Deleted

How to make money before WoD?

Hello

I've been playing wow since early cata but I've always been kind of poor. Now before WoD I want to make some money so that I can get the items and such at the start. What is the best way to do so currently?

On my main (used the 90 boost) I have tailoring and engineering. I know that its probably buying things on AH and then resale for higher. But I tend to buy stuff that I can't get sold or they just gets undercutted again and then I dont have the money to buy them too .
    So could I get some money like right away without using the AH at all or as little as possible atleast? I was kind of thinking of just do alot of dailies that I never does (then what dailies should I do?) or just questing in like Dread Wastes or something like that. Or do you think like farming clothes and do bags or something with tailoring?

Thanks in advnace

1. Play the AH.
    2. Go catch rare pets, train up low level ones and sell them for hundreds of gold.
    3. PvP

I have transmutation alchemy, and assuming I make 3135 CP per week, I can buy 5 spirits per week. If I grind for HP throughout the week, I can buy an additional spirit, making 6. These 6 can be used in my daily transmutations, so I can produce 13 minimum. I usually make an average of 18-20 per week (due to my transmutation alchemy perk). That makes a whole stack. A stack of living steel on Moon Guard sells for 10k gold. That's 10k gold per week, just off of PvPing.

Deleted
    ok is it some special pets I should catch, and what level should they be at?

Rare pets can be sold for hundreds - in many cases even thousands of gold at any lvl, even 1.

Level 25 common pets can sell for several hundred as well (I sold a lvl 20 uncommon goldfish for 500g).

Alot of the raid pets sell pretty well, depending on server, especially the later ones, for eg. coilfang stalker off Vashj.

Black tabby cat is actually a really rare pet, which used to be a 1% drop off a single rare mob, but thats now changed to a 1-2% world drop if i remember correctly. So its still relatively rare, i mean i only ever see 2/3 on my server going for 3k at a time, this is at level 1, although im not sure if they actually sell for that much.

Just checked - Black Tabby going for 2.6k on Moon Guard.

Personally, I'll be doing the following;

1) Boosting Challenge Modes - 90K for the full 9/9 Gold. Split between 4 people, that's 22.5K per boost, and it's easy to do several a week.

2) Boosting Heroic Modes - Guild Runs that sell for ~400K per run, split between 9 people, that's ~45K per run, per week.

3) Boosting Flex Raids - ~25K for a full boost, split between 9 people, that's ~2.7K per run.

4) Selling as much stuff as physically possible on the Auction House!

Totaling the Boosts alone, I could easily make ~115K per week. If I do that over the next few months leading up to Warlords, and depriciating the value of Heroic & Flex Boosts slowly, I could make ~1,725,000 between now and Warlords on Boosts alone.

It's lucrative stuff if you're prepared to put in the hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I'll be doing the following;

1) Boosting Challenge Modes - 90K for the full 9/9 Gold. Split between 4 people, that's 22.5K per boost, and it's easy to do several a week.

2) Boosting Heroic Modes - Guild Runs that sell for ~400K per run, split between 9 people, that's ~45K per run, per week.

3) Boosting Flex Raids - ~25K for a full boost, split between 9 people, that's ~2.7K per run.

4) Selling as much stuff as physically possible on the Auction House!

Totaling the Boosts alone, I could easily make ~115K per week. If I do that over the next few months leading up to Warlords, and depriciating the value of Heroic & Flex Boosts slowly, I could make ~1,725,000 between now and Warlords on Boosts alone.

It's lucrative stuff if you're prepared to put in the hours.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    .Go to the Isle of Thunder. Try and obtain as many Keys to the Palace of Lei Shen, and run the Troves scenario for piles of gold.
    .The daily quest cap has also been removed, so you're able to complete many more dailies.
    .Running old dungeons and raids will also yield a considerable amount, and all the drops should be sold to a vendor (Unless you want tier pieces for transmogrification purposes).
    .While Archaeology does take time to level up, the items created can be sold for a great amount
    .Create a gathering alt, and sell the mats
    .Level a mage up to 90 and advertise your portal business in trade chat.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, grinding mobs does provide good $$$$

My mate has been farming very lightly the last few months to get my brother a Spectral Tiger as a wedding present. He farmed about 670k over a few months with just a handful of hours a day (if that)

Get a IRL job.
    Make money.
    Buy gold.

