Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    Oh, well that's alright then, isn't it? If it was YOUR custom code, then we can all rest assured that you'll release an actual product any day now*. *If we overlook the part where nothing you have ever claimed to have "custom coded" has ever resulted in a finished product.

Where's the finished game?

James tells about his custom logic, I dare him to release a build of GreedMonger with the older MMO so I can dissect how much code he was actually written. (Mostly nothing...)

The other 2 Atavism MMOs - eg - The Legend of Kilgore, are substantially further in development, and playable, while GM is mired in development issues.

Based on all the screenshots and videos, there are only 3 professionally made greed-monger terrains, where, at all angles, are already shown -- a far cry from the thousands of landscape and islands required.

The problem with Landrush, is same as with Atavarism. Exactly many servers are required on-line to host it?
    I calculated almost the same number, and James will have to foot the bill that Jason previously footed for the past 3 or so years.

For servers to be on-line, and for people to play GM... which, if there is only 3 terrains, and no professional artists, other than the GreedMonger guys screwing-around the forums asking for free work, it'll be a nice game to play.

I think it's opposite... the artists helping GM need moral support in terms of cash and payment, than free work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Also looking forward to the ToA 'internal' testing phase that should launch in 2-3 months from now on.
    Yeah, just like that Dev Chat they're going to have, amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yeah, just like that Dev Chat they're going to have, amirite?

Damn, I had almost forgotten about that one

Looking forward to the Greed Monger testing! I hope you don't catch a cold like the last time, that would be a shame!

Also looking forward to the ToA 'internal' testing phase that should launch in 2-3 months from now on.

Good times ahead And this time no 'NDA' bullshit.
    Who is this "we" he speaks of? I thought Lumpy and the cm left without saying a word. Are the t-shirts being sent out with the latest restart of this thing? Anyone know why Lumpy disappeared?

They always said that was the kind of thing they wanted to do. And if that was his primary reason for involvement, then yeah...he's superfluous. I can't help but think it probably went further than that, but the end result is the same.

One down, two to go.
    See, this is where they are silly. They played UO, they saw what happened.

For those that don´t know. UO did have exactly what Varl was talking about for a couple years. They had paid GMs who would pop into the game and run little events. The problem of course is that they only effected a tiny portion of the playerbase and anyone who didn´t get to participate felt it was a waste of money. And really it was. The game had maybe 10 Gms and 250,000 players who were spread all over the place as far as time zones.

So after that, they changed the GMs to be a volunteer program, but you had the same issue because the GMs were handing out all types of goodies ( unique housing decorations) and only a tinyl part of the population would get them. And of course there were always people complaining that the GMs were running events for each other´s characters etc. During this time, I had a new player guild with a few hundred members and I was a big forum poster ( surprise surprise), in any event, my guilds little village got a ton of attention from GMs, which of course was a blessing and a curse.

it just does not work in MMORPGs.. It takes a long time for a GM to plan and execute an event, and then it only affects 20 or so players out of 250,000..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    Yes that's it. As you can see it's a Framework NOT a kit like Atavism... Before I was invited to beta test the LandRush Plugin for it everything was custom coded by ME... Some of the stuff I coded overlaps with LandRush but LandRush provides more functionality then what I had coded to date so I'm using it and my other custom code is being brought into it and updated to work with LandRush's systems.

Also believe me... I AM taking the high road by not posting everything I would like to. Somethings are better left unsaid... Haters are going to hate regardless of what I or anyone else says.
    Some of the stuff I coded overlaps with LandRush but LandRush provides more functionality then what I had coded to date so I'm using it

I love this part, you said exactly the same thing about 3 years ago with GreedMonger. You made it sound like you did a ton of work, but then you found Atavism that was ´slightly better´ than what you had done, so you dumped your own work and just downloaded atavism.
    Do you think anyone believes you did anything? You have done NOTHING except talk about progress, and then miraculously find someone else´s project to download and claim it is ahead of your own progress.

Again dude, we all saw that Video from last January.. 3 years, $100,000 and all you basically did was break atavism and make it look worse than it is.

