Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Well, to be fair! Their "social media team" were the pretty much the only team in the project doing it's job!
    Hahah no kidding. The social media team must have doubled as the 'make tons of fake posts on their forums' team too. Those were the days.

Holy shit, ToA Team, just hire this mofo already: https://twitter.com/mmofallout/statu...45715389014016

God damn Croats dude! Even worse than the Russian hackers.

Edited: Roflmao, the guy just deleted his tweets and marked my comment on the article linking to my post in this thread as "spam".

Myobi
    @Myobi_Lockhart
    ·
    1h
    Replying to
    @mmofallout
    The least you can do is either credit & source the people who actually wrote it or just remove it, and next time spare yourself the embarrassment and just contact the users beforehand.

Connor
    @mmofallout
    ·
    1h
    Replying to
    @Myobi_Lockhart
    I've checked with marketing and they're telling me everything is set up properly.
    Last edited by Myobi; 2019-10-21 at 05:19 PM.
    Pay-2-Win?

♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Yeah. That's skeezy as fuck.
    BAD WOLF

oh they're back, what a surprise, lmao!

Also, the forums are gone. So you can't check out the fanboys there anymore. The team is gone, I can't see who's working on this ''game'' right now. And their discord is (I assume) private? I don't dare to try and join it. I would feel ashamed too much, but on the other hand I miss out on a lot of lols.

AND the best part... THE MAP IS BACK!

https://trialsofascension.com/map

I think they had this as a mouse pad a while ago. Good stuff, we're back!

So, a mind-bogglingly silly fan bought the IP, set up a new company and plans to make an "MMO" for this shitfest? I can't facepalm hard enough.

I see that Elyssia woman is still there. I thought she went to work somewhere else?

This whole property is like an ex-girlfriend that some people just refuse to let go.

The Direction of Trials of Ascension

Just let it die, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "There will also be the MMO aspects." - aka, its a massive multiplayer online game because you can level up abilities =/

"unique aspects of ToA" - it has a "not-so-hardcore-system" that exists in games such as Diablo for decades now.

It's like we are back to the early days...
    Pay-2-Win?

♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

Wait...Trials of Ascension AND Ashes of Creation are 2 different games?

There is some drama with Ashes of Creation also its becoming a Battle Royale instead of a MMO.

Im confused by this 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackiera View Post
    One person who supported ToA to the bitter end in a Discord I'm in is also viciously supporting Day of Dragons to the bitter end and fighting the healthy skepticism people are bringing up. People really don't learn...
    I'm guessing that person is that one spazcake who was really, REALLY into dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit, ToA Team, just hire this mofo already: https://twitter.com/mmofallout/statu...45715389014016

God damn Croats dude! Even worse than the Russian hackers.

Edited: Roflmao, the guy just deleted his tweets and marked my comment on the article linking to my post in this thread as "spam".
    Yeah, when there's a question about plagiarism and possible legal ramifications, the marketing team is the group to ask.

I'd suggest everyone take another look at Day of Dragons. It looked bad in the beginning but the developer hasn't run off with the money, big names have been hired (Jia Hao for models, Simon Chylinski for sounds, Rey Fernandez jr for music). The "truth about dod" video purposely misrepresented a lot of things, for example when he states that most dragons are planned to be paid dlc, he pulls from two different quotes that say the opposite. That was never the plan. The two years in development wasn't two years of coding, it was conceptualizing with some friends who later left, and switching engines twice.

Even if DoD flops it won't be because Jao, the dev, is a scammer, it will have because he's too ambitious. but at least he knows how to code. lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cat View Post
    I'd suggest everyone take another look at Day of Dragons. It looked bad in the beginning but the developer hasn't run off with the money, big names have been hired (Jia Hao for models, Simon Chylinski for sounds, Rey Fernandez jr for music). The "truth about dod" video purposely misrepresented a lot of things, for example when he states that most dragons are planned to be paid dlc, he pulls from two different quotes that say the opposite. That was never the plan. The two years in development wasn't two years of coding, it was conceptualizing with some friends who later left, and switching engines twice.

