Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    orc blademaster. old school bare chested samurai.
    Go play WarCraft 3. The Orc Blademaster's voice acting even has a small japanese accent. He has a sword that resembles a katana a great deal. He wears wooden sandals just like the Japanese in medieval times. His hair style also looks a lot to some old japanese hairstyles. The hip-armor looks like the hip plates on samurai armor. The way he carries his banner is very reminiscing of the samurai from Medieval times. Him being bare chested means nothing.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2014-06-20 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Bestowal is a synonym of gift.
    so? my point still stand

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg where did this go do? old god magic?! LOCK THIS THREAD ALREADY PLEASE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Headcanon.

Show me where Old God magic is a theme used by any class. Let me remind you:
    Again, I already did. Old God magic is shadow-based psionic magic. Shadow Priests already cover that. If you seek to create a class themed around that type of shadow magic, you automatically clash with Shadow Priests.

And no, I'm not talking about one or two abilities. The entire Shadow Priest spec is themed that way. They have several psionic-based abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    so? my point still stand
    No it doesn't. Ysera's Gift indicates that Ysera bestowed her power upon the Druid class. That interpretation is backed by lore since Druids have an affinity towards the Green Dragonflight.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, the Iron Horde continues to impress me with their technology;

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/june/new-LoadScreenBlackrockTrainDepot.jpg

Technology continues to be the only widespread Warcraft thematic that is absent from the class lineup.

Again, I already did. Old God magic is shadow-based psionic magic.
    No, you didn't. You claim that, but yet you show no proof of that other than your theories.

No it doesn't. Ysera's Gift indicates that Ysera bestowed her power upon the Druid class. That interpretation is backed by lore since Druids have an affinity towards the Green Dragonflight.
    It's not backed by anything. It's simply a name given to a spell, a homage to the dragon who watches over the Emerald Dream alongside the druids. There is nothing in the lore to suggest it was an actual gift from Ysera other than a spell name very likely given as homage. You claim a lot of theories as facts, Teriz.

Technology continues to be the only widespread Warcraft thematic that is absent from the class lineup.
    And it'll very likely remain 'missing' since technology is already available to players in the form of two professions in the game.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2014-06-21 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    If i want to play a bard, i rather play another game. The idea doesnt fit this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, you didn't. You claim that, but yet you show no proof of that other than your theories.
    The faceless ones use that type of Shadow magic quite extensively, as do Twilight Cultists. Finally, Old Gods manipulate and control the minds of others, just like Shadow Priests.

It's not backed by anything. It's simply a name given to a spell, a homage to the dragon who watches over the Emerald Dream alongside the druids. There is nothing in the lore to suggest it was an actual gift from Ysera other than a spell name very likely given as homage. You claim a lot of theories as facts, Teriz.
    A gift is not homage. A gift is something given to you by someone or something.

And it'll very likely remain 'missing' since technology is already available to players in the form of two professions in the game.
    A profession doesn't provide the same gameplay experience as a class.

As a side note, the Iron Horde continues to impress me with their technology;

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...TrainDepot.jpg

Well I guess the mods don't want to deal with you so I will STOP TRYING TO DERAIL THE FUCKING THREAD IN TO A TINKER THREAD THE THREAD IS ABOUT BARDS!

on topic, I don't think bard would fit well in to wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondjim View Post
    Well I guess the mods don't want to deal with you so I will STOP TRYING TO DERAIL THE FUCKING THREAD IN TO A TINKER THREAD THE THREAD IS ABOUT BARDS!

on topic, I don't think bard would fit well in to wow.
    The topic is the next class. If we don't think its the Bard, then the next logical step for the conversation is "What's the next class?"

The topic is the next class. If we don't think its the Bard, then the next logical step for the conversation is "What's the next class?"
    wrong. it says "The Bard will be the next class in WoW. Here's why..." not "What's the next class?"

The faceless ones use that type of Shadow magic quite extensively, as do Twilight Cultists. Finally, Old Gods manipulate and control the minds of others, just like Shadow Priests.
    And yet that means nothing. Dwarves came from the elemental plane of Earth, yet they can cast shadow magic just fine. It means nothing. Warlocks can also manipulate the minds of others by instilling great fear in them.