On more serious note, above suggestions are really good, but if you cannot do that you can always go farm mobs with Potion of luck.
    There is a ton of guides/spots in youtube/google that you can check out.

I personally farm in the vale for like 1h, when i go to town to empty bags, i have a list with Reagents on my AH addon so i scan, if there is cheap reagents i buy them etc etc.
    If you put an effort you make shit load of gold, isnt that hard, just more people are lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proffesions, Farming, Boosting in arenas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The best time to make money is actually right after the release of a new expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    The best time to make money is actually right after the release of a new expansion.
    ^^^ this. Gather herbs/ore/leather and sell, d/e new greens and sell mats, prospect the most common ore and sell gems.

The first 2 weeks or so will be opportunity to make TONS of money, I did it for MoP rather than go into the crowded start zones, I seem to remember making 100-200k gold without too much effort. Just concentrated on that, rather than leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get an alt to create a guild for a personal use GB, grind as many low level mats (vanilla - cata, maybe some of MoP), hold onto the GB filled with these until after release. Sell.

While that GB would be full, continue grinding and AHing in the mean time for a slightly smaller cash flow. Also, go through all the quests in Wrath-MoP zones (honestly, there's a ton of gold in it at max level, and you can be grinding mats while you do them). Soloing TBC raids (probably the easiest ones to do, make sure to have empty bags, and vendor the white/grey items auction anything above that that isn't BoP... vendor the BoP, can make a good 1-2k a week and it's pretty quick + transmog). Solo the 5man heroics, and do the same as soloing old raids.

Pets would be good too, but not as reliable (RNG be damned). Also, leveling alts is a good gold grind, as long as you only use the bare necessity on mount skills (getting two gathering profs that fit well together, skinning/mining herbing/skinning so you don't have double the minimap nodes popping up, AH stacks as you go or put into that personal GB).

Now, this might not be the absolute fastest way of getting gold, but it is very reliable and a steady stream with low effort/skill required.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Personally I go the way that almosts entirely stays out of the AH. I solo old raids, but most I do Cata heroics so I can bang them out in 15 minutes or less.

Gold you pick up + vendor trash in cata heroics will net you approx 200 gold per run. 200g in 15 minutes just for AoEing a bunch of mobs ain't bad. Also if you are going to do this you can pick up lower level players to carry through for a set price. Just be sure to mention that unless they need the gear it's all yours to vendor.

Edit: You should do dailies as well. Anywhere you find them even if you are already rep capped with that faction. You can a nice amount of gold by questing. I just turn on some music/podcast and start grind them out.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

think about it this way:

Assuming wod comes out as late as december, thats toughly 6 months.(counting all months as 30 days)

So if you farm 1000 gold per day for 6 months, you'll get 180k, that is 1x potion of luck without using professions and sell everything on ah.
    So 2x pots will give you 360k, 4x will give you 720k and 6 pots will get you 1080k. So if you farm 1 hours 40 mins + ah time, a day? you'll get capped with barely any time.

And this is only like the bare minimum, I probably think you can get 1k per pot vendoring everything.

If you make use of professions, play smarter on ah, sell leveling boosts for like 1 k for 1 hour (not that easy) , you can significantly increase your gold earned per months, you can probably cap at half the time.

Expected plundered treasures per pot: 30-60 (my best is 93, but you need good gear, good pull speed and good gear)

1. Don't spend anything.

2. Always spend time on it every day consistently.

3. Use your proffesions, look up youtube and google guides.

Else just grinds mobs.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO