Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Someone made a post advertising ToA on teso-rp.com so I quoted Azrile's post from this thread's OP in there (with credit) of course. Don't want innocent folks to be pulled in and scammed.

http://www.teso-rp.com/forum/m/93246...post/last#last
    How tacky, to advertise your "game" on another game's forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha the Star Citizen forums already lit up their post. They have been making threads in all sorts of other games. These people are so sad. Post 3 if you are interested
    Thumbs up to voodoo.child who said:
    You've made two posts ever in your entire existence on these forums?!? Both about this game?

Smells like spam to me... zero credibility to be making recommendations, my bet is you are hitting up any and all game forums you can find to drum up support for a project that may or may not be worth it. Before making recommendations to the community about games you might want to, I dunno, become part of the community. Sorry HauntedHat, you have zero credibility with me and this reeks of spam. Not one post anywhere else, nothing about Star Citizen ever... two posts, you create this thread and defend it when someone points out it's taken 10 years to get off the ground.

No thanks I'll pass on this one, and frankly kind of resent your post and you even being here. Maybe the game is cool, but you are nothing but a spammer. You did not back Star Citizen, you do not care about Star Citizen, you do not belong to this community. You registered, without backing, on the same day you made these posts. You are here with a clear agenda, and it reflects badly on the project you are spamming for. I hope you are just an enthused fan who crossed the line and not officially tied to this project.... I am willing to bet if I look at other crowdfunded game's forums I am going to find the exact same post copied and pasted...
    See FC? Not everyone is stupid!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax- View Post
    I have noticed a drop off over on the forums, in terms of interest, and postings; and any "excitement" that is there, just feels forced. I like to hold out hope, but I just can't any longer.
    I guess they're too busy with ks to man alts. All that hype and people lose interest upon ks. Taking all that money with the store and they're trying to take more with ks....shameless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yep, cos like you say, they thought they could outsource the whole thing. So their logic was 'Build Hype = Get Money = Hire Programmers = Get Game'.
    More like Build Hype = Get Money = Bro Down.

Apparently we are the Decepticons and the bubonic plague.

Cyberplague ?

Deleted
    My guess is that you are/were Android. I have not seen him much of late and he started to really question things in a good way, then has sort of faded from the boards.

For some, (most here, I am sure,) my investment of $1000 was stupid and or foolish. That's fine. My wife and I make a 110 times that amount annually, so I don't see it as much of a loss. To me, I guess I can now see it as an investment in Teddy. At least that's how someone put it to me recently, and that's a bit of a salve, to me. In the end ToA might not happen, but at least he got to cut his teeth a little on this little project.
    You caught me! I'm not surprised you caught on since I've locked horns with you a few times about the game eh. I'm sure I'll make an official statement or two on the ToA forums once the evidence comes to light - the devs'll probably have read this by then though and prepared their alt responses. At least you've made your peace with what to do about the money now that it's gone. I think you're right about Teddy though; I hope he can put this behind him and use it as a good stepping stone - as far as I know he made the most of what was there.

Deleted
    Guys. I am so excited for this.

Whoops, forgot to relog to Myobi for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYouth View Post
    You caught me! I'm not surprised you caught on since I've locked horns with you a few times about the game eh. I'm sure I'll make an official statement or two on the ToA forums once the evidence comes to light - the devs'll probably have read this by then though and prepared their alt responses. At least you've made your peace with what to do about the money now that it's gone. I think you're right about Teddy though; I hope he can put this behind him and use it as a good stepping stone - as far as I know he made the most of what was there.
    It would have been my guess as well, since there were so few people over there that were even slightly negative to ToA and how they handled things. But I hardly read most of the stuff over there so I would have missed other potential targets to guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    How tacky, to advertise your "game" on another game's forum.
    Yeah they've hit as far as I can tell at least 5 other game's forums to post about the upcoming KS. I think the most interesting debate is on the elder scrolls forum. They are having confusion about the paywall that was in place to get to the demo though. I don't feel like making an account to post over there but I'd love to correct some of that information. They don't seem to know that there was a huge paywall just to unlock the chance to get in the testing phase of the tech demo. I believe that amount was like 500 bucks at one point, and at another point it was donate X money to unlock a vote into a drawing for a vote. I know it changed a few times, but it was still paywall central.

Good to see this thread alive and well after so long. The popcorn-fest really is never-ending.