A gift is not homage. A gift is something given to you by someone or something.
    Yet we don't know it's a real gift, do we? It is just a name. A homage. Nowhere in the lore, be it in-game or in the novels, say anything about Ysera bestowing such gifts to the druids. Actually, I don't think the dragons ever bestowed any special gifts to any mortal, other than making the Dragon Soul. Also, again, Kil'jaeden's Cunning does not mean the warlocks actually acquired Kil'jaeden's cunning and now think just like the aforementioned demon.

A profession doesn't provide the same gameplay experience as a class.
    Yet it's what we got. Be happy with it, or you can go play other games that have tech classes. Your choice, really.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the topic is 'next class will be the bard'. If the majority agrees it's not going to be the bard, then thread over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Can we maybe stop with these 'next class/next hero class' threads? No one wants to see anything new added until the other 11 classes in the game are in a good place.
    The classes in WoW will NEVER be in a good place. Blizzard radically redesigns them every expansion then spends the rest of the expansion balancing them until the next redesign. It's not an excuse for no new classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet that means nothing. Dwarves came from the elemental plane of Earth, yet they can cast shadow magic just fine. It means nothing. Warlocks can also manipulate the minds of others by instilling great fear in them.
    Because Dwarves are a player race.

Warlocks can instill fear because Shadow magic is part of demonic magic. However, their ability to control and manipulate minds is no where near as extensive as the Shadow Priest's.

Yet we don't know it's a real gift, do we?
    If it says Ysera's Gift, its pretty safe to assume that its a real gift.

Also, again, Kil'jaeden's Cunning does not mean the warlocks actually acquired Kil'jaeden's cunning and now think just like the aforementioned demon.
    Because the ability is called Kil'jaeden's Cunning, not Kil'jaeden's gift. If it were, you might have a point here.

Yet it's what we got. Be happy with it, or you can go play other games that have tech classes. Your choice, really.
    I do play other games with tech classes. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to point out that technology is the only major theme in the Warcraft universe lacking a class, and that its one of (if not the) strongest contender for the theme of the next WoW class.

- - - Updated - - -

wrong. it says "The Bard will be the next class in WoW. Here's why..." not "What's the next class?"
    And again, the thread is about future classes in WoW. If you disagree that Bard is the next class, then you're free to state what you think the next class is.

Also hypocrite much? We've discussed Demon Hunters and Dragonsworn far more than Tinkers in this thread, yet your issue is with my mentioning of Tinkers? Okay.....

Not if you only read some of the words make some others up completely and use them to support what you want the thread to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Not if you only read some of the words make some others up completely and use them to support what you want the thread to be about.
    Yea I blame his derailment on lazy mods.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the topic is 'next class will be the bard'. If the majority agrees it's not going to be the bard, then thread over.

That is what I was thinking

Because Dwarves are a player race.
    Which means nothing. What was your point?

If it says Ysera's Gift, its pretty safe to assume that its a real gift.
    And if it says 'Kil'jaeden's Cunning', is it pretty safe to assume it's actually Kil'jaeden's cunning? It's a name, given as a homage. There is no proof it's an actual boon bestowed on them.

Because the ability is called Kil'jaeden's Cunning, not Kil'jaeden's gift. If it were, you might have a point here.
    Except I never mentioned Kil'jaeden actually giving his cunning to the Warlocks, did I? I just mentioned that the warlocks now possess Kil'jaeden's cunning, thanks to the talent's name. But we know the warlocks don't actually have the archdemon's cunning, right? It is just a name given to the talent, just like the aforementioned druid talent.

its one of (if not the) strongest contender for the theme of the next WoW class.
    Opinion, nothing more.

And again, the thread is about future classes in WoW.
    Again, you are wrong. This thread is about the bard and its possibility of being a class in WoW. It is not a thread about any other class.

