Man...you can really see all 60k hard at work making this demo island! Err I mean 2k...the other 58k went to beers and hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    A dagger? Where do I sign up?
    and THREE SWORDS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    and THREE SWORDS!
    And my AXE!

I am offended that they might have fixed the "jerk-off Torch" animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how TenTonHammer actively promote this pile of shit while all but calling Star Citizen a scam, clearly they have a keen eye for quality.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I love how TenTonHammer actively promote this pile of shit while all but calling Star Citizen a scam, clearly they have a keen eye for quality.
    Game recognize game, or to put it another way, piles of shit have to stick together.

That said...wow. So much fail. That combat system is a joke of a concept, they're bragging about a few measly model additions and...snicker...NETWORK CODE...bwaha...bwahahaha...BWAHAHAHAHA!!! NO CRASHES IN 20 HOURS! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! BECAUSE THERE IS NO NETWORK!!!!

Ahhh...this is the gift that keeps on giving, I tell you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Got a link to that? Would be a good read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Game recognize game, or to put it another way, piles of shit have to stick together.

That said...wow. So much fail. That combat system is a joke of a concept, they're bragging about a few measly model additions and...snicker...NETWORK CODE...bwaha...bwahahaha...BWAHAHAHAHA!!! NO CRASHES IN 20 HOURS! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! BECAUSE THERE IS NO NETWORK!!!!

Ahhh...this is the gift that keeps on giving, I tell you.
    Actually, I'm starting to believe they have a server running where you can play the 'game'. They are letting in 250$ donators to shoot combat footage on a 'grand' scale. It's 'playable' but most likely not playable if you get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Got a link to that? Would be a good read.
    Tradewind posted a few links the other day that are a good example of their attitude towards SC;

And also http://www.tentonhammer.com/columns/...g-broken-games
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

I see the point they're trying to make, that SC is soaking up huge donations for what seems questionable purposes in the face of delays on its release and development, but that is a far, FAR cry from what ToA is doing. SC has something anyone can DL and PLAY for the cost of an average game. It's a fairly reputable early access, and comes from a proven game designer. ToA has a bunch of rigged bullshit and a laughably paywalled 'demo' that possesses all the polish and complexity of a toddler's first mud pie. To sit there and call ToA a game in development while suggesting SC is a scam and vaporware is just...okay, I can think of one thing on this order of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdot
    These startling claims come just a few days after prime minister Narendra Modi had called Lord Ganesha who is part elephant and part human, a product of ancient India's knowledge of plastic surgery.

Deleted
    Mkay, SC is asking people to buy 2500$ and 5000$ ships and they sell out in minutes? WTF man. I thought the ToA cash shop was bad. I know SC is more a game than ToA ever will but this is just insane.

Also the dude writing SC articles seems to have a personal vendetta against them. He isn't one of the people who writes about ToA. Perhaps if he did, he'd respond exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mkay, SC is asking people to buy 2500$ and 5000$ ships and they sell out in minutes? WTF man. I thought the ToA cash shop was bad. I know SC is more a game than ToA ever will but this is just insane.
    They're not asking anyone to do anything, time and time again it has been the customers/fans that asked for the ships. The money being spent is full on whack-a-doodle I agree but the option to pay $30 and still get the entire game is perfectly valid.

Also the dude writing SC articles seems to have a personal vendetta against them. He isn't one of the people who writes about ToA. Perhaps if he did, he'd respond exactly the same.
    Perhaps, although from my (limited) experience small-fish websites like TTH are prime suspects for having circle jerk opinions between real life friends that also happen to be 'writers'.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Yeah, I very much got an 'angry little man' vibe from the way he wrote about that, especially the 'this is my opinion piece so I can write whatever I want!' part, which just reeked of sulky 6-year-old.

It's pretty crazy that people would pay that much for a ship in a video game, but people go to charity fundraisers and blow that much if not more for some cause which still remains as unresolved today as it did twenty years ago, so...meh. They don't call it disposable income for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    More testers join as the appointed time approaches. Teddy releases the latest client and there's a frenzy of activity as people patch and install. The server is brought online and we're in!
    Wow, a whole 8 people doing jack shit in the first screen shot and then a screenshot of a person standing in a doorway with everything else too fucking dark to even see..

