Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    LF-Anything will always be bad. Always. The anonymity of the internet + different server = you can be as much of an asshole as you like without much backlash, you'll likely never see that group of players again. And if you do, you're likely not to remember them.

It's a huge shame, because I've met some great people in LFD and been sad to part ways, but the majority of groups are usually very crude and awful.

I do the tank+hunter friend duo thing in heroics currently with my tank and my friend's hunter, we can solo pretty much almost every dungeon/boss on heroic and yet healers and dps still freak out over it.
    Pretty much this. I laugh at all the blind fanbois defending Wildstar's use of the same tool. These things bring out the worst people and 95% of the time result in awful groups.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Pretty much this. I laugh at all the blind fanbois defending Wildstar's use of the same tool. These things bring out the worst people and 95% of the time result in awful groups.
    95% of the time in WoW random groups, my groups go just fine. So, as I said earlier in the thread, people are either exaggerating or they're part of what makes the groups bad.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's not about the group doing well in game terms but also about the group providing social experience.
    I don't talk much to people in random pugs beyond helping people if they need/ask for it. I don't feel like stopping to talk to people I'll never see again to try and find some common ground to discuss over the internet while simultaneously trying to tank/DPS/whatever a dungeon/raid in as expeditious a manner as possible.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    95% of the time in WoW random groups, my groups go just fine. So, as I said earlier in the thread, people are either exaggerating or they're part of what makes the groups bad.
    Lol. Thats because WoW content can be completed by monkeys. Try using LFD to complete real dungeons.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Wait, so you had people typing in your group !? When I level and people enter I usually only get "Hello" and "ty for run".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's the thing though. An MMO is supposed to be a social experience, not just a way to maximize game rewards. To each his own, but still, the social element is part of MMOs by design.
    You cannot pretend to have a deep discussion by only using the keyboard in a dungeon setting. It is not IRC chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I don't see what that second part has to with being a bad player. The healer's reaction was understandable considering you didn't even seem to bother to tell them what you were doing. That's bad interaction on your part, not the healer.
    Oh? So it's good interaction on the healers part to constantly insult and swear at the group? No... it's not.

I know it's cool to come into threads and try to shift the blame, but the healer was definitely at fault.

I will say that they should've let him in on what was happening, but it shouldn't be rocket science. No matter how you look at it, the healer was a bad apple.

So to summarize the mistakes:

Group:
    - Didn't let the healer in on the plan

Healer:
    - Didn't bother to ask what the plan was
    - Insulted the Hunter for pulling
    - Insulted the group constantly
    - Came back and pulled. Then proceeded to continue the swearing.

Oh yeah, you're right. The healer isn't bad at all. /sarcasm