Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember unholy dk pvp in wrath which was a ton of fun. Then necrotic strike came. God do I hate necrotic strike both when I played DK and having fought against it. It just provides so much pressure which was realistically so easy to apply as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Just wanted to bump up this thread from months ago to point out how stupid the DK community can be. I can't believe that after three expansions of DK hate that anyone believe for a second that there would be any thought put into the removal of necrotic strike and then having the rest of our toolkit changed in some way to compensate. I mean, unholy is just not even in consideration for PvP right now, and when the oblit nerfs come in where will DKs be?
    I'm still playing unholy and I'm 2500. QQ more, unholy is perfectly viable in prepatch and beta, L2P issue.

Terrible reason to necro this too rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    I'm still playing unholy and I'm 2500. QQ more, unholy is perfectly viable in prepatch and beta, L2P issue.

Terrible reason to necro this too rofl
    I was unaware that arena was in full swing! Good to know that unholy is perfectly fine in this current season and there is so much for unholy to do now that their diseases are a joke, the pet is a joke and the strikes are a joke. Must be nice to be one of the 5 DKs in the world that play above 2200, you have super nice friends that don't mind they would be better off with pretty much anything but you, you must be a super standup guy!

QQ more, unholy is perfectly viable in prepatch and beta
    Cry more. Unholy works better with caster cleaves like shadow cleave, zombie chicken, unholyplay, Frost works better in melee cleaves like TSG, PHDK, ebola

Unholy is fine and will be fine. Move along now.

Deleted
    I also play Unholy and feel rather fine tbh...

Cry more. Unholy works better with caster cleaves like shadow cleave, zombie chicken, unholyplay, Frost works better in melee cleaves like TSG, PHDK, ebola

Unholy is fine and will be fine. Move along now.
    This, unholy feels amazing honestly. Unholy in arena is not a zerging class, you will spread diseases and make switches. Necrotic strike removal was great and allowed for our abilities to do damage. And the pet doesn't do as much as damage, but that's okay! The damage was put inside our strikes/diseases, that we can easily get more out of now. The pet should be honestly used for stun, spread damage, we are not hunters.
    Last edited by Zarios; 2014-10-28 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    This, unholy feels amazing honestly. Unholy in arena is not a zerging class, you will spread diseases and make switches. Necrotic strike removal was great and allowed for our abilities to do damage. And the pet doesn't do as much as damage, but that's okay! The damage was put inside our strikes/diseases they we can easily get more out of now. The pet should be honestly used for stun, spread damage, we are not hunters.
    Someone who actually gets it, I think I'm in love with you <3

Deleted
    I hated Necrotic Strike a lot and I am so happy it's gone. Unholy will still be strong.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2014-10-28 at 04:37 PM.

I still think they should have added the heal absorb shield to Plague Strike for Unholy only. That would have been a neat solution.

Deleted
    Why? It would hurt our dmg elsewhere and PS is good as it is now.

Unholy honestly feels EXTREMELY powerful right now. Damage vs plate/mail is fine, and leather/cloth get absolutely wrecked. Necrotic was a terrible mechanic to balance around; I'm happy it's gone.

Not sure what people are complaining about. Have you guys even tried your dk since the patch?

Deleted
    We don't need heal absorption. Necrotic Strike itself was bandaid, as Unholy lacked pressure due to the unavailability of burst, somewhere early-mid Cataclysm as I recall. They couldn't add burst, however, because this would break it elsewhere, especially in PvE, where sustained damage with lots of buildup is less of an issue (not "no issue").

In WoD the PvP situation does not require a class to be bursty to be considered viable, so building Unholy around it's toolkit and removing NS makes perfect sense. Now we have a choice most classes don't have: Do we play zerg comps (Frost) or something with DoTs (Unholy)? I think it's a gain. Susceptibility to burst outside of cooldowns and blanket silences were our biggest weaknesses anyway, and both got improved by the nerfs other classes got so drastically that DK is in an extremely good place.

And, on a sidenote, most healers (disc is an exception right now) have it hard enough to keep people alive as it is, NS would just screw them over even further. We have more than enough ways to shut them down with their lowered amount of instant cast healing.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I know what the heck I'm talking about regarding PvP. I totally don't.

I just thought that adding the heal absorb to Plague Strike for Unholy only would have been a neat solution to the problem. It eliminates the keybind, which was the original goal, and still allows the player to choose between damage (Scourge Strike) and pressure that pierces shields (Plague Strike).

I said it would be ok as a set bonus on pvp gear. But something very small say

4P-whenever you scourge strike, festering strike, plague strike, and soul reaper, 20% of the damage done is put as a healing absorb on the target

But I'm not losing sleep over it.

Speaking from a Blood DK Tank's perspective (that mostly played PvE)

I miss Necrotic strike for the fact that sometime around ToT, depending on AP, it actually gave me an option to use it because it was a higher single target damage ability than any of my other options. Thok, Durumu, are two bosses I can think of that made small use of the ability too.

Transitioning out of PvE to the very rare and random times I'd step foot in PvP, it gave me a tiny bit of usefulness other than being an annoying target since I was hard as hell to kill, but hit like a limp wet noodle.

In the end, the patch just makes me miss the fact I had a large toolkit. For the moment, I can't complain my dps went down. It's not that I'm squishier. I just feel like, I lost some fun to have tools.

I don't miss a damn thing about Necrotic. Being balanced around that ability is similar to the Paladin's curse of being balanced around bubble. I'd like our mobility to be addressed, but aside from that, give us the damage and CC and we'll figure out how to be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Next expansion and WoW is being changed into Diablo 3 ..
    I really do agree with this.

Why didn't they just bake the debuff into SS and OB? It would be just like a warrior's mortal strike.

Someone who actually gets it, I think I'm in love with you <3
    Holy shit, hi Challenge.

heyy

I really do agree with this.

Why didn't they just bake the debuff into SS and OB? It would be just like a warrior's mortal strike.
    If it was a PvP set bonus I'd be for it.

Deleted
    We don't need Mortal Strike-esque ability to be viable. We got pressure from dots. And if they buff NP like they said they would I will really like how we can go for attrition with ability to burst with 6+ SS on top of it.