Does anyone have the ToA client?

Can you PM if you have it, I can do some "checks" what the hoo-haa is about and make detailed analysis what's wrong with it.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    this CTheRain guy suddenly appeared on the ToA forums towards the end of their second KS attempt. How is he in a position to discuss what funds FC had available when FC wouldn't do that?
    CTheRain is an insufferable c*nt who likes to speak as if he is part of the development team. Like most of the community, he has a vision in his mind about what ToA should be, and he argues as if the big three will bend over and just lick his bunghole if he commands it. They all have disparate ideas of what ToA is going to be, and they are constantly pushing their inane fantasies while ignoring the huge problems that will come from catering to all their little fetishes. God forbid anyone point out how implementing this crap is going to be nigh impossible for these asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    Does anyone have the ToA client?

Can you PM if you have it, I can do some "checks" what the hoo-haa is about and make detailed analysis what's wrong with it.
    A couple of users such as Android and Fornax might have it, I don't think they can really share it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    A couple of users such as Android and Fornax might have it, I don't think they can really share it though.
    why?

it's an MMO, right? surely there's nothing wrong, ahem, sharing the client, since I won't be able to connect to the server...

all the MMOs allow you to download a free client.

why?

it's an MMO, right? surely there's nothing wrong, ahem, sharing the client, since I won't be able to connect to the server...

I'm sure its because anyone who participated in those demo were made to sign BS NDAs so word wouldn't spread about how craptastic the experience was. Total "transparency." (hmm, that word again)

Quote Originally Posted by NotADevAlt View Post
    I'm sure its because anyone who participated in those demo were made to sign BS NDAs so word wouldn't spread about how craptastic the experience was. Total "transparency." (hmm, that word again)
    I wonder if they'll prosecute CTheRain for revealing they had 30+ on at a time.

Hum, does anyone had screen shots of Teddy saying that he had to come back to teach them how to turn on their servers? Can't find mine xD

Does anyone have any idea, what the network topo is?

Photon Server, Photon Cloud, simple Unity Networking (lol) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman199 View Post
    So someone on their forums said they they might go for a Christmas release date. I really wanted to respond to that saying that Half-Life 3, Portal 3, and Team Fortress 3 are all coming out this Christmas too! I mean they all have the same chance to. Actually... I take that back. Valve actually makes games.... sometimes.... when they take a break from printing money with Steam.
    Ok, they need to think things through. Last year Teddy started in February, and by January of the following year they had Demo Island..which was nothing but a premade map you could walk around in, as a human or a spider. They had ´collision´ combat, which is to say they had auto-attacks working, they had cutting down trees, and they had a really primitive building system. That was Teddy, a guy who knew how to use Unity.

Now they have 2 guys who never made a game before, and they are back to the phase where they are still working on the character controllers.. Basically they are at where Teddy was when he first started.. and they now need to learn all the Unity stuff to even get started.

They will not have Demo Island remade until NEXT Christmas.. as in 18 months from now. It took them months to even upgrade to Unity 5.

Myobi, we have all the stuff from their old forums, they can´t delete it.

- - - Updated - - -

why?

I never got the client, I watched enough live-streaming to know what they had in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SneezyBeanBuns View Post
    CTheRain is an insufferable c*nt who likes to speak as if he is part of the development team. Like most of the community, he has a vision in his mind about what ToA should be, and he argues as if the big three will bend over and just lick his bunghole if he commands it. They all have disparate ideas of what ToA is going to be, and they are constantly pushing their inane fantasies while ignoring the huge problems that will come from catering to all their little fetishes. God forbid anyone point out how implementing this crap is going to be nigh impossible for these asshats.
    he is similar to Talon that they think the hard part of developing a game is coming up with ideas... and once you have all the ideas, you just snap your fingers and the game makes itself. Of course the same is true of Brax... twice now he has made roadmaps that look like something someone who has never made a game thinks is what needs to be done... oh wait....

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have any idea, what the network topo is?

Photon Server, Photon Cloud, simple Unity Networking (lol) ?
    Hard to say, i think they were using Atavism. I didn´t notice that stuff persisted on their servers, so it is possible they are just using photon or Unity Networking. They had a volunteer from their forums doing it.. not sure if he is one of the guys that stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Hum, does anyone had screen shots of Teddy saying that he had to come back to teach them how to turn on their servers? Can't find mine xD
    I believe I have them Myobi, let me get them.
    Edit:Hmm all I seem to have is the major post Brax made about having to pay Teddy in a short term contract to show them how to 'handle the server'. I don't believe I have the direct quote from Teddy. darn
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2015-06-22 at 10:04 PM.

