I abandoned my legendary questline in 5.2, and now I dont know where to start...

do I literally have to follow through the quest line from wowhead and waste time traveling all over?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything starts at Wrathion, just go to him.

Or forget about it, you won't need that cloak come WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

In 6 months or so.

Still worth doing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Almost every quest starts with Wrathion in the inn on the stairs. For other quest chains, where you could have to fly all over, you can get a list of the quest numbers in the chain, and then do /run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(32389) for those quest numbers, in this example 32389 is the quest number for the alliance BG quest in the chain. "1" means you've completed it, "nil" means you haven't completed it.

Thanks guys! How long would it typically take me to farm for it? do I have to be super dedicated (i.e., play a lot every day of the week) to get it fast?

- - - Updated - - -

bump for the last post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Thanks guys! How long would it typically take me to farm for it? do I have to be super dedicated (i.e., play a lot every day of the week) to get it fast?

- - - Updated - - -

bump for the last post
    Do raid finder every week...that's about it.

Outside of the 3k valor part, the few solo scenarios, most of it is just go through raid finder. Keep in mind though Runestones/Secrets of the Empire can only be obtained through ToT/SoO.

Runestones= All of ToT, first 8 bosses of SoO.
    Secrets= Last 2 wings of ToT, First 8 bosses of SoO

Unless you're past both of those. Then it's really simple, just do the quests from Wrathion.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-06-24 at 03:59 AM.

Do the quests require much farming? my farming is stupidly slow with my blood DK
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

- - - Updated - - -

bump for the last post
    Abandoned in 5.2... so I'm guessing you're up to the Secrets of the Empire? That takes about 3-4 weeks IIRC, then another 4 or so for the Titan Runestones. But all you need to do is run the relevant LFR queues every week. So it takes a while but not an awful lot of effort, really.

The Gaze buff should make it a bit faster. Wish they'd just make that permanent...

Also I just did the first quest, talking to him.

Crap, I need to do LFR HoF and Mogushan Vaults? :/
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Do the quests require much farming? my farming is stupidly slow with my blood DK
    Which quest are you on? The ones that require items from raids shouldn't be bad at all, since you'd probably queue as a tank, just it would probably be best to do LFR on like a Tuesday or Wednesday, shortest queues then.

The solo things should be easy. No heavy farming alone.

IF you need Sigils of Wisdom/Strength/Heart of the Sha of Fear, yes. Otherwise no.

Jester,

apparently my first step is to get honored or friendly I forget, and the sigils. Are they rare drops? Is it even worth doing it on a monday night lol
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Yes but you will finish that part of the grind in 1-2 weeks, the drop rate is much higher than it used to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Jester,

apparently my first step is to get honored or friendly I forget, and the sigils. Are they rare drops? Is it even worth doing it on a monday night lol
    Well it'll save you another week potentially if you get some done before reset. They are not 100% drops but they are not exactly rare either.

What Mormolyce said.

Even without the buff the Sigils drop pretty quickly, and they also drop from ToT I believe, so if the queues aren't bad you could knock it out quickly tonight probably, if RNGesus allows it.

I'd have to find the quote but Blizzard said that in WoD raid gear won't be immediately upgraded by quest greens a a result of the item squish, so it will be similar to the transition from Vanilla to BC where raiders used their gear for a few levels.

This means that the legendary cloak will probably last you for quite a few levels, if not all the way up to 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah no... 614 ilvl is going to last us till 100. Early indications is that the H dungeon ilvl at 100 is 620.

Not to mention, but the Frostfire ridge Alpha testing put all new 90 templates at 500 ilvl. Plus, 90 boost ilvl is around that too.
    Last edited by Azelias; 2014-06-24 at 04:25 AM.

They also drop in throne of thunder and the first 2 wings of SoO, it's very possible to get them all in one reset
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

The next step after collecting the Sigils requires you to get 3k valor. The valor that you already have doesn't count towards the 3k count. The Quest only tracks valor you get after you accept the quest. So say you have 2k valor and you get the quest the marker will say you have 0 out of 3k valor. This is the only part of the chain where your going to have to log in every day unless you can farm 1k valor each week without spreading your gametime throughout the week.

How can farming with a blood DK be stupidly slow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Do raid finder every week...that's about it.

Outside of the 3k valor part, the few solo scenarios, most of it is just go through raid finder. Keep in mind though Runestones/Secrets of the Empire can only be obtained through ToT/SoO.

Runestones= All of ToT, first 8 bosses of SoO.
    Secrets= Last 2 wings of ToT, First 8 bosses of SoO

Unless you're past both of those. Then it's really simple, just do the quests from Wrathion.
    Just so you won't miss out on any Secrets of the Empire drops when you get to that part, Jester Joe got Secrets and Runestones mixed up.
    Secrets of the Empire drop in all wings of Throne of Thunder (12 bosses + Ra-Den in heroic only) and first two wings of Siege of Orgrimmar (8 bosses).
    Titan Runestones drop in the last two wings of Throne of Thunder (6 bosses + Ra-Den in heroic only) and the first two wings of Siege of Orgrimmar (8 bosses).