Even if DoD flops it won't be because Jao, the dev, is a scammer, it will have because he's too ambitious. but at least he knows how to code. lmao.
    Shit, making new accounts around the internet just to give us such brilliant suggestion in threads were inactive for almost a month now! Such a dedicated fan you must be, thank you for the tip, I might actually look deeper into it now that you insist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cat View Post

Seems legit. Thank you mystery fan, I'm gonna buy three copies now!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Welp, went to their discord last night, spoke to this Wicked Cat fellow, sort of reminds me of Fornax, he supports the project but not to the point of trying to gouge anyone’s eyes for speaking ill towards it. That said however, it honestly doesn’t look that different from Trials of Ascension or Proctor’s projects, let’s assume that stuff like this:

https://dayofscams.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUew-wBBwp8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e21B...ature=youtu.be

Is all just an evil ploy by trolls who are lying and taking shit out of context, shall we?

This is a video of the most recent version of the game:

That’s the result of supposedly 2 years of development and half a million dollars.

You can walk, fly and “combat” against other players in a mostly barren map, and even just that seems to have issues such as broken animations and clipping issues among other random bugs, even Trials of Ascension had more content than this and the 3 lead-developers couldn’t even turn on the servers by themselves.

The reason for that is apparently: “but his just one guy”, which is something that he should have thought about before starting a Kickstarter and throwing this thing into a Steam EA, the “game” is barely on its bare bones, there is close to nothing to be tested in there, pretty assets and artwork probably shouldn’t be something to be worried trying to outsource at this point.

… and even assuming that he is actually capable of finishing the project eventually, putting on Steam right now is going to backfire pretty quickly, he will have no control over the reviews there, therefore he won’t be able to just delete or ban people like his being accused of doing just for criticizing the game, and if reacted the way he did towards just a couple YouTube videos he better start preparing himself.

TL,DR: Even assuming that shit has been “purposely misrepresented” to cause harm to the project just for the sake of it, and ignoring all the red-flags around the project, the guy is still asking for money for extremely basic shit made on Unity… and the proof of that is that someone by the nick of ICY was able to recreate mostly of what Day of Dragons as shown us so far: https://youtu.be/-jECGiwBBmg?t=520; so yeah, I wouldn't recommend anyone getting close to this thing any time soon.

Edited: I was hoping to be able to learn about why they decided to dedicated so much funding into stuff like models, textures and artwork in such an early stage of development, thus I went back to the discord server to see if I could ask directly to one of the developers, after spending awhile going back and forth with some members of the community one finally showed up:

Since I didn’t get much of an answer, I tried again later on through DMs, and:

==============================================================
    Guild: Direct Messages
    Channel: Vatalia
    Topic:
    Range:
    ==============================================================

[30-Nov-19 08:28 PM] Myobi#8845
    Heya, is this a good time ?

[30-Nov-19 08:51 PM] Vatalia#6666
    I'll be on later I need to do some running around

[30-Nov-19 09:25 PM] Myobi#8845
    aight, I'll leave my question here, feel free to answer it whenever you get the time if you can.

[30-Nov-19 09:25 PM] Myobi#8845
    I wanted to know why models and textures are taking such a high priority in this stage of development to the point of asking 12,000$ trough Kickstarter to hire 3d modeler, instead of just focusing on developing the basic systems more in-depth while using free assets as place-holders.

You’ve previously told me that he was using his personal funds for the project, however, what I don’t understand why he was spending any sort of funds at all in the project in its current stage of development.

[30-Nov-19 11:09 PM] Vatalia#6666
    Because jao is a coder. Not a modeler or artist

Hes been working on coding 14hrs a day

And the system

[30-Nov-19 11:10 PM] Vatalia#6666
    They are not free assets. He paid for them himself

[30-Nov-19 11:10 PM] Vatalia#6666
    We are improving in the development day by day

[30-Nov-19 11:11 PM] Vatalia#6666
    This is jaos job...his passion.