I still have access to their three forums for testing, but there's nothing going on. I am sure the "client" is useless. I used it twice. I was online with about 15-20 people and we had lots of server resets. But this was the first time they had testers. The second time I went was for video, and I just didnt understand why...as it was the SECOND time...but now I do get it...Brax was getting video for the KS website. I was disgusted.

I think the more polished video they put together a few months later, with the little village going up in a time lapse, that probably had 20+ folks too, but its hard to know. I was not impressed and more and more sad that things were the way they were.

Anyway, it is amazing to me they think they are still going to make something that ANYONE is interested in. That anyone will buy.

- - - Updated - - -

How bizarre. Earlier today I posted a question in their "roadmap" thread, and ended it with my " I gotta stop coming here" disgust piece. It's the thread that Bowen created about the roadmap, I posted in there. I guess Elyssia moves the post, and moves it in such a way that it looks like I "created" a thread asking questions about the roadmap, and then--heres the kicker---makes it so that I cannot POST in the thread I supposedly created. I do not have "sufficient" rights or some such nonsense. She locks it.

Amazing.
    Last edited by Fornax-; 2015-06-23 at 04:00 AM.

You're not happy enough, Fornax. Only positive and upbeat posts are allowed now. Here, drink this Kool-Aid, you'll feel better.

Formax, I PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    You're not happy enough, Fornax. Only positive and upbeat posts are allowed now. Here, drink this Kool-Aid, you'll feel better.
    Too true. I always felt I was fairly level headed, but there was a time there when I was entirely too optimistic.

Can't ever trust them again.

I always think of an early Simpsons episode where Bart and other kids ask their Sunday school teacher all these questions about Heaven and Hell, and in exasperation she shouts 'IS A LITTLE BLIND FAITH TOO MUCH TO ASK??'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    haha, Fornax is no longer part of this cult

Great moderating skills from Elysia though!

- - - Updated - - -

Dev Blog #2 btw:

https://www.trialsofascension.com/fo...6/#post-131234

Aside from that, we’ve tightened down some areas of the forums to better combat spam and asshattery.
    Aw c'mon Brax, it were just a couple of alt accounts to annoy you, you can barely call it spam

@Fornax

shuddup, u kno nothin about "transparency"!

Link: https://www.trialsofascension.com/fo...-tracker.4947/

I like this:

We are still working out what logging in means
    What is logging in? It means validating your user/password, and returning a unique encrypted session key to the MMO session. From there, using the same session key (with same IP, same URL), it pulls down the list of characters (+ game lobby data). From the game lobby data, you start the game with last X, Y, Z position + level of your character.

Do you need a mentor?

looking for qualified art talent to help
    I'm also wondering what kind of artists they will bring into this game, considering the concept art is at amateur level.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax- View Post
    Too true. I always felt I was fairly level headed, but there was a time there when I was entirely too optimistic.

Can't ever trust them again.
    Considering how much TRANSPARENCY is going on over there they sure are quick to shoot down anything negative to keep the appearance that everything is wonderful in this 'community'.

Also love how the 'team' ballooned to 11 people. Yeah you really need that many people for something that is pretty much all coding right now. *eyeroll* These people are such jokes I will enjoy watching them fail all over again.

VARL
    I’m in the process of writing up creature details for the first four starting creatures for Exile. I created a template which I hope will help everyone on the team see the details of each creature relative to our baseline species: the humans. I’m quite sure the template will likely go through a revision or two, but if not, I’ll be even happier! I also finished up this week working on defining the various biomes for Exile (even if some of them do not make the final options list). At least they’re done.
    Why would this kind of stuff not already have been done previously? Its not as though Exile would have invalidated whatever the heck they would have conjured up in the first several iterations of ToA. Its almost like every time they move/upgrade the engine or something technical, that means they completely scrap everything they (claim to) have ever done and start over from scratch.

BLITZ55
    GUI is still very much in the design stages. With meetings between me and Brax, we have started to generate some good ideas to start nailing down what we need and what the design should be.
    Great man. So in the past week you accomplished having a meeting? Why can't you specify something concrete?