high polygon magnificent freakin STAG!
    Be different, RP, or they prefer the cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    And that's why there is the glyph. Not sure why anyone would want to force the old model in the game as a default because they are sentimental.

And that's why there is the glyph. Not sure why anyone would want to force the old model in the game as a default because they are sentimental.
    I think the stag model is awful. Cheetah is much better. But I don't mind losing a minor to glyph for cheetah if they don't do this BS travel form merging into one button. Leave those as is.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I think the stag model is awful. Cheetah is much better. But I don't mind losing a minor to glyph for cheetah if they don't do this BS travel form merging into one button. Leave those as is.
    I agree, hate this all in one button.

When Alpha comes back up, lets hope some one tests it out.

My advice would to be whine incessantly at them about this. It has already worked for several classes that had things removed (Death Knights, Warlocks just off the top of my head). Then again, one of the Druid classes greatest weaknesses has always been lack of coordinated, relentless forum whining (see: Healing Priests).

also, Furor is back... so expect nothing but bad things for Druid from here on out. We're already BY FAR getting the biggest screwing from "ability pruning" and this is only the beginning.

i think swim/land should be a combo and flight should be separate

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer cheetah, maybe slap some more polygons on that model and I'm good to go. As far as the all-in-one button, meh, it's w/e. I liked having the control but I'm sure with a few bug fixes we won't be flying around in seal form. Actually.....jk. As far as ability pruning, we are fairing pretty good. We lost barkskin as dps and healers but gained an almost priest dispersion level of dmg mitigation with two charges with no penalty on dmg or healing and can have one up every min. We lose entangling roots as feral and bear, but we still keep talented cc. With all cc in game being cut down dramatically, druids would have been all powerful with entangling roots, mass entangle, with typhoon or vortex. Also as far as I'm concerned, as a long time feral/rogue I can't complain about anything since I now have combo points on myself lol. Also as a side note it will be interesting to see how we can take advantage of versatility in both pve and pvp situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    My advice would to be whine incessantly at them about this. It has already worked for several classes that had things removed (Death Knights, Warlocks just off the top of my head). Then again, one of the Druid classes greatest weaknesses has always been lack of coordinated, relentless forum whining (see: Healing Priests).

also, Furor is back... so expect nothing but bad things for Druid from here on out. We're already BY FAR getting the biggest screwing from "ability pruning" and this is only the beginning.
    So much this. We complained so much when they thought about implementing root shifting removal in Cata, but guess what. We didn't have enough people cause a fuss and we were stuck with that ridiculousness for what felt like an eternity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxx89 View Post
    As far as ability pruning, we are fairing pretty good. We lost barkskin as dps and healers but gained an almost priest dispersion level of dmg mitigation with two charges with no penalty on dmg or healing and can have one up every min.
    I don't agree with this. The new SI is definitely strong, but nothing like priest dispersion. We're also suffering from not having dmg mitigation like skin that can be used while under cc effects. Take into account that we also lost MoU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxx89 View Post
    We lose entangling roots as feral and bear, but we still keep talented cc. With all cc in game being cut down dramatically, druids would have been all powerful with entangling roots, mass entangle, with typhoon or vortex. Also as far as I'm concerned, as a long time feral/rogue I can't complain about anything since I now have combo points on myself lol. Also as a side note it will be interesting to see how we can take advantage of versatility in both pve and pvp situations.
    I think this remains to be seen. While cc [I]is /I] being reduced - a good thing - roots will also be weaker by being on the same DR. The CP thing is a huge buff, though.

I hope they run into issues with the transition of forms in certain environments and end up reverting this change. Works much better than feedback that tries to change their mind :P

I hope they run into issues with the transition of forms in certain environments and end up reverting this change. Works much better than feedback that tries to change their mind :P
    Lol. This is true.

I still don't really understand what the issue is with an all in one ability that switches forms based on situation. Why would you ever want to go Travel Form instead of Aquatic Form when in the water? Why would you ever want to go Travel Form instead of Flight Form in an area where you can fly? I don't really see what the downside would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I still don't really understand what the issue is with an all in one ability that switches forms based on situation. Why would you ever want to go Travel Form instead of Aquatic Form when in the water? Why would you ever want to go Travel Form instead of Flight Form in an area where you can fly? I don't really see what the downside would be.
    You probably skipped over the posts in the thread.

Yea I'm hoping this too. I'm seriously confused how they know what location you are in and if you want to be in what form. I have been in the water purposely jumping out to pop flight form because its so awesome to jump / flight form outta strange locations. Now will they see I'm in water and I can't cast Flight form?

Will jumping be a precursor to Flight Form? What if I just wanna speed the landscape as a bird (It is my favorite mount after all).

What about falling / cast flight form? Jumping off buildings to a certain death then casting flight form is great, hope that stays

This is not pruning to me. Each ability has a set function
    Last edited by morislayer; 2014-06-23 at 05:21 AM.

I wish they would put normal flight form back into my spellbook, or make a glyph that turns swift flight form into the old flight form.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Simple.... You're in the water, you turn in a seal, you are on land you turn into a cheetah..... But how the hell does it know that I wanna be a bird not a cheetah?
    I presume it goes bird unless you're in a zone that allows flight. That's how my current macro works.

To be honest I understand the objective but I don't think this is one of their better ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Need some one with Alpha to test this out A LOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    They better give me an updated cheetah form to go with this stuff, or I'll be mighty disappointed.

If not, please leave it as it is now,k?