Combat Wep Question.

Hello everyone!

First off, my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndito/advanced

I was just curious as to your opinions on whether it would be worth swapping my offhand or not. Today, I received a HTF Tia-Tia, and would be willing to upgrade it if it would prove to be a dps gain. Normally, I would just check Shadowcraft, but the Hellscream's Doomblade (normal) hasn't been upgraded there and is still labeled as a 561 wep. i am unsure of exactly how important wep damage is compared to agility, so I am unable to figure this one out myself. Thanks for any advice and your time!
    Last edited by Zyloes; 2014-06-14 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Clarification

Shadowcraft has it showing as 569 for the actual item but the icon still shows 561, it's just a bug with the icon. You should be safe to follow SC, which looks like switching to Tia-Tia is an upgrade, though a minor one once you've reforged (45.2dps) until you start upgrading Tia.

My mistake on just going by the icon. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Shadowcraft has it showing as 569 for the actual item but the icon still shows 561, it's just a bug with the icon. You should be safe to follow SC, which looks like switching to Tia-Tia is an upgrade, though a minor one once you've reforged (45.2dps) until you start upgrading Tia.
    The amount reforged on the doomblade is not consistent with what the tooltip says. A 569 doomblade has 660 expertise but it's reforging 242 expertise. It should be reforging 264 @ 660 expertise on item. It's quite possible that shadowcraft is not treating the strength heirloom correctly. I'd be iffy about those results. It's undervaluing the stats on the doomblade. It also tries to reforge 192 mastery. The reforge values of 192 mastery or 242 expertise is consistent with 605 expertise or 480 mastery, not the 660/525 listed.

You can see that the doomblade's stats within shadowcraft are incorrect because if you switch the 569 doomblade to a 569 cleaver, his stamina goes from 32,268 to 32,390, even though both items should have the same amount of stamina. In other words, the doomblade is better than shadowcraft is estimating. Good enough to beat the Tia-Tia? I don't know. I'd guess that shadowcraft internally isn't using the 569 version of the strength weapons--probably still the 561 version.

I'd suggest using AMR (using shadowcraft's scaling values) to get more-correct reforging and simcraft to see the dps difference. Either way, they're both very close.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-06-14 at 10:53 PM.