[30-Nov-19 11:11 PM] Myobi#8845
    wait wait wait, that's not really what I'm asking you

[30-Nov-19 11:11 PM] Myobi#8845
    I know his a coder

[30-Nov-19 11:12 PM] Myobi#8845
    I don't expect him to do the modeling himself

[30-Nov-19 11:12 PM] Myobi#8845
    the question is, why investing so much into models before even having a prototype of what the game is supposed to be

[30-Nov-19 11:13 PM] Vatalia#6666
    We have a prototype

We have plans for up to 2021ish

[30-Nov-19 11:13 PM] Myobi#8845
    also, I'm not saying they are free, I'm saying free assets for place holders are more than enough in early stages of development

Hes been planning out stuff for years

[30-Nov-19 11:14 PM] Vatalia#6666
    Trust me we know exactly what we want to do and what we want to happen. This isnt a day by day thing

[30-Nov-19 11:14 PM] Vatalia#6666
    ^-^

[30-Nov-19 11:14 PM] Myobi#8845
    I've heard that before

[30-Nov-19 11:15 PM] Myobi#8845
    from projects such as Greed Monger and Trials of Ascension

that's the issue.

[30-Nov-19 11:15 PM] Vatalia#6666
    And different people. So just wait and see. I dont know how other else to show you

[30-Nov-19 11:15 PM] Vatalia#6666
    Other then watch our progress

it is different people, but the mindset and way of dealing with it doesn't look much different

[30-Nov-19 11:16 PM] Vatalia#6666
    Like I said...this goes beyond "just a game" this is a very close to heart

[30-Nov-19 11:16 PM] Myobi#8845
    and like I said, I heard that before

[30-Nov-19 11:16 PM] Vatalia#6666
    Ok then nothing I will say can convince you

[30-Nov-19 11:16 PM] Myobi#8845
    I'm not asking you to convince me of anything

[30-Nov-19 11:17 PM] Myobi#8845
    I simply wanted to know why investing so much at such early stage of development on models and textures

[30-Nov-19 11:17 PM] Vatalia#6666
    Cause that's all we wanted.

that's it ?

We told everyone day 1. We wanna update our models so they will fit into the environment

"just cuz we wanted"

That's what 12k was for

[30-Nov-19 11:18 PM] Myobi#8845
    aight I guess that answers my question.

[30-Nov-19 11:19 PM] Myobi#8845
    thanks for clearing it up

[30-Nov-19 11:19 PM] Vatalia#6666
    Welcome
    Welp, I guess that sort of answers it?

Also, see if this stuff from some of the community members sound familiar...

[30-Nov-19 06:57 PM] Yama-in#1423
    The 'two years' of development is an incorrect statement. That was just Jao learning how to code

[30-Nov-19 06:58 PM] Myobi#8845
    hang on, so... he never had codded before those 2 years ?

[30-Nov-19 06:58 PM] Aidia#6172
    not for games, no

[30-Nov-19 06:58 PM] Yama-in#1423
    Correct he is a new developer. He has said many times

[30-Nov-19 06:59 PM] Yama-in#1423
    The game has only been in developmet for a few months

[30-Nov-19 06:59 PM] Aidia#6172
    can find more information in a mo for you

"As stated by Jao the two years of dev time does not mean two years of coding. Before coding work started development time included concepts for gameplay mechanics and other core gameplay features. You need to know what you are making before you start making it. At the beginning there were a couple people working on the game, however they had to leave for various reasons. Coding started on Cryengine but was dropped in favor of Amazon Lumberyard (AL). AL was where most of the work was done; however, it stopped because of Amazon’s server TOS. In order to use AL you had to use Amazon’s servers. This would make it harder for people to create their own custom servers besides the Official ones hosted by Beawsome Games. After this was noted Jao started to migrate to Unreal, an engine he had little experience in. From sometime around May 2019 Jao has been making Day of Dragons while learning how to use the Unreal engine."