Haha anything they can do to try and slow us down I guess Myobi

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Just curious, is this something the upcoming info-bomb will address with any hard data?

Yep, cos like you say, they thought they could outsource the whole thing. So their logic was 'Build Hype = Get Money = Hire Programmers = Get Game'. They laser-focused on building hype by any means necessary, hence why they used to be so quick to defend their game and ask for proof of their shenanigans cos they wanted to plug holes and hide evidence. It's been plain for some time they took this thread as a real threat given the way they toned down their rhetoric after we mocked their insane cultish reactions to those terribad screenshots and pointed out how the Alexa data has been skewed repeatedly over time.

I think the AMA and the TTH farce are their attempt at a Hail Mary play. Something on another website that at least seems like it's what a legit game in development could do, doesn't matter if it works, just that it appears to work, to shore up their Kickstarter. Could it be that proposed 20k is gone? They don't have any money left but what they staked in themselves to fake their first Kickstarter's takeoff, so now they're trying again?
    Indirectly we are showing that the $60k number is fabricated. Most of the alts the devs were using on the forums were also given the badges for being high donors.

The money is really interesting... because if they had raised even $20k, they could have bought a lot more stuff then they did. The entire ´server´ tech thing they are using is $90, the spawner system is $5, the name-thingie they bought was $20. They probably spent less than $500 total on contracting people and buying stuff off of the Unity Asset store. There is also the issue of Teddy, but I do believe he is just part-time and probably came cheap. He doesn´t have much experience and really didn´t accomplish much except plugging in the stuff they bought. Most of what they showed in those videos are all systems that come with that $90 ´MMORPG kit´.

What I did not see with that money was artwork and animations. With even $3000, they could have flooded us with videos of really good animals, monsters, NPCs along with some really good terrain artwork. But everything we saw ( very little) was stuff that comes free with Unity. They easily could have bought a few hundred game-ready animals and monsters. I honestly think their experience with that spider scared them. They bought that spider and it took a nighmarish amount of time to get it animated and in the game, I think they believed if they bought all those animal assets they wouldn´t have been able to get them into the game either.

It is a mystery how much they actually collected from their cashshop. I just guessed $20k based on Teddy and a few things they bought, along with the fact that during their last Kickstarter, they had that $40k show up from 4 pledges on day 1, which was obviously insider money.

- - - Updated - - -

To me, I guess I can now see it as an investment in Teddy. At least that's how someone put it to me recently, and that's a bit of a salve, to me. In the end ToA might not happen, but at least he got to cut his teeth a little on this little project.
    Is there any evidence he was on salary? I am really hoping they didn´t trick him into working for a part of the KS funds. Seeing as they were forcing people to sign NDA agreements even to do the most basic stuff, I am sure he will never be able to talk about his experience after all this is over.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, they are getting serious with this ´legal´ stuff, we are getting some contacts ourselves involving some of the stuff we are doing. Also apparently they are spam emailing the admins of some of the third party websites warning them that some of their mods are about to release IP addresses of users. Doesn´t really matter at this point, because we already have the IP addresses.

I also imagine they tried to contact the host of my freebie website the same way they went after Myobi, but it doesn´t matter because I was very careful to stay away from trademark infringements.. My ToA stands for Trials of Ascammer, and I used the word Ascension to describe the bonus rewards available in the cash shop. I really can´t be held responsible if Google erroneously assumes my site TOA is about Trials of Ascension since {Trials of Ascension} never directly occurs on my site.

Anyway... lets see what other legal stuff the bring.. pretty funny.. maybe that is where they spent the $60k.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to add a link. ToA said they couldn´t finish ´one spell´ because of time constraints. Here is a Unity tutorial that teaches you exactly how to do it, in about 15mins. There is an entire series to this tutorial that teaches you how to make a basic shooter game from start to finish and they give you all the art assets so you can follow right along. The entire game takes 10 hours to make. There are 10 1-hour tutorial videos. The part about making a projectile spell that hits and damages the enemy is a part of 7th video. (labeled 107 on this page).

ToA had years, $60k, and 6 devs, and they could not repeat what this video teaches you to do in well less than an hour. Edit... and I just noticed that entire lesson series is labelled ´beginner´..

http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/p...rvival-shooter
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-02-16 at 07:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quite funny. I found Android to be one of the few sane people on their forums. A bunch of pages back I even said so.

