Comp help? WW, Hpally, and boomkin or hunter?

Hey guys, I'm playing a WW monk and my buddy just finished gearing his holy offset in full prideful. We want to push rating in threes with his GF, whom plays a hunter main and boomkin alt. I would say she is best at the hunter, but is not bad at the druid either. What do you guys think the best comp would be and would you have any tips for how the comp should be played?

WW/boomkin/pala

hoj>fear>cyclone>rootbeam

boomkin can also get hoj from symbiosis or take monks disarm

Probably should run ww/hunter/holy, its alot easier in the long run. Boom/ww/holy works (alot better with a priest though) but it takes alot more coordination and setup to land kills on anything. You are most likely going to run into alot of long games where you find yourself on your heels unless you coordinate well with cc early. I ran boom/war/hpally around 2.1k which is similar and we ran into this problem alot. Our boomkin is on the defensive and running most of the time and can't get any decent pressure off while the war sits in cc. Melee peels need to be on point, and pally fears are crucial to put pressure on. Its hard for that comp to die but also hard to land kills so you need to have good synergy.

With a hunter, cc is a joke and damage is insane so long as your pally stays out of trouble it is much easier to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

people keep saying hunter cc is easy, try landing a trap at any rating above 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    people keep saying hunter cc is easy, try landing a trap at any rating above 2k.
    Its not just trap. If I, as a healer, get within 25 yards and LoS of a hunter there is some CC that will hit me pretty much guaranteed, be it silencing, scatter, wyvern, hell even firetrap knockback to force me onto one side of a pillar. Ive seen a hunter team without cds drop someone from 100-30 in just a scatter (since my war MSR'd the trap), then what? Silencing, or wyvern, or anything else a teammate feels like doing since im stuck in place. Its just that feeling of knowing you are going to be cc'd by something unavoidable the instant he is in LoS of me; its not like a lock or mage where he has to cast a fear/sheep or be in range of howl / have PoM up. Then my teammates have to backpedal to stop a trap on me if I get scattered which isn't always on option depending on comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

yeah but it's all short, you'll typically never see a kill without a trap landed to either guarantee the kill or force enough pressure for the other short ccs

yeah but it's all short, you'll typically never see a kill without a trap landed to either guarantee the kill or force enough pressure for the other short ccs
    remember that if you missed your trap, your monk can always just paralyze (or the hunter can wyvern), all 3 of which are on the same DR and don't need any setup.

In general, wyvern and paralyze should be used on the third target but if a trap is failed they have the option just to slap a full length CC on the healer anyway. If they time it right they can actually deny the dispel on the person who eats it.

My opinion: WW/Hunter/Pala by far. WW/Boomkin has no synergy at all, the Druid wants to multidot and apply constant pressure and has hardly any CC, the monk wants to train 1 target and swap with CDs every minute or so. Paralyze will break to dots and outside of that there is no CC.

WW/Hunter can do insane damage, insane burst and has tons of cross CC if played correctly. The only problem is that the comp loses all pressure if you start playing defensively, but that'd be even worse with a Boomkin.

para and wyvern are hardly full length

para is 6 seconds and thats only if you happen to land it from behind and wyvern is also 6 seconds, can be dispelled by paladins and monks of any spec and also tremored.

The biggest con of hunter cc against other types like poly and fear is that it has a long cooldown, whereas comparably you can spam poly, fear and cyclone on every until they are all fully DRed.

The biggest con of hunter cc against other types like poly and fear is that it has a long cooldown, whereas comparably you can spam poly, fear and cyclone on every until they are all fully DRed.
    the tradeoff being that Hunter CC is instant and against any competent team you wont be left alone to hardcast cyclones as a boomkin (the specs we are comparing).

cyclone has no cd and you can just cast again if you get interrupted.