Where are the screens of the 8v8 battle royale? Where is a fucking gif of what they were doing? I could have people stand in exact spots in WoW, take a screenshot, and call it progress. Still looks like fucking garbage graphics, and I'm sure the "don'ts" are fucking buggy as hell shit they can't fix.

Haha man they think THIS is going to be Kickstarter material to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars? At this rate we'll hardly have to do anything to watch the Kickstarter fail hardcore.

No, it's the Kickstarter material they'll coast along on for as long as they can, soaking up whatever dollars from thoughtless or naive individuals they can lure in. And in the end they'll blame us, the haters and trolls, for not being in love with their physically-based rendered concepts.

Deleted
    Pizzaman the troll is at it again :P

http://trialsofascension.com/forum/t...9/#post-122497

I also like threads like these:

http://trialsofascension.com/forum/t...-and-wax.4469/

I understand wanting some depth in a crafting system, but isn't this taking it a bit far? I just can't understand when people go so in-depth at this shit when there isn't even one proper skill in the game right now. Perhaps only lumberjacking since that's all you can do now anyway. There's more like these threads around, it's certainly not the first.

I also like these heavy crafting systems. I really loved the FTB modpacks in Minecraft for example. It's so advanced and takes a while to learn what everything is for. Perhaps they should ditch ToA and play Life is Feudal because that's apparently what they want. They want a real-life simulator set in medieval times.

I just don't get these type of threads. They want co-operative casting. You can't cast spells yet.

They discuss in-depth creating a piece of paper as mentioned above. You can't even properly cut trees yet.

They discuss building huge settlements with walls and shit. Can only make copy-pasted houses by only clicking shit. Crafting in Diablo 3 at the start of RoS was more interesting.

They want so much, but they have nothing to even begin with. /End rant.

Oh, one last thing. The 'store' has accumulated a total of 66.666$ It really is Satan's plan all along.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2015-01-07 at 07:04 PM.

Pizzaman the troll is at it again :P

http://trialsofascension.com/forum/t...9/#post-122497

I also like threads like these:

http://trialsofascension.com/forum/t...-and-wax.4469/

I understand wanting some depth in a crafting system, but isn't this taking it a bit far? I just can't understand when people go so in-depth at this shit when there isn't even one proper skill in the game right now. Perhaps only lumberjacking since that's all you can do now anyway. There's more like these threads around, it's certainly not the first.

I also like these heavy crafting systems. I really loved the FTB modpacks in Minecraft for example. It's so advanced and takes a while to learn what everything is for. Perhaps they should ditch ToA and play Life is Feudal because that's apparently what they want. They want a real-life simulator set in medieval times.

I just don't get these type of threads. They want co-operative casting. You can't cast spells yet.

They discuss in-depth creating a piece of paper as mentioned above. You can't even properly cut trees yet.

They discuss building huge settlements with walls and shit. Can only make copy-pasted houses by only clicking shit. Crafting in Diablo 3 at the start of RoS was more interesting.

They want so much, but they have nothing to even begin with. /End rant.

Oh, one last thing. The 'store' has accumulated a total of 66.666$ It really is Satan's plan all along.
    You don't get it, man. How dare you mock their vision!?!?! It's gonna be the greatest game ever, you'll see! It'll have fully customizable crafting and dynamic physical based rendering and dragons and magic and tanks and dinosaurs and fucking rad women and sex and blood and fucking rad shit.

At this point the supporters of this game sound more like religious zealots than anything.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You don't get it, man. How dare you mock their vision!?!?!
    I have vision! But I need to wear glasses because it's pretty bad : (

I feel bad when I am mocked for my vision, so I can totally empathize!

It's like has been pointed out before. There are people who really wish they could be immersed in a game like that, and the sad thing is that ToA is promising them they can, and some of them are falling for it. I know this is a gross exaggeration, but they are similar to drug addicts who get high that one magical first time and then spend the rest of their addiction chasing that high again, never quite recapturing it.

They had that magical first MMO experience when it was shiny and new and it was an amazing world to explore and play in. After a time it became just another game, or a chore, and they started blaming everyone for removing their shiny magical experience and seeking a way to recapture it. No new games seem to offer what it is they think made it magical.

Then along comes ToA...and they say they understand, that's how they feel, they want that same magic back too, and if you'll just believe in them and their vision, they will make it all real. It just needs support. And time. And support. And time. And support.