1. #8401
    Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    I feel sorry for anyone pays £20 to play this piece of shit.

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...cension_Exile/
    I'm guessing you just stumbled upon this on Steam recently? It has been around for quite a while now... the project itself is almost 20 years old, their website was registered back in 2001, it was just thrown into Steam last summer, and the last update the game had was back in September. Judging by their “credits” page, their recruitment page it’s safe to say that they pretty much ran out of “volunteers” to work on the project for them…

    People told them from the very start, you either have the skill and knowledge to do it yourself, or you have the money to pay someone else to do it for you, they decided to take the middle road instead and just begged for money to hire people to do it for them, when that utterly failed, they started asking people to work for them in exchange of percentage of their nonexistent profits, the result is pretty clear:

    https://steamcharts.com/app/893870 (0.8 average players online in March)

    Of course, if you bring any of this shit to them in their forums, you’ll get banned immediately.

  2. #8402
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    (0.8 average players online in March
    Not even one whole person, Jesus Christ lol

    I'm not sure I even dare to look at their forums these days.
    Often updated... ?

  3. #8403
    I don't know if they are losing people in their team, but looking their discord there is like 7 people that are still in their team. Some older members that helped are not listed as team members. I don't know if they just suddenly opened their eyes and quit this fail game project. But anyway it won't last for long because it seems to have alot of server problems.

  4. #8404
    Well it finally happened. If you check their website, they are putting an end to it.

  5. #8405
    The evil is vanquished.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  6. #8406
    I wonder how all 2 people who valiantly defended the "game" and stuck with them for like 12 years feel right now. To know that you were wrong and the haters were right after dedicating so much of your life to this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

  7. #8407
    What a fun long journey it was…



    … full of shit to the very end of it, it seems that they also took down the forums, must avoid the criticism from all those 0.8 active players at all costs, I guess.

    To this day I’m still unsure if they were just devoid of any common sense, or if there was something else to it.

  8. #8408
    I mean I am surprised they got ANY sort of game out but to just close their website/forums like that is pretty typical of how they've operated over the years.

  9. #8409
    They probably will come back with the same turd in few years.

  10. #8410
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfart View Post
    They probably will come back with the same turd in few years.
    Nah I think they finally ran off like cowards and refused to face the music that they were a bunch of talentless hacks that screwed people out of money on a pipe dream they were ill equipped to deliver. The 'big three' behind the project had no skill in making a video game of any kind let alone a MMO. We saw the debacle of the crowdfunded (via donations on their 'cash shop') little demo for use in the 2nd kickstarter and then after that failed they grabbed anyone that was willing to work for nothing to make a game.

    No one is surprised the game failed on Steam, no one is surprised they closed up shop. Those people deserve all the hate they got and then some. I am just disappointed they couldn't FINALLY face the music about this whole shit show instead running off in the night like cowardly thieves.

  11. #8411
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nah I think they finally ran off like cowards and refused to face the music that they were a bunch of talentless hacks that screwed people out of money on a pipe dream they were ill equipped to deliver. The 'big three' behind the project had no skill in making a video game of any kind let alone a MMO. We saw the debacle of the crowdfunded (via donations on their 'cash shop') little demo for use in the 2nd kickstarter and then after that failed they grabbed anyone that was willing to work for nothing to make a game.

    No one is surprised the game failed on Steam, no one is surprised they closed up shop. Those people deserve all the hate they got and then some. I am just disappointed they couldn't FINALLY face the music about this whole shit show instead running off in the night like cowardly thieves.
    Tbh the people who got screwed deserved it, regardless how assholish that may sound.

    If making video games the way they wanted was possible, everyone would do it.

    Even if you were devoid of common sense, it wasn’t for the lack of warning…

    The community rather just call anyone who brought these issues up a bunch of “trolls”, “naysayers” and “haters” while watching the “developers” censoring as much as they could.

  12. #8412
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The 'big three' behind the project had no skill in making a video game of any kind let alone a MMO.
    Ironically I am sure in the time this saga has drawn itself out if they had focused they could have learnt everything they needed and actually delivered something. It is what? 15 years?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  13. #8413
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Tbh the people who got screwed deserved it, regardless how assholish that may sound.

    If making video games the way they wanted was possible, everyone would do it.

    Even if you were devoid of common sense, it wasn’t for the lack of warning…

    The community rather just call anyone who brought these issues up a bunch of “trolls”, “naysayers” and “haters” while watching the “developers” censoring as much as they could.
    Oh no question the suckers that got conned deserve it and the ones that blindly tried to support that shit show deserve it even more.

