Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mage and Monk Mythic Tier 17, June 13 Hotfixes, US Connected Realms, Blue Tweets

Jaetch's Torrent Time Bomb Wizard, Blue Posts, WD's Grim Reaper Tips, Legendary Gem Suggestions

DreamHack Summer This Weekend - Schedule & Participants, Preparing for Naxxramas With Jotto

Skin Spotlight: Magni Muradin

Warlords of Draenor - Mage and Monk Tier 17 Armor Sets
    The latest alpha build added the Mythic version of the Mage and Monk Tier 17 Armor sets.

Warlords of Draenor changes things up slightly by using one set of art for Raid Finder, one set of art for Normal and Heroic, and one set of art for Mythic difficulty. You can find the Raid Finder armor sets in our Raid Finder armor sets preview.

Bloody Coin Hotfix Clarifications
    Recently, several changes have been made to how Bloody Coins are acquired. Lore provided some more information on the changes recently.
    Originally Posted by Lore
    "more atractive" reads higher rate of acquiring them or chance to gain on HK as well as KB? And could you share the actual chances?
    Previously, there was a 10 second ICD on getting a coin from a killing blow. That's been reduced significantly.
    You'll only hit the ICD now if you're up to some serious exploit-y shenanigans. (Source)
    But will there be any chance of getting one on a HK? Healers would like to get coins too you know
    Spoke with dev: not technically feasible atm. Opens up a ton of potential exploits (ie: AFK farming coins)
    Would have to significantly rework the entire Bloody Coin mechanic to avoid those issues.
    BUT: We recognize that healers got the short end here, and it's a lesson learned for the future.
    So....besides Ashran then, any hope for us getting those coin rewards then short of pew pew?
    Not for Bloody Coins, unfortunately. But we'll do better in future mechanics. (Source)

Patch 5.4.8 Hotfixes - June 13
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Items
    • Censer of Eternal Agony now has a cooldown of 1 hour when used (up from 10 minutes).
    • Fire-Watcher's Oath now has a cooldown of 10 minutes (down from 1 hour) and costs 100 Timeless Coins to purchase (costs 50 Bloody Coins previously). The Ordon Fire-Watcher transformation now allows mount usage and Druid shapeshifting and significantly reduced the internal cooldown on earning Bloody Coins.

Timeless Isle
    • Non-rare creatures and NPCs on lower areas of Timeless Isle should now respawn more frequently.

US Connected Realms - Update 6/13
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As previously announced, we’ve been working toward connecting realms to increase the number of players on low-population realms, and since then have completed several connections. As a part of our ongoing communication, we wanted to provide you with an update that contains a list of completed realm connections, currently planned connections, and any additional future plans in one convenient location.

*Please note this list does not encompass all potential future connections. Please check back for further updates.

Future Connections
    We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, June 19 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

• Blackwater Raiders and Shadow Council
    • Grizzly Hills and Lothar
    • Tanaris and Greymane

We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, June 26 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

• Alterac Mountains and Balnazzar, Gorgonnash, The Forgotten Coast,and Warsong
    • Gnomeregan and Moonrunner

We do not have a date for the following realm connections, but will update this post when we do.

• Doomhammer and Baelgun
    • The Scryers and Argent Dawn

*Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections here as we can. Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Does resolve have reduced gains when tanking multiple targets? Or is that done since it isn't cheesing DPS?
    Currently, yes. (Celestalon)

Any chance you could allow potions to not break stealth so it is easier to pre-pot and get an opener?
    Yes. (Celestalon)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Without Heart Strike, what's going to make Blood DKs attacks different from Unholy in WoD?
    I don't really understand. They have hardly any overlap at all. (Celestalon)
    Aside from the passive fx of blood, using Pest and Death Strike, and filling with Death Coil doesn't really seem dif from UH
    Death Coil is similar. Pestilence is shared but used in completely different ways. Everything else is completely different. (Celestalon)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Do Aimed Shot MultiStrikes benefit from Careful Aim? Is this behavior consistent with similar circumstances?
    Yes. Yes. (Celestalon)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    any chance that you combine recuperate n slice into a single spell to facilitate use rogue finishmoves, giving us a bit of surv
    It's a good choice that you have to make between offense and defense. (holinka)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    are you taking out the warlock green fire quest in 6.0?
    Nope. (WatcherDev)
    And you get a Feat of Strength in 6.0 for having completed it before then?
    Before Draenor unlocks, yes. (WatcherDev)

Art
    With Garrosh gone, why are most of Horde buildings still following this horrendous "Ten thousand iron spike" idea?
    Garrosh didn't invent spikes, WC3 orc farm was spiky before it was cool. (Muffinus)
    But, not iron buildings, steel spikes, dried molten rooftops.. It was made with tents, wooden spikes... Tribal - not metallic.
    Consider it the industrial revolution for the horde (Muffinus)

