Just a real quick invocation question

Do I let the Invocation buff fall off completely before casting evocation or do I let the buff get down to 4 seconds or so, this is assuming no movement and not having to prepare for movement and mechanics. Thanks in advance.

Finish your cast and milk the duration for as long as you can. Best time to refresh is around 1-2s, assuming you can't get another cast off.

(Also, if you let it completely fall off, your uptime looks bad)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Finish your cast and milk the duration for as long as you can. Best time to refresh is around 1-2s, assuming you can't get another cast off.

Ok, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    SHIT Ive been doing it wrong all this time THX POLAR
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    If you wanna know the reason why its because your not casting any damage spells while channeling so it doesn't matter that the buff falls during that time, also your dots snapshot so they wont lose any power while the buff is down.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    SHIT Ive been doing it wrong all this time THX POLAR
    Well I'm JUST SAYING. :<

Seriously though, it's marginal. It all depends if you can get the cast off with it still up or not. If you can clip the last 1-2s, then go for it for that extra cast. At this point in the game though, progression is over and squeezing out literally every drop of DPS is unnecessary. We're talking one extra cast every minute; it's not the end of the world here.

Edit: Let me rephrase. If you let it drop off every single time before even starting the cast, your uptime will suffer, but overall, it just depends on how well you can clip the last 1-2s. Honestly though, and again, at this stage, it doesn't matter, especially with Invocation being scrapped in WoD.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-06-17 at 02:29 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it is better to let it fall off to recast it.

Imagine that X is the casting time
    falling of: Cast X seconds to get 60 sec buff
    without falling of: cast X to get (60 -X -remanning time) sec buff

Sure, if you clip it, logs will show a better uptime of it (the buff will never fall off). However, it doesn`t means that you are better using it, clipping it will reduce the amounts of GCDs you get in the fight.

Sometimes, you will have to judge that it needs to be refresh ASAP or it can wait a few seconds to recast it.
    Ex: There are 2 trinkets UP, each one with little remaining time. It would be better to use the procs to damage the target than to cast evocation and lost the procs.

The unique motive I see to recast it before it falls off is that you have an haste proc ending, reducing the "X's Time" and no active Buffs that outweight the +15% damage
    Last edited by Intervir; 2014-06-17 at 03:41 AM. Reason: More info

Deleted
    important is how many Invocations you will cast in fight - if you know that you are killing boss in 3:30 than it doesn't matter -> 4 casts anyway (3+1 precast ofc) but it is more save to cast it when your next cast will not benefit from it (under 2s duration)

Deleted
    What polar said.

Deleted
    You recast it at such time that you lose no uptime from it on spells. If there's 1.3 seconds left, and your cast times are 1.5 seconds, you recast it. If however your cast times of other spells are only 1.0 seconds, you cast a normal spell. Very straight forward: re-cast it so none of your spells are ever without the buff, but don't do it early.

I have a question.

BBOY procs, you have >5 seconds left on Invocation buff. Do you ;

Immedately channel invocation so you can take advantage of BBOY at higher stacks?

Wait for buff to fall off, channel, then try to squeeze in something before BBOY falls off?

Let the buff fall off and continue DPS until BBOY drops then channel Invocation?

Seems the answer would be option 1. As the way BBOY stacks progressively higher. Also lets you run a mini Pyro chain and get a Living Bomb off with 7+ stacks of BBOY and Invocation buff therefor snapshoitting your DoT and ignite.

Has there been any testing on this that someone could point me too. Or maybe give me some hints how to test it myself.

Deleted
    Depends on how muchj time left of boss dying. If there's let's say roughly 1.5 minutes left before the boss dies, option 1. If It means you have to end up casting an extra evocate, it's option 2.

Can we please not continue commenting on necroed threads? I mean sure it's easy to miss, but still.

Thread closed.