Page 1 of 3
LastLast

They are doing it wrong with these game-wide buffs.

I like the idea, but they're implementing the buffs wrong.

1.) Gaze should be only available if you already have the cloak so alts can get cloak faster. It should also be permanent. Also, while the buff is active, valor for the quest should be reduced to 1000.

2.) The valor buff should be given once in a while as a surprise, and should effect the maximum weekly cap, not the increased amount of points you receive. You can valor cap in a little under an hour from doing heroic scenarios, I have done that for the past month or two now. Obtaining points is not the issue, it is the cap.

Final word: alts are at a disadvantage without cloak and meta gem. For fresh new accounts I think they should do it first like the majority who have the cloak, but once you have the cloak, enable the gaze buff. For the valor idea, it would significantly allow players to update item level who complain about not getting into pugs.

As much as I would agree with point 1, there are people who came back to the guy like myself who no longer have a toon with a cloak, I bought a new account and leveld up and don't really wanna go through the quest line again, I think it should just be a permanent buff being that we're atleast 4-6 months away from WoD there's no real reason to make it take longer, I think the valor part of the quest should be taken out or nerfed again, I did it twice at 6k valor and still think 3k is too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - No. There are a lot of people who deserve to get to attempt to achieve the cloak. It's very late in the expansion and it's time they get it, too. We've had months and months of use out of it

2 - I wouldn't mind something like this, though. I really enjoyed it - I got to cap a few toons a couple of times and upgrade their gear

Better suggestion....

Remove the cloak.... everyone wins.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Better suggestion....

Remove the cloak.... everyone wins.
    How does everyone win if you remove it exactly? I'd certainly feel that I'd lost something.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How does everyone win if you remove it exactly? I'd certainly feel that I'd lost something.
    nobody has it nobody wins? im all for welfare legendary going bye bye

OP its their lame way of saying "we gave you SOMETHING at the end of an expansion" ya know instead of filler content or something that actually took some time to do.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

1.) Is how I expected that it would work. However, with the current implementation of the buff, I realize that this buff is not for me. It is not to help me, someone who already has the cloak, have each additional cloak for my alts be easier always. It is a bonus for people who are working on their first cloak, to speed them up and give them an extra incentive to play during the buff's activity. And that's okay. Not everything has to be about me.

2.) I agree with this. The Valor buff had an odd effect- it made me log onto WoW less, not more (which I assume was the intention, like the D3 buffs). Because I capped faster, I logged on once, ran some scenarios, and then didn't log on much the rest of the week. Changing the way that buff works might need to be examined.

Joke is that most of my alts are still working on sigils.

The bonus rep is a nice gesture, I suppose.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    nobody has it nobody wins? im all for welfare legendary going bye bye

OP its their lame way of saying "we gave you SOMETHING at the end of an expansion" ya know instead of filler content or something that actually took some time to do.
    No, that's not how it works. If you remove something, then all the people who have the cloak lose something, they do not win. And those who haven't gotten it yet also lose the option of getting it.

Deleted
    I can not stand new (or even existing lazy players) that complain the legendary quest is too long. It's fucking meant to be, lol. It spanned 3 tiers. It took the majority of us a year to work for, and people seem to think 2-3 months is unfair...

The VP buff makes sense with the new item upgrades, and I wish it was permanent for capping alts. But buffing the droprate of quest items and Black Prince rep is a slap in the face to those of us that earned the cloak through time and dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I can not stand new (or even existing lazy players) that complain the legendary quest is too long. It's fucking meant to be, lol. It spanned 3 tiers. It took the majority of us a year to work for, and people seem to think 2-3 months is unfair...

The VP buff makes sense with the new item upgrades, and I wish it was permanent for capping alts. But buffing the droprate of quest items and Black Prince rep is a slap in the face to those of us that earned the cloak through time and dedication.
    Dedication? Time maybe, but if you think it took dedication you have a low bar.

buffing the droprate of quest items and Black Prince rep is a slap in the face
    I don't think you understand the meaning of "slap in the face" or probably not even "face."

