This thread just keeps delivering. Seriously it is the "mail man" of MMO champ.

The posts from the so called developers just seems oh so similar to the ToA guys. The videos you've put up looks terrible but thats besides the point. For 3 years worth of work you have less than a basic game. Hell there is a Pet Dog simulator on steam for £2 it looks like complete crap but its a game at least. Do your self a favour, don't bother responding to this forum, make no further announcements and work on the "game" until its actually at a realistic point to be shown to the world. Anything else is just pure fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Now that just makes everything awkward. The personal story bit didn't help either.
    Yeah horible. Also 300 pages.

That topic is golden:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...eeper/comments
    Last edited by Yunru; 2015-04-13 at 10:48 AM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Why was he threatening someone with legal action then using the guys real name (and trying to elude to the guys last name). Seems like someone blowing hot air and thumping his chest to get people to back down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

That topic is golden:
    He speaks of being a business man yet still depends on his mom to take care of his bank account. I'm curious if he can even cook. Maybe bake an egg or something, but even that might be asked too much.

I know those comment are old but I would love to see who are on his team

Also, forgive me if this has been posted before, I didn't read the first few pages of the GM stuff because I didn't understand most of it. This is his biography on the KS page:

Jason, though not a programmer (20 years graphic and web design experience, business management and marketing) has been a successful business man and entrepreneur since his first company out of High School. An avid gamer since Maniac Mansion, his first MMORPG love was Ultima Online and still plays it on and off to this day. Since his childhood, Jason's dream was to design and develop a video game. His success in the music business and as one of the countries top Pro/Am Mixed Martial Arts Promoters has given him the resources and marketing savvy needed to establish a skilled and experienced team capable of bringing his dream to life. Being the first and only Pro/Am Promoter to broadcast live on national television, not to mention building the careers of some of StrikeForce and UFC's most dominant fighters, Appleton has proven his abilities time and again to dive into a new industry and establish himself as a trailblazer in anything he touches.
    Is it known at what he was so successfull? He appears to me like a huge fail of a person judging by the huge chat log for instance. I also like how this gets spoken in third person. Is that normal for Kickstarter?
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2015-04-13 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    He speaks of being a business man yet still depends on his mom to take care of his bank account. I'm curious if he can even cook. Maybe bake an egg or something, but even that might be asked too much.

Best bit was he did not even get his goal met, and ofc he thought of spinners before they were invented apparently. True story.

Wow, who would've thought you guys would have been able to create 300-pages of pure entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Now that just makes everything awkward. The personal story bit didn't help either.
    I think it's fake. How would she know he's on a boat, and for another 15 mins? If she called him and asked for permission to pass out his number, he'd be expecting him to call. Isp's don't do that cause they can be in heaps of legal shit for giving personal data to random possible stalkers or killers.

Read these comments from bottom to top.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, forgive me if this has been posted before, I didn't read the first few pages of the GM stuff because I didn't understand most of it. This is his biography on the KS page:

Is it known at what he was so successfull? He appears to me like a huge fail of a person judging by the huge chat log for instance. I also like how this gets spoken in third person. Is that normal for Kickstarter?
    Nice catch. Looks like he had a bad writer who wrote that in the wrong perspective, and he didn't care to proof read.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy 300!

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I think it's fake. How would she know he's on a boat, and for another 15 mins? If she called him and asked for permission to pass out his number, he'd be expecting him to call. Isp's don't do that cause they can be in heaps of legal shit for giving personal data to random possible stalkers or killers.

Read these comments from bottom to top.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice catch. Looks like he had a bad writer who wrote that in the wrong perspective, and he didn't care to proof read.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy 300!
    You guys and your tiny posts per page. 150 Pages here.

Wow.. suddenly a 180 degrees turnaround, and Sir Appleton is holiest of holy.. that's totally not fishy at all, or wait!

The ego on this guy fucking crack me up. "Appleton has proven his abilities time and again to dive into a new industry and establish himself as a trailblazer in anything he touches.". Could you be any more of a douche? Jesus (waiting for him to claim he's actually Jesus as well). The spinning rims thing too, that's fucking gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    I think the typo (fairy=ferry) in that story was the funniest thing I'd read all day:

"Ok Jason, wait 15 minutes and call this number. He should be getting off the fairy! Ok?" she said.
    What you don't ride on the backs of water fairies to cross a river?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

That topic is golden:
    I love how all the comments are just him and some guy going back and forth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I feel dumb for overlooking that. Welp that'll teach me to not stay up late with Nyquil flowing through my body.