Found in the doc I linked last time: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    [30-Nov-19 06:59 PM] Myobi#8845
    for example, I can give you multiple of great games made by just 1 or 2 people, lots of these cases as their first games

[30-Nov-19 06:59 PM] Myobi#8845
    minecraft, stardew valley, mount and blade

[30-Nov-19 07:00 PM] Yama-in#1423
    Except all those games are small and simple

[30-Nov-19 07:00 PM] Yama-in#1423
    This isn’t

30-Nov-19 07:00 PM] Yama-in#1423
    Because it's a large multiplayer survival game

[30-Nov-19 07:02 PM] Yama-in#1423
    He doesn't want a simple game. He will eventually end up getting help once the game takes off he already has award winning people helping with the game

[30-Nov-19 07:02 PM] Aidia#6172
    he has also admitted if there is any point of development he gets stuck on he will hire another coder to help with it

[30-Nov-19 07:02 PM] Yama-in#1423
    He isn't waiting his money on another dev just yet
    [30-Nov-19 07:11 PM] Myobi#8845
    however, I think Jao is bitting way more than he can chew

[30-Nov-19 07:11 PM] Calli#1954
    guess only time will tell for you

[30-Nov-19 07:11 PM] Myobi#8845
    no doubt about that

[30-Nov-19 07:12 PM] Teeter#4739
    That’s one of those opinions you should keep to yourself in this discord if you don’t want to be labeled a troll lol

... and I guess I'll just leave it at that, honestly, it doesn't sound any different from Trials of Ascension or Greed Monger, with the exception that this guy hit the jackpot with his Kickstarter scoring him half a million dollars, which isn't bad for someone's first video game ever, that is still learning.

Edit #2:

They released it on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ay_of_Dragons/

There is a guy streaming it on youtube right now, and holy shit.... 17€ for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKsjXPTsBg8
    Last edited by Myobi; 2019-12-04 at 11:50 PM.

Holy shit that thing already got over 100 negative reviews on its first day.

From the streaming it was so bad that the devs had to log in just to commit suicide so players had something to eat to stay alive, and even that was bugged and would often just not work, which is hilarious considering that's pretty much what's there to do in the game right now.

A few players can't even try to do that, because they are stuck in the egg form every time they log in:

Holy shit that thing already got over 100 negative reviews on its first day.

From the streaming it was so bad that the devs had to log in just to commit suicide so players had something to eat to stay alive, and even that was bugged and would often just not work, which is hilarious considering that's pretty much what's there to do in the game right now.

A few players can't even try to do that, because they are stuck in the egg form every time they log in
    Geez, I am shocked, SHOCKED this game has been worked on for 2 years by super secretive dev-kun is just a pathetic asset flip game. Jokes on me though as that guy probably took home a nice amount of cash to the bank as he 'worked' on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey, as long as these new guys don’t try to pull any of those money shenanigans!

It’s still weird though, like why would they pick this up instead of doing their own thing and avoid all the shitty reputation it garnered to this point. It’s amazing how this “Day of Dragons” still managed to be worse than Trials of Ascension though, the guy started a Kickstarter with a goal of 12,000$ to hire a 3D Artist and got half a million instead, just to rush a 20$ steam early access where you have pretty much no content at all, shit even one youtuber by the name of icycaress managed to re-create everything they had developed supposedly over the last 2 years? 6 months? Dunno, the development time of the game seems to differ depending on what feels convenient.

Oh brother. Just reading this quote "the initial founders of the project turning over the IP to me with heavy hearts and feeling as though they had failed to accomplish the dreams of not only their backers and supporters but themselves as well." made me roll my eyes so hard they almost popped out of my head and rolled under my desk. Yeah the initial founders that couldn't code, had a make believe studio 10+ years ago refused to compromise to supposed interested game companies, blah blah blah sad story. So they come back to scam people out of their money and when that fails they scratch together more money to release a shitty demo.

Why exactly would anyone want this IP and try to do something with it is beyond me. I'll enjoy watching this continue to burn.

I see the people still involved in this are still sorta delusional, huh? It is weirdly fascinating.

I recommend everyone going to their steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ay_of_Dragons/

... and filing a report:

Steam Early Access Rules: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/earlyaccess#5

1. You must include Steam Early Access branding and information about the current state of your game on any third-party sites where you are distributing Steam keys for your Early Access game. We work very hard to make sure that customers understand what they are buying when they get an Early Access title on Steam, and this expectation continues wherever Steam keys are distributed. You must include the Steam Early Access branding as well as current information on the state of your game, and a link to the Steam Early Access FAQ on any site where you are selling Steam keys for your Early Access title. Additionally, you should also include a copy of the Early Access questionnaire. You can read more in the Steam Branding Guidelines.

