Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    This is what ToA is doing, has done from the beginning. They care more about how it all looks than they do about producing anything. It's in how they present everything they have done, are doing and will continue to do. They shine it up in the best possible light imaginable, they make mountains out of molehills, because they are afraid if they do anything less, the thin tissue of support they have will vanish.

Look at how much interest dropped off after the second KS, when people who had been rabidly supporting them turned and fled to other games. They're terrified of this happening again, cos they know this time there won't be any recovery. They want as much support, as much attention as they can grab onto, to hope beyond hope that if they can reach a playable state, push the game out for some kind of sale, they can keep holding on to the dream.

Otherwise they have to admit to themselves they spent 15 years on something that went absolutely nowhere. That's a hard admission to make, IMO.
    There was never any chance with 3 posers who had no programming skills and no funds, managing the technical details of such a project. Any hope of recovery already disappeared with Teddy and the second ks failure. They sound like 8 year olds but pathetic and ignorant, "I can build the best video game with no skills and money cause I've played some."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu125 View Post
    -snip-

To me, it all looks like exaggeration and bragging, with little to no humility. Because word choice coming from a (supposedly professional) company/business is very important. And I don't just mean this for just ToA, but also for Greedmonger stuff, and in general for just about anything as well.
    To me, it looks like ToA and GM people are pioneers of a new mental disorder. I mean this in a very genuine clinical sense. I've never seen such delusions and extreme extents to keep it up, or such a need for approval from strangers. At least one of them can see the bs for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh my fucking God /facepalm
    Haha yeah that quote from Varl about "sixteen years in total" "ever going to be and end to game development". Like really? How much work did you REALLY fucking do Varl? Close to none.

Even funnier that he wanted to have 'direct GM' involvement with people in a fucking MMO. That guy was delusional as all hell. Still amuses me he quit though, wonder what the REAL reason was.

They always said that was the kind of thing they wanted to do. And if that was his primary reason for involvement, then yeah...he's superfluous. I can't help but think it probably went further than that, but the end result is the same.

One down, two to go.

Yeah, except no, it wouldn't work; especially not in an MMO and it amazes me that seems to have been a big reason for Varl leaving.

On one hand, a part of me feels happy that there are some people who see only the positive aspects of an idea because they just can't imagine why or how it could go badly. On the other hand, a part of me sometimes wakes up in a cold sweat at 03:00 and thinks, "Holy shit, there are people out there who will do something with the best intentions because they just can't imagine why or how it could go badly".

Man this thread is STILL DELIVERING!

So Greed monger drama is back, Why oh why is he at it again?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Man this thread is STILL DELIVERING!

So Greed monger drama is back, Why oh why is he at it again?
    Azrile pointed out some new plugin for Atavism came out, so that probably helped spur it back into 'development'. That and his incessant need to have his ego stroked, see his post a couple pages back where he feels the need to point out he's not going to argue with people on here. When he could have just...not posted on here at all...

Azrile pointed out some new plugin for Atavism came out, so that probably helped spur it back into 'development'. That and his incessant need to have his ego stroked, see his post a couple pages back where he feels the need to point out he's not going to argue with people on here. When he could have just...not posted on here at all...
    Yeah and he is full of it... I'm not using ANYTHING related to Atavism in any way... It's called GameMachine... Look it up before you guys go spreading false information...

Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    Yeah and he is full of it... I'm not using ANYTHING related to Atavism in any way... It's called GameMachine... Look it up before you guys go spreading false information...
    LOL - good job with taking the high road and staying away! Please come again.

Here's a link to gamemachine (I think) since Mr. Proctor feels the need to be ever so transparent.

Welcome to Game Machine
    Game Machine is a modern platform for large scale realtime games such as mmo's and moba's. Massive scalability and ease of use make it the most productive platform for creating complex multiplayer games.

Quote Originally Posted by NotADevAlt View Post
    LOL - good job with taking the high road and staying away! Please come again.

Here's a link to gamemachine (I think) since Mr. Proctor feels the need to be ever so transparent.
    Yes that's it. As you can see it's a Framework NOT a kit like Atavism... Before I was invited to beta test the LandRush Plugin for it everything was custom coded by ME... Some of the stuff I coded overlaps with LandRush but LandRush provides more functionality then what I had coded to date so I'm using it and my other custom code is being brought into it and updated to work with LandRush's systems.

Also believe me... I AM taking the high road by not posting everything I would like to. Somethings are better left unsaid... Haters are going to hate regardless of what I or anyone else says.