And custom programming.. you mean like you did with Atavism where they called you out for saying you customized the housing system, when it was exactly the same as Atavism had. And you were dumb enough to actually call it ´your custom programming´ on the Atavism forums where dozens of teams saw right away that there wasn´t anything unique about your ´version´.

This is all you do, jump from someone else´s kit to someone else´s kit and make excuses.. are we up to about 5 years now and all you were able to produce was a broken atavism video.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2016-01-22 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    See, this is where they are silly. They played UO, they saw what happened.

For those that don´t know. UO did have exactly what Varl was talking about for a couple years. They had paid GMs who would pop into the game and run little events. The problem of course is that they only effected a tiny portion of the playerbase and anyone who didn´t get to participate felt it was a waste of money. And really it was. The game had maybe 10 Gms and 250,000 players who were spread all over the place as far as time zones.
    People do this multiple times weekly as guild leaders and it didn't take them 16 years or $67k.

I played EQ 2 and they had GM appearances in the game, but all I remember is someone running around as a gigantic beaver. And maybe a monkey once? It's been a long time, I was more focused on playing the actual game.

But that's just a prime example of ToA's core problem: Lots of ideas that sound good to a very niche audience, which is why they couldn't get much in the way of funding, even if they had a team capable of building even a third of the stuff they claimed they were going to do, which created a double-sized wall they tried to sneak around every way possible. And sadly, managed to convince some people they could do, getting them to waste money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    This is all you do, jump from someone else´s kit to someone else´s kit and make excuses.. are we up to about 5 years now and all you were able to produce was a broken atavism video.
    That broken atavism video though, good lord was it funny. I'd be ashamed to put that work forward after 3 years and being funded by a Kickstarter. But nope! Not this guy! He's back again to pretend that he can actually get something done until he fades away again.

It does make me wonder how much longer it'll be before someone really can cobble together a Derpworld MMO kit like that survival-minecraft thing people were ripping off and calling their game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That broken atavism video though, good lord was it funny. I'd be ashamed to put that work forward after 3 years and being funded by a Kickstarter. But nope! Not this guy! He's back again to pretend that he can actually get something done until he fades away again.
    yeah, the looping death animations and that wicked combat system, where stuff just ran into you. I said this about ToA early on when they did some of those videos where Brax talked about things being broken. If you are only producing one video every year, then it makes no sense to show something that takes longer to say is ´broken´ then it actually takes to fix the thing that is broken. Proctor produced that one video, and to say ´there is a bug with our death animation´ during that video is just crazy since the way to fix it is literally to uncheck ´looped´ in the Unity inspector. Everyone misses stuff like that when building games ( I often forget to check ´looped´ for idle animations).. but it is something that is so easy to fix that it should never make it into the only video you released in 3 years. It shows how little they know if stuff like fixing those type of bugs are a technical issue for them.

- - - Updated - - -

It does make me wonder how much longer it'll be before someone really can cobble together a Derpworld MMO kit like that survival-minecraft thing people were ripping off and calling their game?
    Don´t worry, just follow Proctor and if it ever does get made, he will be the first one to tell you it is his ´custom´ MMORPG. Unity is in the middle of implementing/improving their own networking system. It remains to be seen, but my guess is there are going to be a ton of kits that will let you make a small MMORPG ( 100ish concurrents). There are already a few RPG kits that basically do everything for you. One is called ORK and another is something like Plyworld. I do not think it will take long before those people add uNet and allow those pseudo-mmorpgs which can all be done in the Unity editor.

Deleted
    New update about flowers:

http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...s#.VqUhQlLLrmE

Not much interesting to discuss about it though.

Design discussions generally aren't, just more mugging over ideas and world and immersion while not showing anything related to actual gameplay.

Did not see this posted on Greedmonger, but apparently there's yet another "potential" investor mentioned in the rpgcodex thread. My guess is he is some form of African royalty that will help make the MMO as soon as James can wire him some monies to come stateside.