2. Do not make specific promises about future events. For example, there is no way you can know exactly when the game will be finished, that the game will be finished, or that planned future additions will definitely happen. Do not ask your customers to bet on the future of your game. Customers should be buying your game based on its current state, not on promises of a future that may or may not be realized.

5. Make sure you set expectations properly everywhere you talk about your game. Be transparent with your community. For example, if you know your updates during Early Access will break save files, make sure you tell players up front. And say this everywhere you sell your Steam keys.
    The servers don't even save players progress, this isn't stated anywhere, just as as any sort of updates being made.

6. Don't launch in Early Access without a playable game. If you have a tech demo, but not much gameplay yet, then it’s probably too early to launch in Early Access. If you are trying to test out a concept and haven't yet figured out what players are going to do in your game that makes it fun, then it's probably too early. You might want to start by giving out keys to select fans and getting input from a smaller and focused group before you release in Early Access. At a bare minimum, you will need a video trailer that shows gameplay. Even if you are asking for feedback that will impact gameplay, customers need something to start with in order to give informed feedback and suggestions.

They are also preventing people from launching the video game, which also goes against the Steam TOS:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6899-IOSK-9514

If a developer communicates a ban request to Valve, is the offending player banned from launching that game – or from using Steam entirely? And, for how long?

The effects of the game ban are determined by the developer, and must be consistent with a VAC ban, such as being prevented from playing online with other players and/or trading items for that game. It cannot prevent the user from launching and playing the game offline. It cannot prevent the user from using Steam.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, someone PM’d me through discord seemingly slightly upset for me being here encouraging people to report Day of Dragons for breaking Steam ToS before reading the developer answer to the “accusations” … an answer that takes the form of a 7-page PDF file posted in their Discord server & thrown into the middle of the general discussion board as a normal locked thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

… but since it was fucking demanded from me, how could I just say no! I’ll just say it already, that I fucking wish for everyone's sakes that Day of Dragons just had as much content and it was just as entertaining as that fucking long ass PDF file.

Link: https://pastebin.com/rWxamqmj

I’m not going to sit here and address this entire shit point by point, but there are a couple of things I would like to point out. ~

I am sure that this will incense the folks who are convinced that we are criminals and scum. I am sure that folks will accuse me of “lawyering up” and “acting like a child.” But sincerely, I just want to be clear of this constant disruption to my business so that I can get back to developing my game in peace.
    A great way to fucking start it, sort of reminds me of Trials of Ascension “We are just humans!” thread by the original developers, defensive as hell sparkled with a little of self-victimization, it’s also incredible silly to moan about people accusing you of “lawyering up” just to admit that’s exactly what you are doing later down the road:

Thus, in connection with this public statement, we are sending cease and desist letters to both IcyCaress and IGP requesting that they remove the categorically false information they have circulated through YouTube and social media and to acknowledge the falsity of the information that they have perpetuated. If this continues, we will have no choice but to consider further action.

We welcome reviews, criticism, suggestions of how to improve, and even statements that you just do not like the game and think it is terrible.
    So, just to be clear, we 100% support the freedom of speech.
    Sure, as hell sounds like it ~

It’s also why I got hit with this shortly after leaving DoD discord:

As a matter of fact, Steam conducted a very in-depth review of our Steam page and the game itself prior to launch, and approved them.
    Yeah, and this is why Valve never removed any video game from Steam! Because they approved them in the first place... oh wait... hang on...

Early Access Rule 1: “You must include Steam Early Access branding and information about the current state of your game on any third-party sites where you are distributing Steam keys for your Early Access game.” We clearly satisfy this rule. On our website homepage, which can be viewed here, it is clear that the game is in early access by stating that “Day of Dragons released on Steam Early Access December 4th...This Steam Early Access game is currently not a finished game and may or may not change significantly over the course of development.” Further, on our homepage, we link to Steam’s Early Access FAQ so potential players can find more information on what early access is and to obtain answers to specific questions they may have. Additionally, when an individual wishes to purchase a game key from the website store, it clearly states in the description of the game, which can be found here, that the game is in Steam Early Access and displays the required Steam Early Access branding. Finally, on the homepage, we clearly provide information on the current state of the game. Through these combined efforts, we clearly satisfy Steam Early Access Rule 1.

