1. #3721
    Good to see this thread alive and well after so long. The popcorn-fest really is never-ending.

  2. #3722
    Haha anything they can do to try and slow us down I guess Myobi

  3. #3723
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Just curious, is this something the upcoming info-bomb will address with any hard data?



    Yep, cos like you say, they thought they could outsource the whole thing. So their logic was 'Build Hype = Get Money = Hire Programmers = Get Game'. They laser-focused on building hype by any means necessary, hence why they used to be so quick to defend their game and ask for proof of their shenanigans cos they wanted to plug holes and hide evidence. It's been plain for some time they took this thread as a real threat given the way they toned down their rhetoric after we mocked their insane cultish reactions to those terribad screenshots and pointed out how the Alexa data has been skewed repeatedly over time.

    I think the AMA and the TTH farce are their attempt at a Hail Mary play. Something on another website that at least seems like it's what a legit game in development could do, doesn't matter if it works, just that it appears to work, to shore up their Kickstarter. Could it be that proposed 20k is gone? They don't have any money left but what they staked in themselves to fake their first Kickstarter's takeoff, so now they're trying again?
    Indirectly we are showing that the $60k number is fabricated. Most of the alts the devs were using on the forums were also given the badges for being high donors.

    The money is really interesting... because if they had raised even $20k, they could have bought a lot more stuff then they did. The entire ´server´ tech thing they are using is $90, the spawner system is $5, the name-thingie they bought was $20. They probably spent less than $500 total on contracting people and buying stuff off of the Unity Asset store. There is also the issue of Teddy, but I do believe he is just part-time and probably came cheap. He doesn´t have much experience and really didn´t accomplish much except plugging in the stuff they bought. Most of what they showed in those videos are all systems that come with that $90 ´MMORPG kit´.

    What I did not see with that money was artwork and animations. With even $3000, they could have flooded us with videos of really good animals, monsters, NPCs along with some really good terrain artwork. But everything we saw ( very little) was stuff that comes free with Unity. They easily could have bought a few hundred game-ready animals and monsters. I honestly think their experience with that spider scared them. They bought that spider and it took a nighmarish amount of time to get it animated and in the game, I think they believed if they bought all those animal assets they wouldn´t have been able to get them into the game either.

    It is a mystery how much they actually collected from their cashshop. I just guessed $20k based on Teddy and a few things they bought, along with the fact that during their last Kickstarter, they had that $40k show up from 4 pledges on day 1, which was obviously insider money.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fornax- View Post

    To me, I guess I can now see it as an investment in Teddy. At least that's how someone put it to me recently, and that's a bit of a salve, to me. In the end ToA might not happen, but at least he got to cut his teeth a little on this little project.
    Is there any evidence he was on salary? I am really hoping they didn´t trick him into working for a part of the KS funds. Seeing as they were forcing people to sign NDA agreements even to do the most basic stuff, I am sure he will never be able to talk about his experience after all this is over.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And yeah, they are getting serious with this ´legal´ stuff, we are getting some contacts ourselves involving some of the stuff we are doing. Also apparently they are spam emailing the admins of some of the third party websites warning them that some of their mods are about to release IP addresses of users. Doesn´t really matter at this point, because we already have the IP addresses.

    I also imagine they tried to contact the host of my freebie website the same way they went after Myobi, but it doesn´t matter because I was very careful to stay away from trademark infringements.. My ToA stands for Trials of Ascammer, and I used the word Ascension to describe the bonus rewards available in the cash shop. I really can´t be held responsible if Google erroneously assumes my site TOA is about Trials of Ascension since {Trials of Ascension} never directly occurs on my site.

    Anyway... lets see what other legal stuff the bring.. pretty funny.. maybe that is where they spent the $60k.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just wanted to add a link. ToA said they couldn´t finish ´one spell´ because of time constraints. Here is a Unity tutorial that teaches you exactly how to do it, in about 15mins. There is an entire series to this tutorial that teaches you how to make a basic shooter game from start to finish and they give you all the art assets so you can follow right along. The entire game takes 10 hours to make. There are 10 1-hour tutorial videos. The part about making a projectile spell that hits and damages the enemy is a part of 7th video. (labeled 107 on this page).

    ToA had years, $60k, and 6 devs, and they could not repeat what this video teaches you to do in well less than an hour. Edit... and I just noticed that entire lesson series is labelled ´beginner´..

    http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/p...rvival-shooter
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-02-16 at 07:51 AM.

  4. #3724
    Deleted
    Quite funny. I found Android to be one of the few sane people on their forums. A bunch of pages back I even said so.

    Two dudes who are beyond repair are Bowen and HappyWulf.

    I'm glad some of you guys are starting to see that this ToA is going nowhere. Most likely there's a bunch of others who do not wish to speak out.

  5. #3725
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Two dudes who are beyond repair are Bowen and HappyWulf.
    Just...wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRP1pw5zu8 Trials of Ascension has Pa-Pa-POWER!

    /facedesk

  6. #3726

  7. #3727
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliptables View Post
    Just...wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRP1pw5zu8 Trials of Ascension has Pa-Pa-POWER!

    /facedesk
    W T F...that may be a year old, but still hella cringeworthy even today. Good lord
    Know what makes it even funnier? The youtube comments and votes. You can tell this was back when they upvoted and positive commented EVERYTHING now matter how terribad it was.

  8. #3728
    Deleted
    Haha! How did you think of youtubing his account

    Hilarious.

    Almost as funny as HappyWulf in his furry costume (It's on his reddit account). Seriously, I admire when someone is passionate about something, but there are limits.

