The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Can I just point out the user named *snip*? Definitely a Trap thot because that is so on the nose. Lol.

Don't call out others. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-02-24 at 05:05 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    From what I know they are not unity store assets, they are being made by "MSilver", that seems to have a pretty charming attitude from what was shown to me

Dunno what's up with a lot of the people in these projects and their massive egos.
    Well I'm going from what they wrote on the Kickstarter page that they're going to use money to buy up things on the Unity store.

Aww, I've been noticed! Just here to clear things up despite my "massive ego"

Brocker is a known troll in the entirety of the DoD server, he has claimed he wants to make his own game despite not having the experience in it and has even tried arguing with me about me "not doing things right" and how "performance is only affected by different styles" despite none of these being true, performance is affected by the resolution, topology count and animation type which is something any game asset dev should know.

The second point is that literally none of them have actual experience in the industry, they don't know how game assets actually should be made and what should be restricted, their concepts add a plethora of 3D details that would require added topology which would result in a very dense game model which would obviously lag the game, if you actually used context in your pictures you would see all of my comments on that and how they reject the criticism despite not even knowing its needed in even a basic game. Vatalia has been said she would do 3D animation for the AI despite not even showing she can 3D animate and avoiding the question, Parrot claims she is doing concepts but they are so barebones that they change them most of the time, and Jao claims he can code despite literally every BP being found on the Marketplace Asset store and when he changes them he breaks them every time, really up to you on if it would actually work out or not.

And finally, DoD has only shown High Res sculpts without ever commenting on if they would actually get Retopologized (retopology- remaking the topology in a lower poly count for games and animation), so therefore they aren't really impressive because there is no guarantee that they would actually get added in since they can't function in the Engine in the first place unlike our stuff which can actually fit in the engine we are using.

I always welcome criticism, I am only commenting to say that I welcome your criticisms and am fine with your opinions, if you have any questions I am in the ToA Discord server and my user is SilverSword#0647, I would love to hear your comments on things

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well I'm going from what they wrote on the Kickstarter page that they're going to use money to buy up things on the Unity store.
    I meant the dragons, I don't think the Dragons are from the store, but yeah.
    Pay-2-Win?

♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

I meant the dragons, I don't think the Dragons are from the store, but yeah.
    The kickstarter says " For example, keen eyes will notice our main adult dragon is from the Unity Asset Store as a placeholder, however, this dragon will not be in the final release (unless the community decides otherwise)." if that is the dragon we're talking about, either way they are more than willing to blow through what small money there would even be on the asset store.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Can I just point out the user named "e-girl" with a pokemon avatar? Definitely a Trap thot because that is so on the nose. Lol.
    hello that is my friend please do not call her slurs

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeJellybeans View Post
    Are we serious? You're going to create an account to this site to white knight for some random person on a discord? Get real.

Are we serious? You're going to create an account to this site to white knight for some random person on a discord? Get real.
    yes i am good sir do you have a problem with this bc by all means call me slurs too

Hey all, just to clear things up the quick way, none of the pics shown actually have context to them and none of you know me so its hard to tell what are jokes so I will post context now.

1: Brocker is a known troll in the DOD discord, he claims to know things then spreads misinformation about it while claiming he is right regardless, the "I have custom assets" point was a joke because Brocker came at me before with his claims of not knowing what I am doing despite it being the opposite and my assets actually working in engine, regardless he always insists he is right and has experience in literally every field you discuss because he wants to seem better.

2: The Devs of DoD have no experience in the gaming industry whatsoever, their supposed "game models" aren't even models, they are high res sculpts. They have nobody retopologizing (retopology-remake topology for games) the assets and no Animator yet at all. Vatalia is supposedly gonna do the animations for AI but outright refuses to show examples of her animation so its likely false she knows how to, Parrot is their Concept Artist but due to no experience she makes concepts that would end up being too dense for the games Spec Requirement due to way too much 3D detail. Honestly really up to you if you want to believe in them.

and 3: I was in no way affiliated with ToA at all prior to this, I originally was going to make assets for Parthuin before he bought the rights to ToA, I had never played the game and barely heard of the issues around it, I merely make the sculpts, models, animations and textures for whatever he hires me to do with future payment plans, if you have any concerns then by all means contact me on Discord, I am SilverSword#0647 if you have any questions or concerns

yes i am good sir do you have a problem with this bc by all means call me slurs too
    *eyeroll* I'm not here to call anyone "slurs". Settle down and learn that you're on the internet and shit happens. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

This project is the gift that keeps on giving with new accounts posting about it all.

yes ahahhaha the fucking 1 account new posters are here, this thread is almost as legendary as the useless sacks of £$%^$ at ToA.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yes ahahhaha the fucking 1 account new posters are here, this thread is almost as legendary as the useless sacks of £$%^$ at ToA.
    Almost. At least these jokers are only trying to ask for 10k instead of the ludicrous amounts the old ToA went after. No one in their right mind should give these fools a single penny though.They seem just as clueless as the old fools from Forged Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by MSilverS View Post
    Hey all, just to clear things up the quick way, none of the pics shown actually have context to them and none of you know me so its hard to tell what are jokes so I will post context now.

