Debating on switching to Demo

Hello! I've been playing my alt recently a bit who's Affliction, while I've been playing affliction since BC, switching to Demo when I wanted something new, I haven't really messed with Demo all that much this expansion, the last time I really played Demo was Wrath. So my questions are this...

Is Demo fun?

Is the rotation more complicated now that Metamorphosis isn't a CD anymore? (I noticed you now have to some what "stance dance" with it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post

Is Demo fun?
    Nobody here can tell you what you will and won't find fun
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Nobody here can tell you what you will and won't find fun
    essentially, this. Some questions you -coudl- ask yourself:

Do you like looking at yourself murdering in demon form?
    Do you like casting a mix of fire and shadow spells?
    Are you fond of pet specs?
    Do you like pooling resources and restraining dps then unleashing it on some poor sap when trinkets and procs are up?

I can't think of anymore, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    essentially, this. Some questions you -coudl- ask yourself:

Do you like looking at yourself murdering in demon form?
    Do you like casting a mix of fire and shadow spells?
    Are you fond of pet specs?
    Do you like pooling resources and restraining dps then unleashing it on some poor sap when trinkets and procs are up?

I can't think of anymore, but you get the idea.
    I like all of those things, and thank you for the reply. I guess what it comes down to is how difficult the rotation is in your opinion? I did dabble in Demo during BC, Wrath, and very little in Cata, but mainly played Alfiction with my alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    I like all of those things, and thank you for the reply. I guess what it comes down to is how difficult the rotation is in your opinion? I did dabble in Demo during BC, Wrath, and very little in Cata, but mainly played Alfiction with my alt.
    as someone who casually plays demo as a mere alt the rotation is okay. the problem is lining up cooldowns and trinket/tier procs to do it. that, alongside the soul fire procs and corruption/hand of guldan dot stacking/doom debuffs you do have to monitor a lot of buffs and all that

Demonology is incredibly fun in my experience, though it can be a very wishy washy spec as far as dps goes. If you are actually looking for performance no way in hell should you go demonology when you already have the spec that some consider nearly game breakingly powerful.

Basically the real question is; do you want to be competitive, are you looking for fun or performance? If you answered no and fun then demonology is for you, if you said yes and performance then stay affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Demonology is incredibly fun in my experience, though it can be a very wishy washy spec as far as dps goes. If you are actually looking for performance no way in hell should you go demonology when you already have the spec that some consider nearly game breakingly powerful.

Basically the real question is; do you want to be competitive, are you looking for fun or performance? If you answered no and fun then demonology is for you, if you said yes and performance then stay affliction.
    With all due respect, Demonology is very competitive. It is among the better specs in game in terms of single target. This does not mean it is on the same level as affliction, but in all honesty here, we're just discussing in what degree you're going to be beating the other classes, which imho doesn't matter all that much. :P
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

I switched to demo a few weeks ago, and I am having a lot of fun with it. And that's while keeping up with the rest of my raid in comparable gear. Just make sure you have some nice trinkets to go with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is probably my favorite spec the Warlock class has to offer, so yes it is incredibly fun imo. But, how viable it is, is an entirely different question.
    Last edited by eScar95; 2014-06-15 at 05:31 PM.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    With all due respect, Demonology is very competitive. It is among the better specs in game in terms of single target. This does not mean it is on the same level as affliction, but in all honesty here, we're just discussing in what degree you're going to be beating the other classes, which imho doesn't matter all that much. :P
    Demonology isn't low no, but when you've got destruction and affliction at your beck and call demonology serves 0 reason to be played. By competitive comparing to other classes is very important because a demonology warlock that doesn't perform at an extremely high level probably won't be keeping their raid spot. It just doesn't have place atm as one of our other 2 specs destroys it on every single fight atm and it is far from one of the higher single targets, maybe in a perfect worldbut even in the top rank it underperforms except on an extremely limited fight basis.

Thank you all for the posts.

I think I'll dabble with it and see how I enjoy it. In no way am I looking to be "on top" of charts, since I just look to have fun with the game. Again thanks for the replies.

The stance dancing playstyle is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    The stance dancing playstyle is awesome.
    And the stance dancing portion of Demo can be one of the more difficult things to "master" if you've really never done it before either; be it with a /cast !Metamorphosis macro and then a new keybind to get out or if it's just not spamming the keybind for Meta.

IMO - if you feel bored with the other 2 specs, play with Demo and see how you like it. If you get the right pad on the right adds you can do exceedingly well on most fights.

I find it very fun. If you find destruction boring (and boy, do I ever), you will probably enjoy demonology. It's a refreshing spec that will keep you entertained. Also, it has fucking demonic leap!