Warlords of Draenor Stats
    Is Versatility not the best stat for fistweavers?
    Not the best healing throughput stat; it doesn't double-dip. (Celestalon)

(1/2) If an ability critically hits and procs MS, does MS do 30% of crit or 30% of normal hit dmg. Seems that crit is the only
    The damage (including crit or not) of the initial hit has no impact of the damage of the multistrike hit. Separate damage roll (Celestalon)

How will haste effect our GCDs in WoD? With OP gone our quick filler at 1 sec will make us feel clunky =/
    Haste reduces your GCD. (Celestalon)

PvE
    what gets me is, JP acquisition is TOO LOW pre nerf, wtf?
    When is the last time either of you direct-queued (NOT random) for a Normal mode scenario? (WatcherDev)

when i tried grinding JP for heirlooms, I gave up quickly because of high costs, and low JP rates.
    How long ago was that? Nowadays you get 100 JP per individual dungeon boss. (WatcherDev)

is it me or doesn't the tentacle showing up mean its part of the old gods
    The Twilight's Hammer cultists are deeply connected to the Old Gods, and they're the ones who occupy BFD. (WatcherDev)

Will revamped BFD/RFD/RFK have level 100 H/CM versions, or just their existing low-level ones?
    Low-level only; just showing some love to a few dungeons that felt a bit dated. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    With all the requests for skirmishes through the years you all better play the ever loving crap out of them now that they're in game. (holinka)

Thought you guys were looking to improve PvP participation. Making the sets identical feels really lazy.
    I love how people throw the word "lazy" around without any insight into how hard people are working. (holinka)

are we really going back to where the PvP gear is the same exact model as the PvE gear in WoD? If so why?
    Armor sets have lost a lot of aspirational value at the high end. We want higher tier content to reward cooler looking gear. (holinka)
    So to clarify the tier 17 armor sets are also the season 16 PvP armor sets?
    Yes, but Mythic looks better than Normal/Heroic and Elite looks better than normal conquest. Also, it's Warlords Season 1. (holinka)

Any plan to add some missing old school pvp stuff? (first cata set, boot belt bracers,LK pvp and MoP weapon)?thx for answr
    We'd like to, just a lot of other work that feels more important. (holinka)

.since it's been a bit over a week, any news on how the free faction changed has been working so far?
    My understanding is that there hasn't been any significant problems with the process. (holinka)

So because Mythic difficulty gets different models, PvP gets gimped with re-used PvE models now? Come on
    By your logic, you could say because Elite gear gets different models, PvE gets gimped with re-used PvP models. (holinka)
    PvP is not getting the short end of the stick. Higher skill/commitment is being further rewarded in PvP & PvE. (holinka)
    Mythic difficulty AND Elite PvP gear gets different models. This is a really strange attitude you're coming from (holinka)
    I would rather see PvP get different models and Elite get a recolor of those models instead of PvE>PvP recolor.
    that's what we have now and it's underwhelming. (holinka)
    Better rewards for top players is awesome and i applaud it, but recolored PvE sets for 95%> of all PvPers is also underwhelming.
    Calling them "recolored PvE sets" is a huge mis-characterization. (holinka)
    I feel like this could use some clarification. Mythic and elite pvp use same model/different color or no?
    different color (holinka)

is Ashran playable in the alpha yet? If not will you let us know when it is? WTB Ashran blog!!!
    It isn't ready for public testing yet...but we're about to do our largest internal test to date. Does that help? (holinka)

I mean, do you plan to squish the entire thing more if necessary ?
    We wanted to shrink base resilience down to 0% which meant inflating health pools more than originally expected. (holinka)

Is pvp power necessary with different pvp and pve ilvls?
    Nope (holinka)

Reputation / Questing
    Ah I still have so much to explore in Frostfire. Hit 92, think 4/6 story done, but so many things to still hunt down!
    Exploratory gaming is huge for us this round, hope you're finding it fun! We're not nearly done though >=] (Muffinus)

when my pet kills a mob on its own, I don't get loot.. will this ever be changed? really annoying when soloing old stuff
    Unlikely to change that; it'd expose exploits. (Celestalon)
    is that the same reason it happens with other "non active" sources; lightning shield, etc?
    Yes. Damage that you can do with no input should not count for loot rights. Prevents afk farming. (Celestalon)

World
    Yes there are rare spawns, lots of them, more than ever before! (Muffinus)
    If they are common, can they be rare?
    Levelup rares are meant to be encountered, endgame are more rare. (Muffinus)
    Currently in alpha once a rare is killed its respawn isnt rare to that character anymore. Is this what you meant by "encountered"?
    Yep! You always get the reward the first time, no need to farm it for loot/XP (plenty others to hunt), visually represented. (Muffinus)
    A lot of the alpha rares need their "no-tap" flag set, they should all operate like Timeless Isle rares. (Muffinus)

Costumes Update
    Blizzard has updated the costume gallery with Warcraft-themed costumes featuring the creations of Caitlyn Culpepper.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-06-15 at 07:55 PM.

