[Discuss]: Updating Old Racial Models

When Blizzard unveiled the male dwarf it was nearly capped at 8,000 pixels

When Blizzard unveiled the male gnome it was nearly capped at 6,000 pixels [smaller avatar]

Now when Blizzard unveils the other updated old races, it's not about the amount of pixels, but facial animations with keeping the look of the "classic" feel

I can't help but feel that:

a) Things are being rushed
    b) Male Dwarf looking the best to make money off of race change
    c) Old races updated to match Panderan pixels (but not Warlords of Draenor)

WoD pixel graphics > MoP pixel graphics, so it's already outdated?

Are you guys hyped for updating the old races, and do they really look as good as they should? Are you more in favor of playable murloc and jinyu, ogres and arokkoa, naga and any other race? Is what Blizzard's doing now time well spent, or could they be doing better?

/discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Qithlorien View Post
    When Blizzard unveiled the male dwarf it was nearly capped at 8,000 pixels

When Blizzard unveiled the male gnome it was nearly capped at 6,000 pixels [smaller avatar]

Now when Blizzard unveils the other updated old races, it's not about the amount of pixels, but facial animations with keeping the look of the "classic" feel

I can't help but feel that:

a) Things are being rushed
    b) Male Dwarf looking the best to make money off of race change
    c) Old races updated to match Panderan pixels (but not Warlords of Draenor)

WoD pixel graphics > MoP pixel graphics, so it's already outdated?

Are you guys hyped for updating the old races, and do they really look as good as they should? Are you more in favor of playable murloc and jinyu, ogres and arokkoa, naga and any other race? Is what Blizzard's doing now time well spent, or could they be doing better?

/discuss
    We've only seen, what, 7 of the 12 implemented in game? Orc M/F, Gnome M/F, Dwarf M/F, Tauren M.

Pixels? do you have any idea what you are talking about? Pixels are 2D. a picture has pixels (200x100 for instance), your monitor uses pixels (1920x1080), 3D models like in WoW use Polygons.

also keeping to the same feel as the old races and adding face animations was a goal also with the Dwarf and Gnome updates.
    Just the fact they don't say "Oh hey this new Night Elf model uses 8212 polygons" Doesn't mean they put less effort into it.

a) Obviously, because everyone expected the game to be released by now but they're still in Alpha they are rushing it.
    b) you say they make Dwarves the best looking race to make everyone racechange? Why would that even work? if it did everyone would be playing Pandaren right now.
    c) what? they're updating the old races to whatever is the standard now, not one expansion ago. besides the more polygons you use the less impact they have on the overall model. going from 1000 to 6000 is a massive step but going from 6000 to 11000 (way beyond what they would go) does not do as much.
    Last edited by Magruun; 2014-06-14 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find them all amazing the new models if i'm totally honest, but i gotta say dwarf and orc have most changes, but doesn't mean that the rest look worse.
    All of them look amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

From what I have seen sofar they are doing a great job. The only concern is each face looking so similar, they really need to be unique.
    Noticeably unique.

I wish they wouldent give people the option to "Turn off new character models".
    The old ones are OLD, old models dont even blink, they just have a small square skin-colored block pop up and down.
    Just like windows xp, its time to give it up.

Edit: And there is absolutely no excuse for computer performance.

If I had to guess, male humans are probably getting a bit more looked at than other models, after all, they are everywhere in the game, and it's kind of the 'base' model. I like them all so far, huge improvement over the old ones.