Two dudes who are beyond repair are Bowen and HappyWulf.

I'm glad some of you guys are starting to see that this ToA is going nowhere. Most likely there's a bunch of others who do not wish to speak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Just...wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRP1pw5zu8 Trials of Ascension has Pa-Pa-POWER!

/facedesk

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptables View Post
    Just...wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRP1pw5zu8 Trials of Ascension has Pa-Pa-POWER!

/facedesk
    W T F...that may be a year old, but still hella cringeworthy even today. Good lord
    Know what makes it even funnier? The youtube comments and votes. You can tell this was back when they upvoted and positive commented EVERYTHING now matter how terribad it was.

Deleted
    Haha! How did you think of youtubing his account

Hilarious.

Almost as funny as HappyWulf in his furry costume (It's on his reddit account). Seriously, I admire when someone is passionate about something, but there are limits.

Hilarious.

Almost as funny as HappyWulf in his furry costume (It's on his reddit account). Seriously, I admire when someone is passionate about something, but there are limits.
    Limits you don't share with others, haha

Deleted
    Quite funny. I found Android to be one of the few sane people on their forums. A bunch of pages back I even said so.

I'm glad some of you guys are starting to see that this ToA is going nowhere. Most likely there's a bunch of others who do not wish to speak out.
    Well thank you for considering me to be sane. I've been here for some time and at first I was quite sceptical because of some of the shouty nature of some of the posts, especially the ones which seem to suggest pleasure from watching the game die. That is what I think most of ToA who are concerned sees. They are convinced that you are all trolls who just wanna see the world burn; and lets face it, to an extent, you are. But at least you all have a fairly valid reason.

Bowen is one of the old guard. He's been waiting for ToA to happen for several years I think; my theory about the super-hardcore-followed-for-10yrs-people is that they've been waiting for so long that they would accept a game of any quality without so much as blinking, as long as it had the ToA label. They're all really nice people so personally, I think that's how they justify it to themselves; (It's okay that the graphics are bad: I just want the game to exist, lets worry about that stuff later etc.,etc.)

What I am surprised about is someone else who is a fairly prominent supporter agreeing with me, but I guess everybody will realise what's going on eventually. There's just too much that doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I guess someone got mad, my question is, why does someone cares removing a screen shot of something that is public?
    Frund please, it's okay, I got 2 choices now, upload them somewhere else, or simply hand over the sources to people :3

- - - Updated - - -

Kay, the removed screen shots were:

Pizzaman Thread P1 - New: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...62647664660891
    Pizzaman Thread P4 - New: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...21823855086314
    Pizzaman Thread P7 - New: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...45687702192247
    “I am the only one programming” - New: http://s4.postimg.org/4evxs8in1/Teddy1.jpg
    “ToA-con” - New: http://s16.postimg.org/g4cvnm5ph/toacon.jpg

I'll be re-uploading them right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Done! It's a matter of time to the rest of Mega links follow the same way ~
    I'll just have everything else re-uploaded somewhere else
    Can you use imgur? It's free.

- - - Updated - - -

/facedesk
    He sounds like he's drugged or severely disabled. Take a breath!

- - - Updated - - -

Hilarious.

What an audience! So who's gonna play toa dressed as Gandalf, Captain America, that blue girl from Avatar, or Hawk from Seven Deadly Sins?

/facedesk
    "That was awesome!!! Lots of personality and it gives great information in a short message." -Cyntavia Seney

I would substitute personality for insanity. Maybe extreme funboism at the least.

As for the "gives great information".....no comment needed

Deleted
    I even stuck up for you when you first came here. Some people were expecting another fanboy, we've seen it before in this thread.

But by acting like that we're behaving exactly as the people on ToA which is bad.

Didn't expect you to be Android though.

I was bothered that they decided NOT to have projectile combat in the demo because of some sort of server stability stuff. To me, that's a big thing for "proof of concept," especially since their arrows will not have auto targets. Letting potential players try that and find it fun would have been important, I think. Granted, I know a lot of players would hate that design choice, but that is how it works in real life physics. You fire, and it's gone. That appeals to me, and that friendly fire matters. I do think they are going to have a spell fire in the video. Brax talked about one spell firing in the demo video very clearly, so I would bet that will be in there.

They are talking about a surprise or two in the video. My guess is the spell will be part of that.