I've got a feeling that this post might get swept away in the "regular" posters chat, but here goes!

I've been following this thread for a good few months now. I've only actually just remembered to subscribe to it, as I normally see it pop-up from time to time on the recent forum posts section of the MMOC frontpage. Everytime is another amazing insight into not only the utter dross that people enjoy, but also how low some people can sink in order to earn/scam some money.

After taking a look over at the ToA forums and seeing that Gassy Goblin guy like every single post, is just...it made my mind go numb. It's sad to think that this guy (who has his own website mind, even makes some fairly okay computer art), is being used by the ToA "devs". Just someone that clearly wants to dream big, but is being shat on by a guy who clearly dosn't want to work, but wants 110% of the profit that someone else is making.

As for someone sharing that link to -TheBraxton looking for a "Make your own MMO Guide", surely that's either an elaborate troll or Brax himself? No-one else, going by that name, wanting to find that information is going to be on the internet; though it is a large enough place that it could be a coincidence. Some of the replys in that thread are genious though.

ON-TOPIC:

As for what ToA has in store for funding their game, my prediction is a subscription. Ellysa (spelling), their comunity manager is saying that they've got videos, art, concept ideas etc to share. None of this is going to be public knowledge though, I'll bet that you'll have to either join their patreon or subscribe to them. Monthly they'll give another "Our plans are slowly coming together..." video with a really shody hand-drawn picture of a dragon and it'll cost you £15. They'll add something into this subscription that it's only to fund more concept content, not actuall game content, thus yet again never actually needing to make a game but doing what they do best - talking about making a game.

Imagine that, people paying a subscription, for a game that dosn't exist!

This is probably how they're funding the two-best-buddys-from-college programmers. If/when they coble something together, they'll get a 20% cut of what-ever this subscription money is. Except that Brax and co. can just keep upping the feature creep, thus keeping the game constantly in development AND helping to put out more videos/concept art/forum posts.

Why/how those two guys ever signed up to help make this MMO is beyond me though. I suppose if one of them is into DnD and the other has made his own "Demo Island" in the past maybe it's enough interest to want to create a game of your own, but why would you ever team up with the ToA staff? They're total boobs, with no experience, no roadmap and no hope in hell of actually making a game that's fun for a single person, let alone an MMO!

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Why cut spiders when they're semi done? Dragons can't be cut cause $60k paid for them. There's no combat or permadeath to cut, only ceo's, sand and wood chopping.
    All they did was emailed everyone on their forums or contractors that ever mentioned having any experience with Unity and invited them to be part of the team for a cut on the ´profits´ when the game is released. So you have a bunch of random people ´working´ on the game, but nobody is actually doing any real work. They probably have IRC chat meetings once a week, but that is about it.

Meanwhile, Greedmonger which supposedly hired a team a few months ago was not able to do a stress test because Proctor had the sniffles.

Both games will be in a permanent state of forum development.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-05-07 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    All they did was emailed everyone on their forums or contractors that ever mentioned having any experience with Unity and invited them to be part of the team for a cut on the ´profits´ when the game is released. So you have a bunch of random people ´working´ on the game, but nobody is actually doing any real work. They probably have IRC chat meetings once a week, but that is about it.

Meanwhile, Greedmonger which supposedly hired a team a few months ago was not able to do a stress test because Proctor had the sniffles.

Both games will be in a permanent state of forum development.
    Haha in the case of GM how fucking pathetic is that anyways? Oh noes I got sick so I couldn't do the stress test! Bitch your ass better be in the hospital in a catatonic state otherwise do the fucking stress test you pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha in the case of GM how fucking pathetic is that anyways? Oh noes I got sick so I couldn't do the stress test! Bitch your ass better be in the hospital in a catatonic state otherwise do the fucking stress test you pussy.
    Update from Procto

The rebrand WILL be including a name change. Basically everything will be redone just keeping the core features in place that were promised during our KS Campaign.

So it is the same people and same game, just a new company and new game name. Sure Proctor, that is going to fly.... I am sure nooooobody will mention that on your Steam page....

Update from Procto

The rebrand WILL be including a name change. Basically everything will be redone just keeping the core features in place that were promised during our KS Campaign.

So it is the same people and same game, just a new company and new game name. Sure Proctor, that is going to fly.... I am sure nooooobody will mention that on your Steam page....
    Someone pick up the phone, Azrile fucking called it.

As we said though doubt the "stress" test would go ahead, sure enough it did not. Now this little gem which you predicted would happen about a name change sure enough it comes along.

At the very least reading up on what they are doing is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    They'll add something into this subscription that it's only to fund more concept content, not actuall game content
    See, ideas are free; if they're so passionate about their dream, they shouldn't outsource someone else's vision.

- - - Updated - - -

Update from Procto

It's as predicted? GM scrapped and recycled? That didn't take long! So it'll be another game with some features? That's not what ks paid for. Did Joel follow through and send out the t-shirts? He said he already paid Jason for them.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-05-07 at 01:42 PM.