1: Brocker is a known troll in the DOD discord, he claims to know things then spreads misinformation about it while claiming he is right regardless, the "I have custom assets" point was a joke because Brocker came at me before with his claims of not knowing what I am doing despite it being the opposite and my assets actually working in engine, regardless he always insists he is right and has experience in literally every field you discuss because he wants to seem better.

2: The Devs of DoD have no experience in the gaming industry whatsoever, their supposed "game models" aren't even models, they are high res sculpts. They have nobody retopologizing (retopology-remake topology for games) the assets and no Animator yet at all. Vatalia is supposedly gonna do the animations for AI but outright refuses to show examples of her animation so its likely false she knows how to, Parrot is their Concept Artist but due to no experience she makes concepts that would end up being too dense for the games Spec Requirement due to way too much 3D detail. Honestly really up to you if you want to believe in them.

and 3: I was in no way affiliated with ToA at all prior to this, I originally was going to make assets for Parthuin before he bought the rights to ToA, I had never played the game and barely heard of the issues around it, I merely make the sculpts, models, animations and textures for whatever he hires me to do with future payment plans, if you have any concerns then by all means contact me on Discord, I am SilverSword#0647 if you have any questions or concerns
    Don't get me wrong, fuck DoD and everyone who's taking part that monstrosity, but c'mon, never heard that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones? I mean, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I can do better, but let's be honest here... it's not like those dragons are not the Mona Lise of reptiles, but yeah, at least they weren't plucked from the unity asset store I guess my point is, you are not doing yourself or ToA any favors by wasting time with those "trolls", or whatever.

Jesus fucking Christ...
    Pay-2-Win?

♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

Eh, it really depends on how you look at it, Brocker the supposed high ranking Microsoft worker with 20 years in IT, supposed game dev experience, supposed zoologist, supposed astrologist, supposed animal tester was arguing about me doing something wrong even though my stuff actually works and is made in a very optimized way, "you don't need to retopologize your 10 million+ Poly asset! Only *Style* causes lag!" yeah, that's who I am dealing with and who I have to correct when people ask me the legitimate questions around game assets because he greatly misled them. Honestly you have to actually talk to him and see the stuff he pulls while dodging requests of proof around the subject in order to actually see where I am coming from. Vatalia's convo was completely out of context since I said why I thought it was mediocre after that convo, was mostly shading and weird color placements but I won't get into it since some find it boring.

holy cow, a 3rd kickstarter attempt??? Also, this poor unfortunate soul who donated 1300CA$ to this projekt lol
    2005-2009 Ragnarok Online | 2009-2020 WoW | 2019-???? FF XIV
    2016-???? Overwatch

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Don't worry, Edge who I used to be cool with slapped me with the white knight infraction. It's been years since I've had one and to get one for a joke that's not even about someone on this forum is fucking ridiculous. Go fuck yourself bro.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Don't worry, Edge who I used to be cool with slapped me with the white knight infraction. It's been years since I've had one and to get one for a joke that's not even about someone on this forum is fucking ridiculous. Go fuck yourself bro.
    lol he infracts that but lets people openly troll threads.... ahh classy mmo champ mods....
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

What the actual fuck....

We’re officially changing our business model!

We will not require a subscription based model anymore. Instead, what we will do is make the game a Buy-once-play-forever model (BOPF) with a price of $30 USD and then you will be able to purchase cosmetics through either the website store or ingame. We may introduce a subscription at a later date to grow yourself faster or give you extra convenience, but we will not be introducing any pay to win changes.

We hope that with this change, we are able to meet more of the demand of the market as we were alienating those who couldn’t afford it. This change is also final. We will not be reducing the price, changing back to a subscription model, or making it free to play.
    Why, just why, would a tiny indie developer would not just consider a MMORPG, but a subscription based MMORPG in the first place?

Pretty much everyone with a subscription model in the market (besides World of Warcraft & Final Fantasy 14) either shut down or were forced to change the business model, even Star Wars that's like one of the biggest franchises on the planet, what is exactly the thought process behind the "Oh that multi-million dollar company with decades if experience couldn't do it, but me and my buddy here with our 10,000$ Kickstarter will certainly manage it!", my god, this one will certainly end brilliantly as well.
    Pay-2-Win?

What the actual fuck....

Why, just why, would a tiny indie developer would not just consider a MMORPG, but a subscription based MMORPG in the first place?

Pretty much everyone with a subscription model in the market (besides World of Warcraft & Final Fantasy 14) either shut down or were forced to change the business model, even Star Wars that's like one of the biggest franchises on the planet, what is exactly the thought process behind the "Oh that multi-million dollar company with decades if experience couldn't do it, but me and my buddy here with our 10,000$ Kickstarter will certainly manage it!", my god, this one will certainly end brilliantly as well.
    But...they're not? They're making it B2P, not subscription based.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But...they're not? They're making it B2P, not subscription based.
    Yeah, now... they are changing it cuz "feedback", thus why I said "in the first place".
    Pay-2-Win?