10+ Year Old Account

Siege of Orgrimmar itemisation in 6.0

Malkorok Boots becomes crit/mastery
    Thok Ring becomes crit/mastery
    Shamans Ring becomes crit/mastery
    Shamans Belt becomes crit/mastery
    Siegecrafter Ring becomes crit/haste

In case you were interested in changing gear for the few weeks of mythic in 6.0!

Can check other items is needed, those are the ones i remember off the top of my head without logging back on

I got really bored, so I went through and made a full list of all str loot that dks can use. ( So no shields). These are only the changed pieces of course. There are tons of items that now have duplicate stats though they probably have different distributions of stats. Let me know if I missed any items that currently have hit, expertise, parry or dodge!

Immersius Bracers become haste/crit (previously hit/haste)
    Immersius bracers become crit/mastery (previously parry/dodge)
    Immersius boots become crit/mastery
    Immersius shoulders become crit/mastery
    Immersius 1h mace becomes crit/mastery
    Fallen Protectors belt becomes haste/crit
    Fallen Protectors gloves becomes crit/mastery
    Fallen Protectors ring becomes crit/hasted
    Norushen Helm becomes crit/mastery
    Norushen 1h sword becomes crit/mastery
    Sha of Pride boots becomes haste/crit
    Sha of pride neck becomes crit/bonus armor
    Galakras ring becomes mastery/bonus armor
    Galakras shoulders becomes crit/mastery
    Galakras bracers becomes crit/mastery
    Iron Jugg chest becomes crit/mastery
    Iron Jugg Bracers become haste/crit
    Iron Jugg neck becomes haste/mastery
    Shaman ring becomes crit/mastery ( previously hit/mastery)
    Shaman ring becomes crit/bonus armor (previously dodge/hit)
    Shaman 1h axe becomes haste/mastery
    Shaman belt becomes crit/mastery
    Nazgrim 2h mace becomes crit/mastery
    Malkorok boots becomes crit/mastery
    Malkorok 1h axe becomes crit/haste
    Malkorok bracers becomes crit/haste
    Spoils boots becomes crit/haste
    Spoils belt becomes crit/mastery
    Thok ring becomes crit/mastery
    Thok chest becomes crit/mastery
    Siegecrafter gloves become crit/mastery
    Siegecrafter neck becomes haste/bonus armor
    Siegecrafter ring becomes haste/crit
    Paragons 1h sword becomes haste/crit
    Garrosh helm becomes haste/crit
    Garrosh 1h sword becomes crit/mastery (BOA)

Tier:

Dps gloves become crit/mastery
    Dps shoulders become crit/mastery
    Tank shoulders become crit/mastery

Tank chest becomes crit/mastery
    Tank gloves become crit/mastery
    Tank helm becomes haste/crit
    Tank pants become haste/crit

Tank Legendary Cape: Haste/mastery/bonus armor

Those wanting to adapt to the new gear well should do so depending on their spec and here are some highlights and likely upgrades to current BIS lists. Note: i've not simmed these options nor is it really possible as classes will be changed heavily in 6.0. Based off current stat weights and priorities, these swaps are my recommendation.

DW Frost: Only major changes I can see is that the belt off of Dark Shaman becomes amazing and likely a direct upgrade to the current BIS belt. All your other items become crit/mastery and any kind of haste softcap can be achieved by reforging which AFAIK will still exist until WoD actually releases. If not, haste/mastery options do exist.

2h Frost and Unholy: Very similar to dw frost. Unholy, depending on sims, may be willing to dump the remainder of current tier for more powerful warforged offset items that contain crit/mastery.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2014-06-17 at 12:02 AM.

Having a heroic warforged belt from shaman, that change makes me happy. Thank you for all of this Nangz and Kaxxy for starting it.

No Multistrike items? Kind of weird.

At least all of my Hit/Expertise stuff appears to be picking up Crit if it didn't already have Crit. Very few pieces are changing significantly that I'd actively go for them that I wasn't already trying to get from farm (Malkorok boots primarily).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

At least all of my Hit/Expertise stuff appears to be picking up Crit if it didn't already have Crit. Very few pieces are changing significantly that I'd actively go for them that I wasn't already trying to get from farm (Malkorok boots primarily).
    I'd imagine MS is only on new pieces of gear. Or else maybe it just isn't coded in correctly yet.

We didn't have mastery at the prepatch to cata when arpen was removed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Sure but everyone still had a passive 8.00 Mastery level.

We also had Reforging introduced then, too. So you could reforge into quite a bit of Mastery.

Likewise I believe multistrike will have a baseline proc chance.