Monk mythic set still looks like its flippin me off from the side. At least this set doesn't.

how do they not realize that they're literally making an Unholy tanking spec minus the pet?

Weirdly enough I like the regular Mage tier more than the mythic one.

Side note: Rule 63 Varian is pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fyi , the Hearthpwn link is pointing to Heroes Nexus instead of HearthPwn.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Monk mythic set still looks like its flippin me off from the side.
    Ha, it does too! Now that's all I'll see.
    I like the Monk mythic hat. The Mage set looks like some sci-fi traffic controller set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Those costumes are incredible! Both tiers and BlizzCon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    Weirdly enough I like the regular Mage tier more than the mythic one.

Side note: Rule 63 Varian is pretty awesome.
    I like both regular sets, that monk jade colour is so vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroluthor View Post
    how do they not realize that they're literally making an Unholy tanking spec minus the pet?
    "Death Coil is similar. Pestilence is shared but used in completely different ways. Everything else is completely different." Well thats their answer. I have to agree with you though. Unless they change their minds pre expansion, it looks like they took out too many of bloods core abilities that gave the spec its uniqueness and what differentiated it from the other 2 specs (mainly unholy) :/

Quote Originally Posted by Some Vanilla Player View Post
    "Death Coil is similar. Pestilence is shared but used in completely different ways. Everything else is completely different." Well thats their answer. I have to agree with you though. Unless they change their minds pre expansion, it looks like they took out too many of bloods core abilities that gave the spec its uniqueness and what differentiated it from the other 2 specs (mainly unholy) :/
    it's literally gonna be death strike, death strike, death strike, Death Coil, Death Coil....oh look some mobs pestilence, pestilence, repeat maybe throw down a DND
    to be honest my favorite Blood play style was Cata because there was actual threat involved

Rune Strike had utility because it was a high aggro move, you could use it to pull an add off the dps with a single swing, in MoP it only damaged and triggered your level 75 talent
    that change right there ruined Blood DK for me and now they're getting rtid of even more things that add to the playstyle that I used to love
    Last edited by Ceroluthor; 2014-06-15 at 03:37 PM.

so 10 year into the game, they just now learned that healers + kb requirement = bad?

so sick of hearing their same excuses every expansion. they learned that CC was out of control in wotlk too and now here we are going into wod and they're saying the same shit
    they learned that dispels were too powerful in bc in season 1 and here we are in mop where they learned dispels were too powerful

they don't learn shit, that's why the game is more refined but less fun than ever (unless losing 5,000,000 customers screams fun to you)

Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    so 10 year into the game, they just now learned that healers + kb requirement = bad?

so sick of hearing their same excuses every expansion. they learned that CC was out of control in wotlk too and now here we are going into wod and they're saying the same shit
    they learned that dispels were too powerful in bc in season 1 and here we are in mop where they learned dispels were too powerful
    Dispels in MoP really aren't that crazy unless you have a lot of healers and little to no dispel protection.

Nailed it on the CC though, they've been so wishy-washy on CC it's ridiculous. One minute they say there is too much CC, the next they say CC is good because it takes skill! Well yes but it doesn't take much skill when every class has at least 4 forms of CC at their disposal mostly on different dr timers and most of them are either instant cast or if not then they are spammable. CC has gotten progressively more out of control and MoP took it to completely new heights because of the talent changes.

Not sure I get the monk set. "I am too good so I'm going to don this extremely awkward and obvious ceremonial outfit that sucks to fight in."? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    the two blonde elves in the costume section at the bottom look like they're one casting couch away from making out

Monk Mythic set channeling its inner Snake Man?

Tail off the back of the helm. ^_^
    Last edited by Xcruiser; 2014-06-15 at 04:23 PM.

i wish the rock arms were that big on the ladies...they're tiny gloves for them :\

Seems like the new guy Holinka is kinda a dink? Always being short and to the point with most everyone and not really being "PR"ish at all. I get the point to some things, but most are very rude these days. That being said I'm not sure how he thinks PvE and PvP getting the same models just different colors isn't "lazy" or "poor" design.

Blizzard artists always go for the linebacker shoulder pads for every set. Can't they take more creative freedom with the sets or does it always have to be the same boring shit?

Maybe they could hire someone with a background in fashion to step things up?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-06-15 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxz View Post
    Seems like the new guy Holinka is kinda a dink? Always being short and to the point with most everyone and not really being "PR"ish at all. I get the point to some things, but most are very rude these days.
    Glad it wasn't just me that thought that.

I don't like the monk set. Looks like they forgot leg day.