Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    If you don't game the AH, it's more than a person is ever likely to see.
    It's more than I have too but I've never made any real effort to get gold. It's still not really that much if you're actively trying to earn it though. If it was my kid I'd have a chuckle and move on because it's so pointless and easy to replace if you're really concerned.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Great parent right there...
    you're in for one hell of a mind fuck when you have kids if you think you can watch a kid constantly, know what they're doing and can know what they're gonna do before they do it.

they scheme, they're smart, they're sneaky and they will get you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Besides the article's date being March 19th 2013, it's also full of grammar and lexical errors.
    people will like you more irl when you stop with this train of thought. you have nothing of value to add whatsoever, to anything, yet you can't resist the urge to say something. people hate people who are like that.

pre-internet, you just had to shut the fuck up when you had nothing to say. that's still a good way to live your life.

Topics like these are always great at fishing out the people from the bottom of the barrel.

Doesn't matter if it's 426k gold or $1200, it always sucks to lose money on something you didn't intend it to be spent on.

Make the kid send the pets back to him so he can sell them and get his gold back. If kid refuses ground him from WoW forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Kid's happiness sounds good enough. You couldn't ever spend that much gold anyway.
    Kid needs to learn a lesson from this though, not be rewarded for stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Poor guy. The age of 6 is when most kids move on from being totally cute to sometimes extremely obnoxious and annoying. Wonder how the dad feels. Will he resent the kid? It's just a game I know, but I wouldn't put it past a guy to break up with the love of his life if he/she did something like this. Does he think "asshole!" whenever he looks at his kid? ><
    A few years of child abuse might do it

Deleted
    No amount of virtual money can come close to the feeling of making your child happy lol

Deleted
    Make the kid send the pets back to him so he can sell them and get his gold back.
    It is unlikely that this will be possible as the article says the child just bought the most expensive pets that appeared first, which would most likely be a bunch of 1 gold rabbits which people have put up for 200k.

chinese dude made 400k in 8 years ? is this a joke :P

Deleted
    Or you know, just don't have kids? :^)

Deleted
    He clearly didn't have a max level Shaman during Firelands. That was easy millions (yes millions).

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    No amount of virtual money can come close to the feeling of making your child happy lol
    At the same time though you need to teach children not to steal, which is what the child did here.

Reminds me of the story about a father who left their character select screen open and his daughter ran up to him saying she learned a new word on daddy's computer game. He gets to the screen and sees that she has deleted his toons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Spend it on something worthwhile and not just random things..
    then name one single thing in wow that's worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Well of course you need to explain to the kid that what he did was wrong and not allowed.
    Yeah, explain it, take away the pets he bought with his parent's gold, ground him from the game for a bit etc. Don't let him keep what he stole and make sure he learns a lesson from it. I don't think the kid should be struck or anything but can't let him keep the stolen goods if you want to teach him a lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast he has all the pets in game now
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    426k "8year life savings" lol

426k is nothing...
    You can do that in a month or so with some effort.
    People still try to sound cool about earning gold in WoW?

Pro-tip - most people don't sit in front of the AH or spend their lives farming just to see their gold tally increase. Some, presumably like this guy, just spend thriftily and see their gold increase slowly over the years. I do the same. I couldn't care less about trying to amass gold as quickly as possible. I think I'd hate the game if I did, in fact.

I'm at a couple million and I'd still be annoyed to lost 426k.

For everyone not reading the second article it was over 4 mil gold not 426k.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Poor guy. The age of 6 is when most kids move on from being totally cute to sometimes extremely obnoxious and annoying. Wonder how the dad feels. Will he resent the kid? It's just a game I know, but I wouldn't put it past a guy to break up with the love of his life if he/she did something like this. Does he think "asshole!" whenever he looks at his kid? ><
    I like to think that most parents are mature enough to not hate their kid whenever they do something stupid. They're kids, they don't know any better.

That being said, I'm also pretty sure most parents have called their kid a dumbass in their heads.

I have, not gonna lie.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.