They always said that was the kind of thing they wanted to do. And if that was his primary reason for involvement, then yeah...he's superfluous. I can't help but think it probably went further than that, but the end result is the same.

One down, two to go.
    It's funny that the only thing he could do was plan GM interaction with players. I'd like to know if there's any successful people in the gaming industry with their only "skill" being making shit up for GMs to do with players.

Also believe me... I AM taking the high road by not posting everything I would like to. Somethings are better left unsaid... Haters are going to hate regardless of what I or anyone else says.
    Well the thing here is people are hating because of your actions. So it's justified hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh my fucking God /facepalm
    What is there to regret when work and money come from others? What expertise? As if they couldn't purchase art without him.

Yes that's it. As you can see it's a Framework NOT a kit like Atavism... Before I was invited to beta test the LandRush Plugin for it everything was custom coded by ME... Some of the stuff I coded overlaps with LandRush but LandRush provides more functionality then what I had coded to date so I'm using it and my other custom code is being brought into it and updated to work with LandRush's systems.
    Oh, well that's alright then, isn't it? If it was YOUR custom code, then we can all rest assured that you'll release an actual product any day now*.

*If we overlook the part where nothing you have ever claimed to have "custom coded" has ever resulted in a finished product.

Surely your time could be better spent actually working on your game as opposed to trying to justify yourself on a WoW forum? Sounds to me like your priorities are well and truly misplaced.

You said yourself "Haters gonna hate regardless" why are you here trying to convince people that this is not how you conduct your business despite all the evidence against that?

Though that being said i would be lying if i said i didn't enjoy reading this thread. This whole farce with GM and ToA has become something akin to a soap opera now.

Ladies and gentlemen, as I have stated previously: Narcissistic man-baby wannabe who spends all his time posting in defense of his poor widdle ego instead of actually doing anything he claims he can or will do. Including stay away from this thread, cos he's 'taking the high road'.

I wonder what burns his ass more: The fact we're right, or the fact we care more about his project than anyone who might actually wanna see it come true?

Alright folks, let's stick to discussing the games and criticizing them and not go after people. If you have criticisms of the games, that's cool, but do not let this thread devolve (again) into shitposting and personal insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright folks, let's stick to discussing the games and criticizing them and not go after people. If you have criticisms of the games, that's cool, but do not let this thread devolve (again) into shitposting and personal insults.
    In all fairness though Edge, since any of the games we've discussed at length have yet to see the light of day, the people involved with "making them" (to give the benefit of the doubt) are pretty well enmeshed with criticisms of the game and would seem to be fair targets. Particularly when these "devs" engage in shady behavior such as announcing games in development that show nothing beyond content from the assets store or just basic Unity "Hello, World!" stuff.

That said, we do sometimes go a bit far; that I agree with and will try to be more civil.

Deleted
    Looking forward to the Greed Monger testing! I hope you don't catch a cold like the last time, that would be a shame!

Also looking forward to the ToA 'internal' testing phase that should launch in 2-3 months from now on.

We’ve made it our goal for this new year to get Trials of Ascension:Exile to a point that we can start bringing our testers into the game before the end of the first quarter!
    Good times ahead And this time no 'NDA' bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    Oh, well that's alright then, isn't it? If it was YOUR custom code, then we can all rest assured that you'll release an actual product any day now*. *If we overlook the part where nothing you have ever claimed to have "custom coded" has ever resulted in a finished product.

Where's the finished game?

James tells about his custom logic, I dare him to release a build of GreedMonger with the older MMO so I can dissect how much code he was actually written. (Mostly nothing...)

The other 2 Atavism MMOs - eg - The Legend of Kilgore, are substantially further in development, and playable, while GM is mired in development issues.

Based on all the screenshots and videos, there are only 3 professionally made greed-monger terrains, where, at all angles, are already shown -- a far cry from the thousands of landscape and islands required.

The problem with Landrush, is same as with Atavarism. Exactly many servers are required on-line to host it?
    I calculated almost the same number, and James will have to foot the bill that Jason previously footed for the past 3 or so years.

For servers to be on-line, and for people to play GM... which, if there is only 3 terrains, and no professional artists, other than the GreedMonger guys screwing-around the forums asking for free work, it'll be a nice game to play.

I think it's opposite... the artists helping GM need moral support in terms of cash and payment, than free work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Also looking forward to the ToA 'internal' testing phase that should launch in 2-3 months from now on.
    Yeah, just like that Dev Chat they're going to have, amirite?

Deleted
    Yeah, just like that Dev Chat they're going to have, amirite?

Damn, I had almost forgotten about that one