Deleted

RaF few questions

Hello there !

I'm going to level 2 new characters, and I want to know what the best/fastest way to do this. So I first thought to :
    - RaF two characters to 80, maybe 85 ? one on my main account and one on another
    - Level one character to 40, and give it the last 40 levels with the 80 character from the second account

But I saw that the new Recruit-a-Friend system goes to 85, so how about the giving level works now ? Can I level my character to 42 and boost it to 84 ? Will I be able to give levels to my character since it's not the character I leveled with ?

I failed to find a guide about this, neither here nor anywhere else. I'm not even sure that "self-RaFing" is tolerated by Blizzard. Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    Hello there !

I'm going to level 2 new characters, and I want to know what the best/fastest way to do this. So I first thought to :
    - RaF two characters to 80, maybe 85 ? one on my main account and one on another
    - Level one character to 40, and give it the last 40 levels with the 80 character from the second account

But I saw that the new Recruit-a-Friend system goes to 85, so how about the giving level works now ? Can I level my character to 42 and boost it to 84 ? Will I be able to give levels to my character since it's not the character I leveled with ?

I failed to find a guide about this, neither here nor anywhere else. I'm not even sure that "self-RaFing" is tolerated by Blizzard. Thanks in advance
    I have used 'self RAFing' a ton. The easiest way to do it is actually have 3 total accounts; your primary account recruits account A, and then account A recruits account B. You roll 2 toons, and it will help later if the toon on account B has good aoe at 80, on each of A and B and just dungeon grind them using your primary account. You can get them to 80 in very little time this way. Probably a single day if you are on for most of the day. At this point you need to roll a toon you want to actually have on your main account and then a partner on account A. You use the 80 from account B to dungeon grind those guys up to 41. Then you grant from B to A to your primary. Repeat for as many toons as you want on your primary account. In addition every 2 times you go through this you end up being able to grant a single toon on your primary up to 80 from 1.

I have not done this since they changed the RAF to 85...I would assume you can just do the same but change the 2nd end point from 41 to 43.

Deleted
    I see.

But if I am right I will have to buy 2 battlechests to do this ? I will be losing some time to grind the first character to level ~40 on my main account but I will save half of my bucks.

Thanks for your help !

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea you will have to get 2 but to me 20 bucks was worth it rather than having to grind it out the hard way. The 300% xp boost only works if the toons are within 5 levels of each other. So you can't really take advantage of that it you are just grinding 1 toon on the 2nd account on your 90.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2014-06-16 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I have used 'self RAFing' a ton. The easiest way to do it is actually have 3 total accounts; your primary account recruits account A, and then account A recruits account B. You roll 2 toons, and it will help later if the toon on account B has good aoe at 80, on each of A and B and just dungeon grind them using your primary account. You can get them to 80 in very little time this way. Probably a single day if you are on for most of the day. At this point you need to roll a toon you want to actually have on your main account and then a partner on account A. You use the 80 from account B to dungeon grind those guys up to 41. Then you grant from B to A to your primary. Repeat for as many toons as you want on your primary account. In addition every 2 times you go through this you end up being able to grant a single toon on your primary up to 80 from 1.

I have not done this since they changed the RAF to 85...I would assume you can just do the same but change the 2nd end point from 41 to 43.
    I did something similar to this.. I got a friend to boost me through dungeons on 2 accounts. After 2 full runs to 85, I got another character to 3 and ~90%, then instantly boosted him to 85, again with roughly 90% exp. Getting your recruited account to 85 first will allow you to boost your main character to 85 from 84. Meaning you can skip most of that level.

Is it still worth it with character boosts available nowadays?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piando View Post
    Is it still worth it with character boosts available nowadays?
    60 bucks vs 20 bucks and some effort. Your call. Time is money friend.

RAF also has other perks like mounts and battle pets you can't really get any other way.

Deleted
    @Chuupag: yeah but there is no promotion at the moment, so that will cost 40 buck (30€ in my case). I will go with the one boost then, that's a good compromise.

@Mehman : thanks for the tips, that's exactly what I was looking for. Since I'm only going to give 42 levels, if I'm right I will have to grind my first character to 43 (+99%) then give him 42 levels.