Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Skilled at multiple classes?

Just curious how many of you out there are skilled multi class? Me personally Im really good at feral/guardian and hunter, enough that i have 2 ferals and 3 hunters. So me wanting to branch out I gave shaman a try, im decent at resto and mediocre at ele. Ok lets try another class im mediocre at priesting and i havent even tried shadow but im sure im shit at that too. So Im working on a lock and Im pretty sure Im setting myself up to be dissapointed when im not decent at that. That aside do any of you guys out there good at multi class or one of the mes out there that are only good at 2 classes.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-06-14 at 09:35 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I have 9 90's and know how to play probably 4-5 really well.

Deleted
    Apart from my main, I used to fare well on my holy paladin, and later transitioned that to a resto druid. Also very capable on frost DK DPS.

I'm very capable with my holy paladin and any specs for a priest.
    However, resto shamans and survival hunter never seemed to be my thing.
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    ele/enh shammy
    WW/BM monk
    Prot/Fury Warrior

I'd write hunter, but really, hunters are baseline face roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having quite a bit of 90's, using 3-4 classes for raiding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    That sobering moment when you realize youre shit at a class and you realize it was not ment to be....feelsbadman.jpg.

I asked a friend that is a pro lock how do I handle my ambers in a certain situation and he explained my response "wat...." -_-;

part of me is hoping that I can pick them up in wod when its a littel easier. another part of me feels dirty. whatevs
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-06-14 at 09:47 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

If you are already an advanced player, picking up any class to a decent level shouldn't really ever take more than a week or two. However, it may be difficult to stay completely up to date, on more than 4 or 5. At least it would be for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I can play just about everything. They all take a little time to establish some muscle memory though. The majority of the difficulty comes from learning boss fights or different matchups as a new spec. I'd agree with the guy above me though, it takes about 2 weeks before I feel really comfortable playing as a class in tense situations.

I wouldn't call myself a master at any class, but I consider myself decent and competent in frost/arcane mage and windwalker monk for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkeymagoo View Post
    I can play just about everything. They all take a little time to establish some muscle memory though. The majority of the difficulty comes from learning boss fights or different matchups as a new spec. I'd agree with the guy above me though, it takes about 2 weeks before I feel really comfortable playing as a class in tense situations.
    Gotta agree with this. I have 14 90s, one of each class then a second of Warrior, DK and Rogue and have learned or relearned working with at least one spec from each in order to farm ZG for the mounts (I have one now). What was tricky was learning some of the classes that required more gear/skill to solo ZG. I spent a bit of time doing random dungeons and LFR on my Mage and Priest in order to really get the nuances down.

I really hate it but I'm very good at tanking, but it's so boring I've not done it in a long time, rather mash buttons and do some deeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can be decent at multiple classes, but not completely great on them all.

I always focused solely on one class with alts to mess around on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

I feel I can play 4 DPS specs optimally. Anyone claiming can play everything well likely don't actually have any comprehension of what optimization is and play them all at a mediocre level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamzy View Post
    If you are already an advanced player, picking up any class to a decent level shouldn't really ever take more than a week or two. However, it may be difficult to stay completely up to date, on more than 4 or 5. At least it would be for me.
    I'd claim the exact opposite. If you are really good at one class you tend to be more realistic about really getting your hands down on a new class and won't easily be satisfied by topping the charts in a PuG-raid. You will actually require much more work on a new class to meet the standards that you would call "really good" yourself.
    I'm really good at doing the warlock and still each time I swap main spec that comes down to several weeks of getting back into it until I meet my own standards in terms of warlock again. Sure, I can pick up every spec in the game to quickly reach the top in an lfr-raid.. but that's nothing. Being honest, I wouldn't call myself really good on any other spec besides maybe the prot warrior. Although the warrior is always my alt of choice and I can pull decent numbers with its damage specs I'm well aware that it doesn't come close to my level of playing the warlock.

edit: to make that clear: I can easily pull off dps rankings on my warlock, but I could never do that playing arms or fury even if you gave me all the gear.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2014-06-14 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a BM hunter and I'm really good at it cause it's the only toon I really raid on. I have a shaman and I think I'm decent at resto but I'm REALLY bad at enhancement. I think I just suck at melee. I also have a disc/shadow priest and I'm decent at both specs but I haven't tried them in a raid. And then there's my pally and DK tanks that I do okay with, but I need more tanking experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always had a thing for knowing as much as possible of each class. After having 12 lvl 90s for a while and testing all the specs and shizzle I can say I know each class fairly well.

Though I'm probably best on my Druid, Paladin, Warlock, Shaman and Mage.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be able to play 2-3 classes optimally of course they were my mains once. But I have not touched my alts other then leveling them up to 90 for professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider my skill level with hunter/warrior to be high/advanced.

My skill with BM monk is pretty high, but I've never taken the time to learn her dps spec properly (I always tank).

I was actually a pretty strong pally healer in Cata, but stopped playing her in Mists. I'm decent at shaman/druid heals.

I've never been especially good at casters, my lock is only level 40ish and I deleted my 80 mage. Just wasn't into it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played all classes for a very long time and also played every single specc actively at some point and could probably pick up and "main" any class/specc in a raiding guild and still perform better than most. I've been casual for quite a whole now though, but I still pug a lot with different classes all the time (and my performance is never lacking) and I picked up PG titles with speccs (and classes) that I haven't played for years without struggling much at all.

Being casual has made me quite lazy though and now, especially after I started multiboxing different classes together, I've noticed how much easier things are with passives over extra buttons/cooldowns (when it comes to talents) and 1 button macros over manual rotations. I only do LFR and flex anyway so you can say I've been slacking a lot.
    Last edited by Bodom; 2014-06-14 at 10:20 PM.