Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Honestly, that's something that can be fixed with PvP set bonuses, no need to screw over PvE just because of PvP, like always.
    in addition to the ravage set 4: "When out of cat form, savage roar duration is paused, and resumed once caster enters cat form again"
    in addition to the ravage set 4: "Savage roar cost reduced by 25 energy"
    in addition to the ravage set 4: "Ravage now instantly casts a savage roar equivalent to 3cp"

so many options.
    Who said anything about screwing PvE?

You don't need to screw PvE by making Savage Roar less impactful. You can have it still be required for max DPS but make sure it isn't a huge DPS increase so when it isn't needed to be kept up, it doesn't screw us hard.

Make it were our DPS without savage roar is within about 5% of the DPS with it and that would be enough, making it where it is upwards of 30-40% is too big of a deal though. It doesn't screw PvE in the slightest except in the regards that druids who messed up aren't hit as bad for it when they do which actually brings them more in line with other classes in that regard.

The better suggestion i've seen is to reduce SR dmg bonus from 40% to 30% (maybe even 25) and bake the rest of the damage back into the abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    How have druids fallen this far? Up until at least mid-Cata this forum community was proud to have one of the most complex "rotations" in game, it traces a line between the bad players, the good players and the fantastic players. I can't believe I'm seeing people complaining that Feral rotation is too hard or something like SR is pointless or, worse, too hard to keep up.
    Seriously guys, get a grip. Damage tuning is one thing, complaining about the mechanical design is another. Ferals are among the few that mantain depth and complexity to this day, please keep it that way.

As a side note since I also play a paladin: removing Inquisition was a stupid move.
    Keeping any rotation up in PvE is easy as fuck, and totally besides the point. I wanted to make 2 points here:

Point one is that its retarded to have 1 spell responsible for 40% of damage output.
    Point two is that it actually IS hard to keep up in pvp. And im not talking BG, im talking Arena. You got cc´s, you got kiting, and with all that, u have to first amass 5 point SR (any lower will fall off within seconds) just to be on the same damage level the enemy is (100%). Thats a 20 second headstart for the enemy team, assuming they are anywhere proper. By the time ur 5 point combo point rip is ready ur already dead.

Sorry, I have to be "that guy": SR is not worth 40% of your DPS, it increases your DPS by 40%; which makes it worth 40 parts in 140: 40/140 = 28.6% of your DPS.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    Sorry, I have to be "that guy": SR is not worth 40% of your DPS, it increases your DPS by 40%; which makes it worth 40 parts in 140: 40/140 = 28.6% of your DPS.
    How can a 40% spell be responsible for 28.6% damage. Lol.
    So ur saying im playing on 100% dps without SR? Then feral is underpowered as fuck.

That is just the point: you define "max damage" as your SR buffed damage, so you have to consider it as a percentage of your SR buffed damage. It gives you 40% of your UNbuffed damage, but no one cares about your unbuffed damage; that is why it does not actually do 40% of your DPS.
    Your real max damage is your baseline DPS, plus 40% of your baseline DPS added by SR. Therefore you cannot look at those 40 percentage points of damage from SR as a proportion of the 100 percentage point baseline, rather you need to compare it to the 140 percentage point damage you do after the buff. This means that it is doing 40 parts of your damage out of 140 parts of your damage, which is 28.6%.

Think about this: if SR was a 100% damage buff, would it do all of your damage, or half?
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Personally cannot stand Savage Roar at all and is the reason I don't play my druid very often. With WoD and the passive talent I might pick it back up since I don't need to maintain this god awful move.

I played a rogue for YEARS and people can compare Slice and Dice to SR but tbh a rogue can maintain S&D much easier than the druid can SR. I don't know it just feels like rogues have more energy and CPs to play with compared to the druid. Sure it adds a bit of complexity to the feral druid but imo it is a terrible way to do it, a feral druid is pretty much the same playstyle as a sub rogue yet Sub flows much more smoothly than the feral druid. Think they really need to take a look at the druid a little more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    How can a 40% spell be responsible for 28.6% damage. Lol.
    So ur saying im playing on 100% dps without SR? Then feral is underpowered as fuck.
    If you have no clue how maths work then you should just stay silent.

For example, premade lvl 90 in PTR on a dummy does around 310 with Shred without SR and around 450 with SR. 60% of 450 is 270 which is clearly below what Shred does without SR, so SR isn't responsible of even close to 40% of the damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    So savage roar gives a 40% buff to all melee dmg. Seems fine right? Then why does my 40% dmg buff equal to every other classes 100% dmg? Its bloody retarded.We are constantly playing with a 40% handicap, unless we keep an eye out for savage roar. What other class has that? If they would make it 140% dmg (so 40 on top of 100% instead of 60%), id understand it, but this is just stupid.

Did they lack proper skills for a rotation, and go ´well fuck, lets just give em a 40% debuff at all times that can be removed while maintaining a good rotation´. Its like making DK´s aura´s on 20s timers with a need for refresh within the rotation. Or a mage that actually has to evocate every 30 seconds. Its ridiculous. And in PvE its manageable even. But holy shit pvp.

Unless u have the glyph, the first 10 seconds ur busy getting savage roar up. Not only that, but due to kiting, etc. As soon as SR wears off, ur fucked. All the combo points u can muster need to be converted into SR, or ull be doing shit damage. But while doing so, u never have enough to get a rip or ferocious bite out.

Thoughts?
    Your complaint doesn't make sense. Maintaining a buff to keep your damage up is simply part of the playstyle of that particular spec. Classes have their idiosyncracies and that's what makes them feel different while performing comparably.