Wow.. what a shocker, they give us something and people complain about it. I have cloak on 5 toons now, glad that this is making it easier for my other 14. Though I would love to see the valor max raised higher. 1000 valor pretty much lets you upgrade 1 new piece 4x for the week. Otherwise, quit complaining about every damn thing that comes out. This is a 2 week buff that they didn't have to give us but decided to. Yes we've been in SoO forever now, oh well, don't play if you don't wanna play. Then guess what, the 2 week buff wouldn't matter to you anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    People should be grateful the legendary is available to their alts at all, but I guess this is what happens when you can get the cloak through LFR. All of a sudden the legendary stops becoming optional for alts in peoples' minds and it becomes something of a "requirement". They think they need it and feel entitled about not having it. It doesn't even require raiding to acquire, so why not make it even easier to get, right? Well, you have had months and mooooooonths to get it. If you haven't felt like putting in the work, use the next few weeks to finish up. If you haven't and want the cloak in two lockouts? Tough titties, I'd say. The cloak is accessible enough as is. The buff makes something that requires no skill and hardly any real dedication require even less of those two things.
    Look! Words!

A few key points that I have noticed about the players on the official forum complaining about implementation of these buffs.

-The vast majority of people that are against them, are not doing Heroic Raid content and are complaining about "baddies" that will show up in their PuGs. This seems to be more about personal epeen rather than anything else.

-Players who have already cleared HSoO or most of it, seem to be generally supportive of the buff, but question the Devs decision to make the duration to only 2 weeks. (Case in point, the ilevel 587 Hunter with the most likes on his comment on the official Blizzard post) I think they are not worried about a casual or altoholic player getting the cloak as it really doesn't affect them anyway. There are already several tried and true recruiting methods for replacing empty raid spots with motivated, skilled and knowledgeable players.

-The vast majority of players who are currently on a Test of Valor and will not get to benefit from the really cool part of the buff, are either players with alts they want to gear up or those like myself who recently returned to game.

Two out the three above have valid reasoning to support their argument.

1. Blizz should just go ahead and make The Gaze permanent, regardless of whether you have completed it or not. This will be a huge boon to those just returning to the game as well as a nice bonus to those raiders who need to gear up an alt in preparation to quickly get into WoD Mythic raiding.

2. Agreed. I like that idea. Perhaps even replace the 50% one with the 100% version and give the 50% one as the occasional surprise? Ex. 150% to be earned on mains on the reset and 250% to be earned on alts later in the week?
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2014-06-16 at 11:02 PM.

The buff is not a slap in the face. You, I, and everyone else with the cloak has had it for however long now and that was the benefit of farming it early. Is it a slap in the face when cell phone prices drop before the next generation comes out? Is it a slap in the face when a game console is put on sale for $100 less after it's been out a while?

No? Well neither is this.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Actually it isn't, considering the date stamp of the final achievement. If you got it when the last chapter was released, your epeen is safe for the time being. :P

Edit: I don't see anything wrong with new players playing around with old gear, let folks have a little fun. Just look at how many people are running around with full Tier 5-6 transmogs that didn't start playing until Cata. Considering the cloak came out last year, it is also old gear.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2014-06-16 at 10:49 PM.

Work? Showing up for your normal weekly raid isn't work... it's why you play this game lol. Only work you had to do outside of raid was grind the rep which you already did by doing dailies.. and those scenarios and 2 BGs.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Work? Showing up for your normal weekly raid isn't work... it's why you play this game lol. Only work you had to do outside of raid was grind the rep which you already did by doing dailies.. and those scenarios and 2 BGs.
    Oh dear...

Given how long we're being stuck with this tier as we wait for WoD, I've leveled a horde alt and begun anew on the opposite faction to keep from being bored out of my skull. Naturally, any experienced raid team expects members to have their cloaks already. Does it really make sense that I have to spend several months to acquire a legendary whose time is about to expire?

This legendary will never be a special snowflake like the earlier legendaries that very few people could obtain during their relevance. The idea behind the legendary cloak was to finally create a legendary that everyone could not only have, but get a fair amount of use out of while it's still relevant. While some may not approve of that kind of wide appeal in a legendary item, that was the stated intent of the item and that's how it was implemented.

As the time when the legendary will remain useful draws to a close, it makes sense that the amount of delay in acquiring it be shortened. This is no different when the amount of valor for the valor earned quest was shortened. They are giving people a boost for 2 weeks, so that if you're serious about getting the cloak done you'll have a boost to your completion. It's not a permanent nerf to the quest chain, just a temporary boost for those who are dumb enough (myself included) to still be subbed right now.