... and you also list multiple features such as elementals, multiple biones and "end game" content DO NOT represent the "CURRENT STATE" of the game, stating that the game is still in Early Access and that is vulnerable to changes does not change the fact that you are advertising planned features as if they were already present in the game.

Early Access Rule 2: “Do not make specific promises about future events.” We have never made specific promises as to the development of our game beyond the promises made to our Kickstarter backers in terms of pledge rewards. In communications with our community and through our website and Steam Store page, we have made it abundantly clear that the game is early access and through the development of the game, the nature of Day of Dragons may change. We have made it clear what components of the game are in the game currently. We have never made specific promises as to when the game will be completed. The description of the game on our website specifically states aspects of the game that are currently in the game. IcyCaress alleges that the description of Day of Dragons on our website is only future promises. This is categorically false and a simple review of our website shows that the description of the game mechanics presented on the website reflect the current mechanics of the game. Further, the Steam Store page for our game, which we customized, has been thoroughly reviewed and approved by Steam. The statements contained on the Steam Store are in line with Steam’s Terms and Conditions, as they would not approve the website if it violated Steam’s Terms and Conditions. During the early access review process, Steam required changes to the Steam Store page (including clarification as to future features) before Steam would permit it to be displayed. We cooperated fully with this review and made the necessary changes. In all communications and advertisements for Day of Dragons, we have made it clear that the game is in early access and it may change, as development is ongoing. We clearly satisfy Steam Early Access Rule 2.

promise
    /ˈprɒmɪs/

noun
    noun: promise; plural noun: promises
    a declaration or assurance that one will do something or that a particular thing will happen.
    Half of your feature list are promises.

You are assuring player "WILL" be able to unlock other playable mythical creatures such as giant Elementals, because those are still not bloody included yet.

With regard to the VAC Terms and Conditions (located here) that IcyCaress referenced in his video, these terms and conditions apply to games that utilize the Steam Valve Anti-Cheat (“VAC”) System. Pursuant to these terms and conditions, a game developer is prohibited from banning a player in a way that prevents the user from launching and playing the game offline. However, it is important to note that, as stated in the very same terms and conditions, “[T]his only applies to games that have been approved for this feature by Valve, and a game ban only applies to that specific game.” Day of Dragons is not currently employing the VAC system as a manner in which to ban players from playing the game. Instead, myself and my development team have decided to utilize our own methods of banning players, which includes utilizing the game code to ban specific Steam IDs.
    No, you dummie dum…

The “only applies” refers to valve itself reviewing developer requests for bans, they will only do it if you have been approved to use VAC system, your bans still “must be consistent with a VAC ban”, you “cannot prevent the user from launching” the game.

Wicked Cat, thank you for taking your time making an account here just to suggest us to take a good look on Day of Dragons, it’s proving to be quite a fucking show. I don’t know if the developer is a “criminal scum” or not, but his certainly a bloody walking and breathing PR disaster, and I just wonder how much of that sweet Kickstarter money his willing to throw at lawyer to go after “dem haters”… what an incompetent fool.
    Last edited by Myobi; 2019-12-17 at 06:00 PM.
    Pay-2-Win?

Wicked Cat, thank you for taking your time making an account here just to suggest us to take a good look on Day of Dragons, it’s proving to be quite a fucking show. I don’t know if the developer is a “criminal scum” or not, but his certainly a bloody walking and breathing PR disaster, and I just wonder how much of that sweet Kickstarter money his willing to throw at lawyer to go after “dem haters”… what an incompetent fool.
    I never condoned the banning of IGP or icy. I actually disagree with it completely. But, as far as I knew Jao was in the right. I tried to argue in good faith. You did a good job clearing that up though. I really don’t know what this guy is thinking. I hope he reverses his tos breaks asap.