    And let's be real, you, I and many others found the flaws in their 'community' with how many fake accounts they used to try and con more people. It is kind of funny though, if this thread never happened I doubt they'd have even getting to the point of getting something on Steam. In some weird twist of fate they got made fun of so much they tried to cobble SOMETHING together.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Ironically I am sure in the time this saga has drawn itself out if they had focused they could have learnt everything they needed and actually delivered something. It is what? 15 years?
    Yup, I bet the only 'coding' the 'three masterminds' did was in one of the Kickstarter videos where they typed a single line of code. That was all they bothered to try and learn. Everything else was a paid worker or suckers they recruited to work for nothing.

  14. #8414
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh no question the suckers that got conned deserve it and the ones that blindly tried to support that shit show deserve it even more.

    And let's be real, you, I and many others found the flaws in their 'community' with how many fake accounts they used to try and con more people. It is kind of funny though, if this thread never happened I doubt they'd have even getting to the point of getting something on Steam. In some weird twist of fate they got made fun of so much they tried to cobble SOMETHING together.
    I won't even go that deep, but you had members of their own community, like "media leader" XanwardSongsteel bailing out and admitting that there was indeed something fishy going on there, and members such as Fornax who even donated quite the sum to their "store" back in the day raising such concerns.

  15. #8415
    Titan unholytestament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    [Banned for inflammatory drive-by posting]
    Posts
    14,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Ironically I am sure in the time this saga has drawn itself out if they had focused they could have learnt everything they needed and actually delivered something. It is what? 15 years?
    Jesus Christ that's a lot of time devoted to a scam. How much money did they even make?

  16. #8416
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Jesus Christ that's a lot of time devoted to a scam. How much money did they even make?
    I think they actually believed they could pull this off, the only time when they made any real money was back when they had the “store” up on their website, selling shit that the game was supposedly going to have… they made around 60,000$ with it, but it was mostly spent on a programmer (Teddy) to attempt another Kickstarter, the money ran out, the Kickstarter was a failure, Teddy bailed out.

    Then they started from scratch using “volunteers”, promising them part of the profits…

    Considering that the highest peak of online players is 35, and that most of them were given “free” copies for donating for the previous version of the game or some shit… yeah, I don’t think they made much, if any at all.

  17. #8417
    This game is a solid 2nd place behind E.T. as worst game ever
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  18. #8418
    After 15 years of on-an-off and switching engines and whatnot, what do they have to show? That after all this time, the only thing they contributed to the project was writing lore in a game that you create your own lore? The ability to get volunteers to make something that isn't just default engine assets? Or the ability to hype/manipulate others' desires? The ability to argue on the internet and double-down on such arguments, blindly and lying much of the way?

    Because, they could have attempted to learn something and create the most barebones prototype themselves, but didn't. They could have had the game be something where their contributions could mean something, like an RPG with some overarching story that they could write, but didn't. Or listen to criticism in general without calling others a troll and banning them on forums, but didn't.

    My personal take on all of this with paraphrased quotes and events:

    Brax: I am a developer with multiple years of experience. I had an investor early on in the project wanting to provide full funding for the project, if I would make it into a WOW-clone. I declined, as I am such a good person fighting to good fight for a true MMORPG experience.
    Also Brax, some 12-15 years later: I have no experience making games, let alone something like an MMO! What do you expect of me?!

    I.E. the investor never existed, let alone WOW-clones were never even a term back then in 2004ish (right?). He just wanted to drum up support, like he was some messiah/martyr of MMORPGs. And for no one to question him on anything ever, preying on their own desires of such a game only he could create. Eventually, people did question this project's legitimacy, and support diminished.

    And we know they will be back after some time, after a few years perhaps, and restart this whole debacle anew. And probably not learn much of anything from the past.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

    ...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

  19. #8419
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotori125 View Post
    the investor never existed
    Of course they existed! It makes utter sense that companies were willing to throw thousands of dollars at 3 guys with zero experience in gaming industry to lead the development of a MMORPG, but only if it was a WoW clone, because... yeah...

  20. #8420
    The temptation to join the Discord server is certainly there lol I want to see what is being said. Fact they just outright disabled the forum is hilarious. Guess it's easier to delete comments on Discord where only admin and certain people can see the log of changes.
    Often updated... ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •