Mistweavers: Dematerialize and Transcendence removed, ok...

Well, after reading todays patch notes I am doubting I will be playing my mistweave main like I did through MoP. The two most fun abilities they had as a pvp player was dematerialize and transcendence, removing those really makes me wonder what is left?

Oh well, I was itching to go back to restoration druid anyway, looks like I will be shelving my monk for WoD. I really didn't expect mistweavers to lose those two fun and key pvp abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea... I wonder about that Transcendence. Dematerialize isn't really "fun" though, its just a passive that reduces the power of stuns. But Transcendence? That shoulda stayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Hmm, I think dematerialize will return, or else be removed from the whole class.

They really haven't figured out what to do with monks yet, at all. The only question is, will they get the class stable before WoD, or will it continue to undergo major changes throughout the expansion. (I think they are going to tune it to the point it is un-fun, so, probably the latter.)

Anyway, no reason to get all excited about the state the class is in at the moment, because it's clearly a work in progress that you can't make any sense out of.

Good riddance imo. Mistweavers with transcendence was one of the most annoying things in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad Dematerialize is going. As someone who fought Monks and played one myself, it was too randomly strong to be considered fair. It was effectively the Shaman's version of Astral Shift that they had back during Wrath which was removed for obvious reasons.

Transcendance I can also agree on. With a highly mobile class such as a Monk, having a teleport doesn't make sense at all and the changes that allow you to move while Rolling or during a Chi Torpedo more than make up for the "loss" that some players might feel.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care about PvP, those changes are just further ruining the feeling of the spec I had when questing / raiding

Demateralize was one of the most poorly thought out skills in the history of the game even before considering the class it was put on. It can't die in a fire soon enough.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I'm glad Dematerialize is going. As someone who fought Monks and played one myself, it was too randomly strong to be considered fair. It was effectively the Shaman's version of Astral Shift that they had back during Wrath which was removed for obvious reasons.

Transcendance I can also agree on. With a highly mobile class such as a Monk, having a teleport doesn't make sense at all and the changes that allow you to move while Rolling or during a Chi Torpedo more than make up for the "loss" that some players might feel.
    Those weren't changes, that was a bug. Celestalon already tweeted that it isn't meant to happen and not being able to control your rolls and such was part of the "skill" of rolls.

Myself, I think dematerialize is fine to lose, but losing transcendence is a big thing to me. It was often the key to survival against certain classes in PvP, I.e: Warrior drops Bladestorm -> Trans away.

Deleted
    I was really upset when I heard that one of my favourite spells (healing sphere) will be removed, and that the awesome feel of the MW monks given by the 1 sec quick global cd will become 1,5sec...
    Since then I'm playing as much with my monk as much as I can, because I really enjoy it now.
    ...And I was still hoping that it'll be ok on WoD, but now that my absolute favourite spell transcendence is gone, I...no I can't find words...
    I'd love to delete my monk, but I love it so much, so I'll keep playing till WoD hits, I'll prob. sub in summer too (sub ends in about 1 month), only to enjoy the monk. :/

These changes now really makes me cry... no healing sphere, no transcendence, cd on uplift...jesus :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Good riddance imo. Mistweavers with transcendence was one of the most annoying things in PvP.
    Idd. Talk about exploiting maps.

Dematerialize should have never existed the way it did. The ability in itself is strong, making it passive with 10 sec CD... >.>

I'm surprised about the transcendence change though, I guess blizzard ecided mistweaver had enough mobility without it? I'd see them revert this change though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixy View Post

These changes now really makes me cry... no healing sphere, no transcendence, cd on uplift...jesus :/
    Uplift doesn't have a cooldown...
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    Uplift doesn't have a cooldown...
    Pretty sure he ment cast time on Uplift. And the changes are annoying as ever. "Ability pruning" is now just simplifying everything, instead of removing Dematerialize they could give it a longer cd, hell even a min or two, that would add to gameplay that in some rare cases you would "get lucky" with stun and skip it. Transcendence was sort of annoying with cast and not that long range, seem so much better as instant and now gone. I would really like to hear what the reasoning behind this as I can't see it and seems just "remove for the sake of removing", "monk's roll is doing the job so let's just cut out the rest of movement skills".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Pretty sure he ment cast time on Uplift. And the changes are annoying as ever. "Ability pruning" is now just simplifying everything, instead of removing Dematerialize they could give it a longer cd, hell even a min or two, that would add to gameplay that in some rare cases you would "get lucky" with stun and skip it. Transcendence was sort of annoying with cast and not that long range, seem so much better as instant and now gone. I would really like to hear what the reasoning behind this as I can't see it and seems just "remove for the sake of removing", "monk's roll is doing the job so let's just cut out the rest of movement skills".
    People would just track the enemy cooldown and know exactly when they were immune. Plus CC is being chopped so the usefulness of the talent is going away.