Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So about the legendary quest line in 5.4

So I was just completing the first part of the legendary quest line on my alt when I realized there was no point. It will simply take too long to grind at this point, given I can even find groups willing to do old content.
    I just spend ages trying to figure out how to start the quest "Incoming..." but it seems the initiating quest have been moved to a different NPC or something, it's really frustrating.

I know many guilds out there won't take raiders who don't already have the cloak, and it really makes it difficult to play alts this late in the game. Shouldn't there be some kind of boost for players who have completed the quest on their mains already?
    What are your thoughts on this? -And please don't take it as I'm whining, because I'm really genuine curious as to why no one is talking about this.

You think that with 16 LEVELS OF UPGRADE you actually need the cloak for raiding?

You still have 5-7+ months to get the cloak before there's any new raiding to be done, though.

There's like two quest that you might need a group to do and that's the one to kill the faction elite in Krasarang wilds and someone to tank Nalak while you stab him with the spear, all other quests can be done solo-queue in LFR and Battlegrounds or just straight out solo. And there're plenty of other people trying to get the cloak so don't say it's impossible to actually get into those LFRs because it's not, I do all of them every week.

edit.
    Also, you get "Incomming..." done by starting the quest "Meet the Scout" that you get just outside of shrine, down the stairs. Right in front, from the Tauren for Horde and from the Night elf as Alliance. Just follow that quest chain untill your faction leader calls in their naval forces. As easy as that.
    Last edited by Marquize; 2014-06-15 at 08:18 AM.

The npc that starts the Krasarang stuff was moved infront of your faction shrine.
    Just got to the secrets part on an alt myself. Did first 4 in LFR, nothing. Not looking foward to this and the next part :/
    They need to buff the secrets and runestone parts like they did the sigils.
    Also the test of valor has been lowered to 3k instead of 6.

You know, you can try just googling the name of the quests you're stuck on and going from there...

The internet, how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by mootlix View Post
    Just got to the secrets part on an alt myself. Did first 4 in LFR, nothing.
    First 4 bosses in SoO? First 4 parts in ToT? If you ment SoO I hope you're aware of that sha of pride is a 100% drop chance just like Lei Shen and if you didn't get anything that means you already killed the boss that week before you actually started the quest.

it takes less than 2 months to finish, this expansion will be going for another 5+ months... im not the best at math but i think that means you will have a few months of raiding with legendary if you stop whining and just get it done.

The boss in Krasarang for Alliance anyways is a cake walk now, I just two manned it with a healer on my Rogue today so you don't even really need much of a group for that. The rest is grinding and RNG, have fun with that.

Worst part for me isn't even any of that, its trying to win the freaking BG's. Out of about 10 games, we haven't been close to winning at all. Considering I haven't been a huge fan of PvP since Cata, its making me want to rip my hair out. Frankly I think the meta gem is the bigger of the two. Sure the cloak is nice, but the meta imo is the true legendary item in the whole thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    it takes less than 2 months to finish, this expansion will be going for another 5+ months... im not the best at math but i think that means you will have a few months of raiding with legendary if you stop whining and just get it done.
    I've observed this attitude on this forum quite a bit, whenever someone brings something up they're just whining.
    I posted because I wanted to hear your opinions on this, and 2 months of grinding a quest you've done before is a very long time when all you want to do is raiding.

Deleted
    It took most of us a year to get this quest finished, and people are complaining that it's been nerfed to around 2 months.

Would you be happier if Blizzard just mailed you the cloak instead?

Unless for some magical reason people are still tryhardfarming old content, there is 0 "need" for the cloak. If people haven't cleared by now and "require" a cloak from you, then they are just terrible. Hell, there's even 8+ more potential ivls per SoO item now.

Right, so people have talked about it and besides getting it done in around 2-3 months, since it was made much faster by Blizzard (yet still an annoying grind for an alt) there is no other planned changes coming. So you either grind the cloak or you don't. It's a sizable increase, but not even remotely necessary at this point of "progression".

Feel free to disagree, there is nothing we can really do other than say " that sucks deal with it" or the more abrasive "stop whining" spams.