And again, the thread is about future classes in WoW. If you disagree that Bard is the next class, then you're free to state what you think the next class is.
    Do you lack reading comprehension? The thread clearing says bards are the next class not what the next class is. If you disagree with bards are the next class I guess the thread is over

Also hypocrite much? We've discussed Demon Hunters and Dragonsworn far more than Tinkers in this thread, yet your issue is with my mentioning of Tinkers? Okay....
    You have a habit of derailing threads in to your tinker bullshit. Since the thread got moved off topic from bards to everything else it should be locked. Also I wonder how you freely derail and troll threads with the mods doing nothing to you not sure if it biases is mods or lazy mods

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you are wrong. This thread is about the bard and its possibility of being a class in WoW. It is not a thread about any other class.
    Right! I am shocked that his antics are ignored

Again, I already did. Old God magic is shadow-based psionic magic. Shadow Priests already cover that. If you seek to create a class themed around that type of shadow magic, you automatically clash with Shadow Priests.
    So a class themed on deriving powers from the Old Gods would immediately be compared to Psionics-using Shadow Priests? So Garrosh is a Shadow Priest now? Deathwing and Azshara are also using Shadow Priest magic? That's a pretty big logical leap considering there is no relative lore behind anything you've said.

Shadow Priests are not tied to Old God themes. No current class is. All you're doing is making a point that a certain theme has elements similar to what already exists, which would be like saying we can't have Martial Arts because Rogues have Kick, and Martial Artists also kick.

It should be pretty clear that having abilities that attack the psyche isn't the same as Old God powers. The Curse of Flesh and form-change such as the Garrosh and Deathwing's final form are just hints at the powers they hold.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2014-06-21 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    So a class themed on deriving powers from the Old Gods would immediately be compared to Psionics-using Shadow Priests? So Garrosh is a Shadow Priest now? Deathwing and Azshara are also using Shadow Priest magic? That's a pretty big logical leap considering there is no relative lore behind anything you've said.

Shadow Priests are not tied to Old God themes. No current class is. All you're doing is making a point that a certain theme has elements similar to what already exists, which would be like saying we can't have Martial Arts because Rogues have Kick, and Martial Artists also kick.

It should be pretty clear that having abilities that attack the psyche isn't the same as Old God powers. The Curse of Flesh and form-change such as the Garrosh and Deathwing's final form are just hints at the powers they hold.
    Yeah, if fire mages and destro locks can exist in the same game I don't see why shadow priests and an old god class couldn't. Granted I don't want an old god class but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which means nothing. What was your point?
    That characters associated with Old Gods use shadow magic similar to Shadow Priests. What was yours?

And if it says 'Kil'jaeden's Cunning', is it pretty safe to assume it's actually Kil'jaeden's cunning? It's a name, given as a homage. There is no proof it's an actual boon bestowed on them.
    It simply means that moving while casting is being cunning like Kil'jaeden. Ysera's Gift means that Ysera bestowed this gift of healing upon you.

It's really not that hard chief.

Except I never mentioned Kil'jaeden actually giving his cunning to the Warlocks, did I? I just mentioned that the warlocks now possess Kil'jaeden's cunning, thanks to the talent's name. But we know the warlocks don't actually have the archdemon's cunning, right? It is just a name given to the talent, just like the aforementioned druid talent.
    See above.

Opinion, nothing more.
    An opinion backed by evidence. I wish you would do the same with your opinions.

Interesting since you didn't seem to mind the thread derailment when we were talking about Demon Hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Yeah, if fire mages and destro locks can exist in the same game I don't see why shadow priests and an old god class couldn't. Granted I don't want an old god class but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done.
    Warlocks and Mages can co-exist because one is demonic magic and the other is arcane/fire/frost magic. The only point of convergence for those two classes is destruction and fire, and even that is different on the core level, since Destruction is fire magic laced with shadow magic, and Fire is magic laced with Arcane and Frost.

We also have examples of both types of magic from WC3 to pull from, so its not that difficult to derive two different classes. All the magic we've seen from the Old Gods is simple variations of Shadow and Arcane magic. Well covered by existing spellcasters.