I know it's not going away... I don't want it to go away. I'm finishing the game one way or another... We start testing back up Feb. 1st and we will see from there. I have someone (won't mention who in public...) that I am talking with about funding the costs of the servers once that person has seen that I can pull it off and I'm making progress. Until then I'll just have the 10 or so of us in our Skype group testing things out.
    Last edited by NotADevAlt; 2016-01-25 at 05:49 PM.

I think he added an extra 0 in there.

And I suppose it's possible someone might, but I'm having a hard time believing anyone would put down a single cent without a guaranteed ROI or good prospect thereof. I find it more likely it's just lies to try and build hype, unless he's really just going to try and sell GM off and then poof with the money again once he gets frustrated/bored/distracted.

"Doesn't your ass get jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?" it's all that pops in my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "Doesn't your ass get jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?" it's all that pops in my mind.
    Cracks me up, lol.

Regarding ToA, more sections have been added on their roadmap:

http://www.trialsofascension.com/roadmap

It's still funny to me that the only progress they have made are a bunch of models. Nothing else has been done. No gameplay features at all. I am disappointed, I want a badass gathering video, something like chopping down trees!

It's exactly the same as with Greedmonger, there's only a vast, open and empty world, no gameplay. I can probably do something like that aswell, and I am such a computer noob I have difficulties turning my PC on

Quote Originally Posted by NotADevAlt View Post
    Did not see this posted on Greedmonger, but apparently there's yet another "potential" investor mentioned in the rpgcodex thread. My guess is he is some form of African royalty that will help make the MMO as soon as James can wire him some monies to come stateside.
    But he said he wasn't taking money and turning down all investors.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    But he said he wasn't taking money and turning down all investors.
    Something like that, yes ~

He is full of shit, nothing new there, why do you sound surprised about it?

He is no different from the guys from Trials of Ascension, maybe a little bit more cringe worthy, an old little kid playing “pretend”, building a space ship made of card boxes while talking to people about funding his expedition to Mars… I mean, c’mon, look at it:

… and his holding Skype calls in order to discuss server funding? Really!?!

Shit, at least the ToA guys were smart enough to keep this kind of bullshit limited to their own forums, where they could simply edit, delete and ban in order to cover their shit up, this guy just runs around the entire internet shitting all over the place… it was a matter of time until he started tripping all over it again.

James, seriously, go into Youtube and browse for projects such as: Legacy of last dragon, Temporal Ascendance, Project AnaKonda, Ninelives… shit, browse for “Unity indie MMOs”, most of them were “pet” projects made by one person or really small teams, many of them students who had no freaking funding, at all! Yet all of them achieved far more than you did in any of your projects… I’m sure you know why, right?

Might as well tell the ocean to stop being wet. Long as new development kits keep coming out, he'll keep stringing this along on the pretense of progress, riding his drama of being the lone visionary against a tide of haters and trolls telling him he's no good.

News flash: Not everyone gets to be Steve Jobs. Most of us will live mundane, temporary lives and vanish from the stage of history like so many unnamed extras. That said, there's no reason not to enjoy your life. Just don't expect it to mean anything to the world when it's over.

Yes, congratulations he installed Time of Day ( the weather and sky). Again, another screenshots that shows a pack from the asset store and some free icons from OpenGameArt. Oh, and one tree model, that he didn´t even spin so it looks like a different tree

Here are the icons
    http://opengameart.org/content/attack-icons-wesnoth

I told Dark Pengin and the lady from the Unity forums that Proctor has serious.. not playful... serious mental issues and that when they backed him up last summer it was going to make them look like idiots soon. Proctor is on this treadmill of friends, where he always finds someone new who ´supports me´.. meanwhile the friends from 6 months ago see just how much of an idiot he really is. He just churns through supporters.

- - - Updated - - -

New update about flowers:

http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...s#.VqUhQlLLrmE

Not much interesting to discuss about it though.

Ark has over 300 different species of plants, and multiple versions of each one. ToA has 3 bushes and 2 flowers ( one scaled down).
    Last edited by Azrile; 2016-01-27 at 05:57 AM.