(I have 4 cloaks that I started at different periods, but finished all of them on the first week of SoO launch. It was painful...)
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lebowsk View Post
    So I was just completing the first part of the legendary quest line on my alt when I realized there was no point. It will simply take too long to grind at this point, given I can even find groups willing to do old content.
    1) 10 - 12 weeks max for the entire quest line if you keep it up, and you only have to make a tiny bit of concentrated effort each week. Can be done in a day. Still very doable.

2) What exactly do you need self-made groups for? Everything drops in SoO and ToT LFR, the mob in Krasarang Wilds can be soloed as well as charging the lance at Nalak, PvP maps are always populated and winning them once is only a question of time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    You think that with 16 LEVELS OF UPGRADE you actually need the cloak for raiding?
    You might not need it - who needs anything really? - but it is the most serious push you can get performance wise apart from weapons and some trinkets, and it doesn't even require you to step into normal mode. You can literally see it on the meters if one doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Would you be happier if Blizzard just mailed you the cloak instead?
    That's probably the issue yes.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-06-15 at 08:55 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) 10 Sigils of Power/Wisdom - Drops from all Mogushan, HoF, ToT, and first two SoO LFR. I literally got 10/10 on both in one week on one character. (2-4 hours)
    2) Kill Sha of Fear, get weapon gem. (30 min)
    3) Do Incoming (I couldnt find it either. And after 5 minutes, googled it, found the guy sitting outside Shrine)
    4) Test of Valor 3000 VP. Probably the longest part. Just do normal things and cap VP every week (stupid easy now with Deeds of Valor)
    5) Kill Bloodhilt, do PVP stuff
    6) Get 20 Secrets of the Empire from all four ToT, first two SoO (~2-3 weeks, 2-3 hours each week)
    7) Do scenario, get lance, get metagem
    8) Get 12 Titan Runestones from last two ToT, first two SoO (~2-3 weeks, 1-2 hours each week)
    9) Kill Lei Shen, do quest, get cloak.

The only part that sucks is doing PVP as alliance. All of my alliance characters (5 cloaks now) had to do the pvp stuff 5-10 times each. Both my hordies oneshotted each pvp place. It doesn't take a lot of time really. Just patience.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    2) Kill Sha of Fear, get weapon gem. (30 min)
    Good luck with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotmia View Post
    Good luck with that
    Why do you say that? Queue, do group, win. Honestly probably won't even take 30 min.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Why do you say that? Queue, do group, win. Honestly probably won't even take 30 min.
    Actually I did that yesterday on my alt tank, and I spend over 2 hours in queue on a friday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotmia View Post
    Good luck with that
    What?!?! Sha of Fear is cake in LFR, just ignore the adds and mow down the boss. If you get ported over to the platform, collect orbs and kill the add over there. My first time in that instance was last week, we were in an out of there in about 30 to 40 minutes.

OP if it is too much of a struggle for you then just don't do it, there are plenty of other things to do in game. You could level another alt or go farm achievement points.

I recently completed Chapter 1 on my Warlock and Priest and am currently on A Test of Valor on both. I also started Chapter 1 on my Shaman this week. My current goal is to have the cloak on all three of them by Mid-September so I can begin gearing up on Ordos.

I didnt read all the replies, but I'm sure it's been mentioned. You can do it all solo. I have 11 90's (I know, go outside moar).. with each of them at a different step in the quest. I've recently been trying to do as much as possible each week on all of them without feeling the burn out. For DPS, I love to be topping meters, and you just simply will not come close to top in a group that has a few cloaks. The meta/cloak are huge upgrades for DPS. Just take your time and focus on one alt at a time.. and dont burn yourself out. If you don't feel like doing it, don't.

I have two cloaks, one dps and one tank. Two more metas, and a few more on Secrets. Again, you can solo everything, except for maybe the Horde/Alliance leader if you're a healer or you have low gear. Good luck!

Thanks to JustintimeSS for the awesome sig!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to have but not needed anymore nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I tend to find that getting groups for old content is easy, due to so many people doing the old LFR for the quest. Especially for Sha of Fear. The cloak isnt "needed" to raid but it is such a big upgrade and so widespread that raid guilds would prefer not to recruit people without it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4