Sounds like the kind of puffy bullshit that gets spun on resumes all across the world, heavy on buzzwords and trendspeak. It's just the FDA-maybe-approved Dollar Store brand instead of something from a reputable company.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Sounds like the kind of puffy bullshit that gets spun on resumes all across the world, heavy on buzzwords and trendspeak. It's just the FDA-maybe-approved Dollar Store brand instead of something from a reputable company.
    Indeed. I can see Blizzard devs (And more companies with such reputations) being formulated by that. But everyone knows being at Blizzard means you have the skills. And most likely it's been noted in what companies or on what games they have worked.

This guy, is just one guy nobody knows about. No companies are mentioned. I can make such a bullshit description aswell. Stating I'm a pro ahtlete who's played at the top league in ice hockey and midget golf. None of you guys can proof me otherwise anyway, specially if I use a lot of fancy words :P

You are confusing the two people. Jason is the MMA fight promoter who actually started Greedmonger and got it funded. James is the lead developer he hired who is the one on disability that lives with his mother and doesn´t have a bank account. Jason was the one buying all the crap that James said he needed, and James is the one who made the crap game.

Last week, Jason finally called it quits on Greedmonger and gave everything to James ( and Joel). The general opinion has always been that Jason walked away with all the money, and poor James was left for 3 years to build a game with no resources and by himself. But then for some reason ( our entertainment?).. James released their skype chat logs... that IMHO show that Jason did actually try to build the game, did hire a lot of people and gave James everything he wanted. James bought all kinda stupid crap he said was vital, but then would abandon it two days after Jason bought it for him.

Jason is an arrogant douchebag, very naive regarding building a MMO. But from the chatlogs, he did seem to honestly want to build the game and did seem fairly reasonable. His biggest failing was that because he had no tech training at all, he was at the mercy of the things James was telling him, which were mostly really stupid things, but Jason had no way to know. As crazy as it seems, Joel here in this thread is doing the exact same thing.. he is talking about team-building and his leadership skills, but then when you press him, he just parrots all the tech stuff that James has been telling him... which is all false crap and half-truths.... like the stuff about UMA2 a few pages ago.

The problem with GreedMonger has always been that because Jason is such an asshole, that James got sympathy. But it was James that has been lying to the backers for 3 years about the progress he is making... and always, just when he is about to show something ( always in 2-3 weeks) something bad happens that is completely not his fault and he kicks the can down the road for 2 more weeks. I was even on James´ side until I read the chat logs and then went back and read how he had been lying for the past few years. How can a lead developer honestly say that alpha is 2 weeks away.... 2 years before it launches.

Both James and Jason had the same opinion that you could just buy stuff from the asset store, install it, and end up with a MMORPG. James also seems to be very big on ´tweaking´ things and then saying he created it. At one point in the chat log, he even brags about paying $100 for something that he planned to use later and say was his own, which is now one of those half-finished things on his resume.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-04-13 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You are confusing the two people. Jason is the MMA fight promoter who actually started Greedmonger and got it funded. James is the lead developer he hired who is the one on disability that lives with his mother and doesn´t have a bank account. Jason was the one buying all the crap that James said he needed, and James is the one who made the crap game.
    It is for this very reason that I prefer to refer to them as Appleton (Jason) and Proctor (James). Both names have enough structural similarity to get mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    It is for this very reason that I prefer to refer to them as Appleton (Jason) and Proctor (James). Both names have enough structural similarity to get mixed up.
    yeah, I should probably do that. It is funny to mix them up though, because they are totally different. Jason is like 6´3 and a muscular guy with a hot wife who is now doing a reality TV show about ´swingers´.. James Proctor is a sniveling pasty-white kid who looks the part..someone who is 30 and still lives at home with his mother.

Appleton

And the infamous James Proctor video regarding Ferguson
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-04-13 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    A mod should change the title of this thread to something like "Shady crowdfunding shoot down". The title is no longer relevant to what is being discussed.
    just a temporary thing.. if anything they should just add ´greedmonger´ in the title. You want to have game names and company names in the title for SEO.

Also, it is very likely that both games will be dead in the next couple months, so no reason for this thread to exist afterwards. We can probably start a ´semi-scam kickstarter games´ thread. But really, the majority of game on their now aren´t scams. The guys who found Unity and Kickstarter in 2012 are disappearing fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    A mod should change the title of this thread to something like "Shady crowdfunding shoot down". The title is no longer relevant to what is being discussed.
    No, it'll mess up google again.

Deleted
    ok, forgive me for 'mis-quoting' Appleton then.

Proctor is the useless dude in this particular story then.

What's the general stance about Appleton then? Honest guy who had to unfortunately deal with Proctor? I'm still a bit puzzled about this particular story, them being called almost identical only made me more confused :P