This sounds like another excuse that will be used to push everything back. "Oh it's not ready yet/looks like shit because we had to scrap everything except the core features!!" Where have we heard that before?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Update from Procto

But bro it totally isn't GM anymore! They get a clean slate! LOL these people crack me up. They really think they are going to skate away free by doing dumb shit like that? Soon enough it'll be "This project has been cancelled due to X and we're proud to talk up our NEW game blah blah blah"

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    This sounds like another excuse that will be used to push everything back. "Oh it's not ready yet/looks like shit because we had to scrap everything except the core features!!" Where have we heard that before?
    You're right! No game means no stress test! They're scrapping everything when it's finally ready for testing? Will this be the 4th simultaneous version?

You're right! No game means no stress test! They're scrapping everything when it's finally ready for testing? Will this be the 4th simultaneous version?
    'We knew that Kickstarter just wasn't going to be able to fulfill our vision of the game. So come on out and support our totally new and fresh IP, Mongreeder!'

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah guys shuddup, is none of your business! Just because you guys donated over 60,000$ because they supposedly didn't had means to fund their own bloody project you think you have the right to know stuffs!?! Oh man…

Blind stu*** co** su****** fuc***** people.
    ToA NDA: We need your money. Why you ask? Fuck you! That's why!

Oh, so not only didn't they do the testing on April 25th, they didn't do their scheduled test on May 2nd. They didn't even bother to communicate the cancellations on the thread specifically for Public Stress Test dates.

But don't worry, Proctor has recovered from the sniffles to post this:

Like I said else where I was sick yesterday and ran into some issues with the build. We will be having some news this week though so stay tuned.
    Can't someone hit Proctor upside the head to get the needle unstuck from the record?

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    Can't someone hit Proctor upside the head to get the needle unstuck from the record?
    Where is that idiot...err person who controls GreedMonger at anyways? He was all in this thread talking all that good shit and then even more fails keep happening. I know we told him to shut up and focus on the game but we can tell they aren't even doing that!

And those sniffls Proctor had to recover from, hardcore intense sniffles man!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And those sniffls Proctor had to recover from, hardcore intense sniffles man!
    Disability sniffles, even.

Both of these development teams are just so predictable because they have no experience, have no logic skills and appear to have very little business or in the case of Proctor, real life experience. You want to predict what they will do, pretend they are 13 year olds. They simply throw up the first ´plan´ that seems like a good idea an run with it without thinking anything through, and without being able to draw on experience to see the likely outcome.

I am not a genius, but I knew as soon as they hired Teddy that it would not take long until he got fed up with working with incompetent bosses and would blow up. The new devs are going to go the opposite route since this is hobby project for them.. they are just going to fade away. They will start out a little gung-ho to learn stuff, but the more they learn, the more they realize how little progress they are making, and their hobby will take a back-burner to other things in their life. In the end, they will be forum devs also.. they will post occasionally assuring people they are still involved, but there will be no progress on the actual game. They will use all the right PR words to show their commitment, but outside of the forums, they won´t be doing much.

GreedMonger.. also easy to predict. They are going to launch a new game, and use all new art assets that they already bought but hadn´t shown. The priest, the elf girl, the hogman will all be replaced by different art.... everything else will be GreedMonger, just with a different name. They will try to bury the fact that the new game is just GreedMonger with a new name, and then they will try to show the ´new art´ as progress they have made, but it is really just using different art assets that they had already bought anyway. From what I understand, Appleton had bought all of the major art assets from the store right after the KS... that is a ton of stuff.

A sign that your game is in trouble... you have a stress test and nobody shows up. A sign that your game is dead ... you fail to have a scheduled stress test and nobody notices. ( except for us).

A sign that your game is in trouble... you have a stress test and nobody shows up. A sign that your game is dead ... you fail to have a scheduled stress test and nobody notices. ( except for us).
    And honestly, I don't know if we would have even noticed if Proctor hadn't been in here running his mouth about how the stress test would dispel our doubts about GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    And honestly, I don't know if we would have even noticed if Proctor hadn't been in here running his mouth about how the stress test would dispel our doubts about GM.
    Pretty much. Greedmonger was mentioned as an aside way back when, but the focus was on ToA. It was only when they finally tried to reboot their IP with the studio switch and came out to start talking it up we even added it to our target list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Pretty much. Greedmonger was mentioned as an aside way back when, but the focus was on ToA. It was only when they finally tried to reboot their IP with the studio switch and came out to start talking it up we even added it to our target list.
    All fine with me. I enjoy reading up about these fails. My focus is still on ToA, but I do like to read up about the Greedmonger drama

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    All fine with me. I enjoy reading up about these fails. My focus is still on ToA, but I do like to read up about the Greedmonger drama
    Speaking of, looks like they tried hosting some kind of live chat thing last night via Google. They claim they'll be doing it weekly from now on, too. And for extra lulz, they claim it'll be uploaded to YouTube. I can see it now:

Greedmonger Putzes: Blah blah blee blaw company branding blee bloo blah.

*crickets chirping*

Greedmonger Putzes: Right, blee blah branding bloo company blaw.

Totally Not A Shill To Hide The Fact No One Gives A Shit About Our Game Anymore: What about blee blah bloo blow?

Greedmonger Putzes: An excellent question! To that we blah blee bloo blaw...

etc. etc. etc.

Deleted
    np, 2 likes. Huge hangout! Probably not even hitting the ToA live streaming event of ~50 people.