I wonder if the class changes will end up messing with the stat priority, maybe all this crit won't be as good for us anymore.

would be nice if they did a patch now to remove hit/exp and fix the items.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    I wonder if the class changes will end up messing with the stat priority, maybe all this crit won't be as good for us anymore.
    With the nerfs to AMS, perhaps we'll value haste a little more. But I think that with around 4-5k haste @ lvl90 we'll be fine, until we start leveling and therefore dropping on haste %, replacing the CDR trink, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    With the nerfs to AMS, perhaps we'll value haste a little more. But I think that with around 4-5k haste @ lvl90 we'll be fine, until we start leveling and therefore dropping on haste %, replacing the CDR trink, etc.
    Also lose the RP gain from horn, which is a bummer.

DW Frost: Only major changes I can see is that the belt off of Dark Shaman becomes amazing and likely a direct upgrade to the current BIS belt. All your other items become crit/mastery and any kind of haste softcap can be achieved by reforging which AFAIK will still exist until WoD actually releases. If not, haste/mastery options do exist.

2h Frost and Unholy: Very similar to dw frost. Unholy, depending on sims, may be willing to dump the remainder of current tier for more powerful warforged offset items that contain crit/mastery.
    patch notes suggest that reforging will be going away alongside the itemisation changes, and previously reforged items will be un-reforged.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

If an upgrade drops, we want you to be able to equip it with a minimum of fuss. It is for those reasons that we’re removing Reforging from the game.
    • The Reforging system and associated NPCs have been removed from the game.
    • All existing items that were reforged have been returned to their original un-reforged state.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Also lose the RP gain from horn, which is a bummer.

patch notes suggest that reforging will be going away alongside the itemisation changes, and previously reforged items will be un-reforged.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

If an upgrade drops, we want you to be able to equip it with a minimum of fuss. It is for those reasons that we’re removing Reforging from the game.
    • The Reforging system and associated NPCs have been removed from the game.
    • All existing items that were reforged have been returned to their original un-reforged state.
    The only fuss from reforging was Hit/exp caps, don't get why they would take it out now that they are gone.

that wasn't the only fuss.

hit/exp caps were their own problem. the thing they've always said was a problem was that people couldn't immediately equip gear as they needed time to prep the gear piece and reset their entire reforge (and possibly gems in some cases) whenever they got an upgrade.

Also Reforging is simply not needed in the new system...or a better way to put it is that blizzard doenst want it in the system. In the new system (especially without exp/hit)it really screws up how they can set up our gear and stats in relation to predicting what we can do with it if we have reforge. Better to allow stats to remain static under the new expansions system.

The problems that could happen with letting us have reforge, are more than letting it stay in. Or rather the amount of trouble it would make for them each time they need to plan stats and gear for content updates is not worth the amount of focus it will take away from other things they could work on during the expansion.

Not really missing items from siege, but Ordos items might be a useful reference.

I got really bored, so I went through and made a full list of all str loot that dks can use. ( So no shields). These are only the changed pieces of course. There are tons of items that now have duplicate stats though they probably have different distributions of stats. Let me know if I missed any items that currently have hit, expertise, parry or dodge!
    Sha boots have Hit/Crit though you said they are going haste/mastery.

Just to update your list, the ring from Protectors (Hit/Crit) became Haste/Crit.

fixed both sha boots (typo) and fallen prot ring (missed it!)

Quote Originally Posted by chibichibiko View Post
    Not really missing items from siege, but Ordos items might be a useful reference.
    SLOT #secondary1/#secondary2 (name to identify which piece it is)

Ordos Bracers: 25Crit/36Haste (Vanguards)
    Ordos Bracers: 33Crit/31Mastery (Ordosian)
    Ordos Belt: 33Crit/43Haste (Renmar's)
    Ordos Belt: 35Crit/42Mastery (Crendor)
    Ordos Shoulder: 30Crit/32Mastery (Starry)
    Ordos Shoulder: 41Haste/36Mastery (Rossi's)
    Ordos Neck: 25Crit/37BonusArmor (Bladeforger)
    Ordos Neck: 30Crit/34Mastery (Anafielle)
    Ordos Legs: 49Haste/53Mastery (Partik's)
    Ordos Legs: 49Crit/53Mastery (Magmaplates)
    Ordos Helm: 50Haste/52Mastery (Magdalena)
    Ordos Helm: 50Crit/52Mastery (Dominik)
    Ordos Chest: 52Mastery/50Haste (Omegal's)
    Ordos Chest: 58Crit/40Mastery (Hoodrych)

All of the above have the same distribution of strength and stamina.

You can find the list here.
    http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=72057#drops:0+9+16-17+1