  9. #3729
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Haha! How did you think of youtubing his account

    Hilarious.

    Almost as funny as HappyWulf in his furry costume (It's on his reddit account). Seriously, I admire when someone is passionate about something, but there are limits.
    Limits you don't share with others, haha

  10. #3730
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Quite funny. I found Android to be one of the few sane people on their forums. A bunch of pages back I even said so.

    Two dudes who are beyond repair are Bowen and HappyWulf.

    I'm glad some of you guys are starting to see that this ToA is going nowhere. Most likely there's a bunch of others who do not wish to speak out.
    Well thank you for considering me to be sane. I've been here for some time and at first I was quite sceptical because of some of the shouty nature of some of the posts, especially the ones which seem to suggest pleasure from watching the game die. That is what I think most of ToA who are concerned sees. They are convinced that you are all trolls who just wanna see the world burn; and lets face it, to an extent, you are. But at least you all have a fairly valid reason.

    Bowen is one of the old guard. He's been waiting for ToA to happen for several years I think; my theory about the super-hardcore-followed-for-10yrs-people is that they've been waiting for so long that they would accept a game of any quality without so much as blinking, as long as it had the ToA label. They're all really nice people so personally, I think that's how they justify it to themselves; (It's okay that the graphics are bad: I just want the game to exist, lets worry about that stuff later etc.,etc.)

    What I am surprised about is someone else who is a fairly prominent supporter agreeing with me, but I guess everybody will realise what's going on eventually. There's just too much that doesn't make sense.

  11. #3731
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I guess someone got mad, my question is, why does someone cares removing a screen shot of something that is public?
    Frund please, it's okay, I got 2 choices now, upload them somewhere else, or simply hand over the sources to people :3

    - - - Updated - - -

    Kay, the removed screen shots were:

    Pizzaman Thread P1 - New: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...62647664660891
    Pizzaman Thread P4 - New: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...21823855086314
    Pizzaman Thread P7 - New: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...45687702192247
    “I am the only one programming” - New: http://s4.postimg.org/4evxs8in1/Teddy1.jpg
    “ToA-con” - New: http://s16.postimg.org/g4cvnm5ph/toacon.jpg

    I'll be re-uploading them right away.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Done! It's a matter of time to the rest of Mega links follow the same way ~
    I'll just have everything else re-uploaded somewhere else
    Can you use imgur? It's free.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fliptables View Post
    Just...wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRP1pw5zu8 Trials of Ascension has Pa-Pa-POWER!

    /facedesk
    He sounds like he's drugged or severely disabled. Take a breath!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Haha! How did you think of youtubing his account

    Hilarious.

    Almost as funny as HappyWulf in his furry costume (It's on his reddit account). Seriously, I admire when someone is passionate about something, but there are limits.
    What an audience! So who's gonna play toa dressed as Gandalf, Captain America, that blue girl from Avatar, or Hawk from Seven Deadly Sins?

  12. #3732
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliptables View Post
    Just...wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRP1pw5zu8 Trials of Ascension has Pa-Pa-POWER!

    /facedesk
    "That was awesome!!! Lots of personality and it gives great information in a short message." -Cyntavia Seney

    I would substitute personality for insanity. Maybe extreme funboism at the least.

    As for the "gives great information".....no comment needed


  13. #3733
    Deleted
    I even stuck up for you when you first came here. Some people were expecting another fanboy, we've seen it before in this thread.

    But by acting like that we're behaving exactly as the people on ToA which is bad.

    Didn't expect you to be Android though.

  14. #3734
    I was bothered that they decided NOT to have projectile combat in the demo because of some sort of server stability stuff. To me, that's a big thing for "proof of concept," especially since their arrows will not have auto targets. Letting potential players try that and find it fun would have been important, I think. Granted, I know a lot of players would hate that design choice, but that is how it works in real life physics. You fire, and it's gone. That appeals to me, and that friendly fire matters. I do think they are going to have a spell fire in the video. Brax talked about one spell firing in the demo video very clearly, so I would bet that will be in there.

    They are talking about a surprise or two in the video. My guess is the spell will be part of that.

  15. #3735
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Seriously, I admire when someone is passionate about something, but there are limits.


    Yes, that's really HappyWulf. I didn't even add the text.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just linking this again too

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a1H6vy9P80Tmx9

    I mean......



    What the fuck?

    And from their forums:

    And you know what I always say, you aren't in the big leagues if you don't have a couple sharks after you.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-02-16 at 06:03 PM.

  16. #3736
    We are sharks. Because sharks are winners.

  17. #3737
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    We are sharks. Because sharks are winners.
    Which is the one people like to hug?

    Also, I can't get down on fursuiters. To me they're no crazier than the people who dress up for sci-fi/fantasy/comic cons, or the guy who paints himself in his sports team's colors and goes to the game half-naked. Long as they're obeying the law, it's their time and their money.

  18. #3738
    Pandaren Monk Throren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,940
    just saw your post on TESO-RP, Myobi. Well said.

  19. #3739
    Yeah I don't really see the point in making fun of the fans' hobbies or whatever. It makes this side seem really shitty and makes the accusations of internet trolls seem more valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

  20. #3740
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Yeah I don't really see the point in making fun of the fans' hobbies or whatever. It makes this side seem really shitty and makes the accusations of internet trolls seem more valid.
    I think I agree. You people should stop talking about the people behind the accounts in Trials of Asca... Ascension. After all, although they might be acting very hostile towards what seems to be the painful truth about their project, and as funny as the whole thing might be, they, poor long time fans, will be the ones hurt the most by the Forged Chaos scoundrels.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •