For anyone still watching this ever-smoldering fire, a friend of mine has continually informed me that ToA is being revived... again... by another team of developers with one game prototype under their belt. Their biggest accomplishment, so far, has been adding stats to their character creation screen.

They've also posted some very... beautiful animations of their dragon hatchling. *cough* Unfortunately since I'm still super new to this forum, I can't link them. If anyone wants to see them, i might be able to send it in a PM or add you through Steam or something. (Rackiera on Steam, blue dragon avatar)

As of right now, they're down to one active developer because the other developer seems to have had personal issues with the remaining one, heheh

Dang it, too little posts for PMs. Need 4 more. Here's what I was going to write to you, will update if I get more information:
    Here -
    cdn.discordapp. com/attachments/597869408832192522/610190784138051593/Hatchling_Roar_Test0001-0104.gif
    cdn.discordapp. com/attachments/469943467376771072/609493599452921876/Hatchling_Walk_Test0001-0040.gif

Feel free to reupload them to actual websites to preserve it, but those are their... "stellar" new animations. I'm asking my friend for the name of the studio, but she's European and just went to bed. All I've got right now is "BP" and the main dev's name is "Parthuin", with an animator "MSilver", and a website designer "Pat".

I am astonished that there are still developers who want to support this project...Can't tell if they're naive or never googled the history of this hot mess.
    Last edited by Vinushka; 2019-09-16 at 07:16 AM. Reason: typo
    2005-2009 Ragnarok Online | 2009-2019 WoW | 2018-2019 GW2 | 2019-???? FF XIV |
    2016-???? Overwatch

Considering that just re-hired Elyssia, and Brax still contributes to their server as a regular person and not a dev, I imagine they are just passing the torch. They said they sold the IP, but for an 'undisclosed amount'.
    i.imgur.com/8eZOJwF.png
    Hiring her hilarious goes right against their FAQ.
    i.imgur.com/eQoRnPd.png

I never found out their actual company name if they even have one, but their previous game was 'Dragons of Ramrys'.
    youtube.com/channel/UC8ykxfQCr-pTqRTly7UMJww

Hilariously, they were attacking the kickstarter game 'Day of Dragons' for using the Unity base Unka dragon model while their original game did too... and blew their own kickstarters out of the water.

I'm getting all of this information second hand, so I can update your questions, but I don't particularly want to spam my friend or get her banned for reporting to me who is reporting to this thread, haha.

I wonder how much they paid to acquire the "assets" of ToA: Exile anyways. 5 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    My guess? Nothing, they just gave it away to one of their old time followers who is still trying to push the thing onward.

Because honest to god it doesn't even make sense anyone to pick that "IP" up.
    I don't get it either, but then again I never understood the amounts of cash some people gave those morons in the first place.

I wonder if something could be done about that scam. It's been going on for far too long. Almost a decade wasn't it? I'll be shocked if they gather money again.
    Last edited by Disguise9; 2019-10-08 at 05:08 AM. Reason: More information needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Disguise9 View Post
    I wonder if something could be done about that scam. It's been going on for far too long. Almost a decade wasn't it? I'll be shocked if they gather money again.
    What needs to be done? The game came out with a complete whimper on Steam, had next to no sales and no players. It was dead on arrival and it showed.

Understood. Just have to wait and see what happens this time around then.

Roflmao, dragons <3
    Man, a project that was likely never going to get funded gets magical help and now I imagine the "devs" of this game are laughing all the way to the bank.

There's so much wrong with it. Reminded me of this thread.

Man these asset flip Ks attempts are far more advanced than ToA was in its early days. And yet it is still just a total ripoff trying to scam people out of money.

One person who supported ToA to the bitter end in a Discord I'm in is also viciously supporting Day of Dragons to the bitter end and fighting the healthy skepticism people are bringing up. People really don't learn...

Anyway, back to ToA, the devs have a new blog post out if you're interested in that. The new team is calling themselves Dragonfire Entertainment.
    trialsofascension.com/news/article/hello-toa-fans
    Looking over some Discord screenshots, it sounds like they're looking to go full MMO instead of survival game, back to the roots, but it's really really vague.
    i.imgur.com/YhBPKjm.png

Surprise, surprise.

Also, they still don't seem to understand what "MMO" actually stands for...
    I'm also curious if any of the original trio of idiots at Forged Chaos have anything to do with this new version, like did they change their names or some shit again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'm also curious if any of the original trio of idiots at Forged Chaos have anything to do with this new version, like did they change their names or some shit again?
    If they think they can still wring some money out of gullible idiots then yes, that's exactly what they're doing.

"No, it's totally not us: we sold the rights, honestly. But still, you guys totally need to keep donating money to this project and us--I mean, the new developers."

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    If they think they can still wring some money out of gullible idiots then yes, that's exactly what they're doing.

"No, it's totally not us: we sold the rights, honestly. But still, you guys totally need to keep donating money to this project and us--I mean, the new developers."
    Nothing shocks me with those bastards. I mean they were around for how long trying to scam money, came back many years later as Forged Chaos, lied to people to get more money to make a demo and so on.

I actually am looking forward to that awful dragon game. Looks perfect for my 5 yr old. He loves any game that lets him run around and explore. He loved ark in god mode.

1 of them completely bailed out of the project before it was released on Steam I believe, the other 2 from the sound of it, are still providing feedback and whatnot to this version, but that’s how far it goes, I think.
    I guess they other two are there to provide tons and tons of 'lore'.

Shit, mofo didn't even bother changing the name of the screen shot... hey Connor (@mmofallout) if ya going to copy my homework , at least throw me a thanks, will ya.
    How fucked up is that? I've never heard of the website but you could likely report the douche to the site admins maybe?

It's just really weird, honestly wouldn’t really mind it if they at least sourced the shit.

Either way, I poked them a bit on twitter about it, to see what comes out of it:

https://twitter.com/mmofallout/statu...05392557936640
    Fuck that, you did the work you should get the credit if someone is going to just steal your work and put it out there as work they did they don't deserve to be getting their 'work' put on websites and linked places.