Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Looks like the hype is already cooling down on their forums after that PvP thread finally stopped for a bit, of course Brax had to stop by and be a bitch to Fornax: "Feel free to keep coming by, Fornax. Even being as snarky and pissy (your words, not mine) as you've been lately, I still consider you a valuable community member, but that doesn't give you a pass at disobeying the rules we've had in place forever.

I know the general feeling towards FC right now. You and others have done a great job at making that ABUNDANTLY clear. None the less, we are moving forward (the details of which will be announced shortly) and if you'd like to help with that, GREAT!; just keep all non-constructive comments to yourself or post them elsewhere. If you think otherwise and there is no changing your mind, I recommend you move on to other things in your gaming life that bring you fun and joy. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. "

Yeah man only be constructive over there so they can look like there is a real community that gives a shit! And keep waiting for that plan!!!
    Well, as Myobi can certainly attest, the FC forums have two sets of rules:

1) Clearly stated (if somewhat ambiguous) rules that are adhered to when someone is being negative towards FC/ToA. Not necessarily negative to other people, just FC/ToA.

2) Unstated rules that give a pass to the first set of rules when someone is being supportive of FC/ToA, even when they're being outright hostile and negative to others.

It can't just be coincidence that it's always Brax who handles forum moderation and bans posters/delets posts.

Yeah, psycho PvP guy refuses any correction to his ULTIMATE SOLUTION(echoing) or discussion that the ULTIMATE SOLUTION(still echoing) might not have to be the way it is, Fornax expresses frustration at his boneheaded BS and the fact people are still hammering away at shit like this when THE GAME IS NOT MOVING FORWARD AT ALL and Brax gets all snotty at him for expressing that. Guess he didn't get his weekly beer and hookers fix...

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yeah, psycho PvP guy refuses any correction to his ULTIMATE SOLUTION(echoing) or discussion that the ULTIMATE SOLUTION(still echoing) might not have to be the way it is, Fornax expresses frustration at his boneheaded BS and the fact people are still hammering away at shit like this when THE GAME IS NOT MOVING FORWARD AT ALL and Brax gets all snotty at him for expressing that. Guess he didn't get his weekly beer and hookers fix...
    And this was after a few pleas from Embercant for anyone (but especially someone from FC) to acknowledge and respond to his AWESOME SOLUTION THAT CANNOT BE WRONG; even going so far as to question why FC could respond to other threads but not his.

I personally find it hilarious how some of them utterly tunnel on one gameplay aspect that, in relation to the game even being made, is utterly insignificant then get upset when others attempt to point out the positioning of the cart relative to the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    And this was after a few pleas from Embercant for anyone (but especially someone from FC) to acknowledge and respond to his AWESOME SOLUTION THAT CANNOT BE WRONG; even going so far as to question why FC could respond to other threads but not his.

I personally find it hilarious how some of them utterly tunnel on one gameplay aspect that, in relation to the game even being made, is utterly insignificant then get upset when others attempt to point out the positioning of the cart relative to the horse.
    just highlights the norm of how clueless the devs and the koolaid drinkers are. Let's talk about complex aspects of the game THAT DOES NOT EXIST as a playable game outside of some god awful fucking demo.

just highlights the norm of how clueless the devs and the koolaid drinkers are. Let's talk about complex aspects of the game THAT DOES NOT EXIST as a playable game outside of some god awful fucking demo.
    But it'll exist! You'll see! Cos Half-Life 2 was vaporware forever so that PROVES ToA will come out...

Oh god I see the light! Just because one game was rumored to be vaporware (and not that I believe that shit either) it means that other vaporware games will get released now! Woo hoo! We can play ToA AND GM! HAWT!

Talon-Thorn

If they're smart -- after the recent feedback -- they won't tell us what is going on with funding until it no longer matters.

There is no need for us to know. Transparency is something investors like to have but don't always get -- but the general public never should have.
    My head is full of wat

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    My head is full of wat
    It's ok guys. No one needs transparency. What customers really need is deceit and diversion!

/JackNicholsonYouCan'tHandleTheTruth
    BAD WOLF

If they're smart -- after the recent feedback -- they won't tell us what is going on with funding until it no longer matters.

There is no need for us to know. Transparency is something investors like to have but don't always get -- but the general public never should have.
    That may be the dumbest thing I've read so far with the whole ToA debacle, especially given their well-documented past. Jesus.

Talon-Thorn

My head is full of wat
    You can´t have it both ways. This is the problem the devs of ToA and GM don´t understand. You cannot create forums, do interviews, hype your game all over the place.. and then not provide basic answers to common questions...

I agree with Talon completely.... right up until the point where the Devs did two Kickstarters, had a cash-rob shop and continue to talk about the game and their new scam-plan.

or to put it simply.. if you put yourself in a place where you have fans demanding transparency, then you must provide that transparency. If you don´t want to be transparent, then close all this shit-fuck stuff down and develop the game without anyone knowing about it.

GreedMonger ´lead developer´ installed two add-ons created by other people.. and now has been talking like he has been a developer for 4 years. ToA has been doing interviews for gaming websites for over 13 years, and at this moment, do not have anything that is playable. GreedMonger has spent $100,000 of players money, and ToA has spent $67,000 of players money to create nothing.. and yet they don´t think they need to be transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    That may be the dumbest thing I've read so far with the whole ToA debacle, especially given their well-documented past. Jesus.
    Even worse is that Talon-thorn is the one that has the old old forum stuff archived.

Talon-Thorn

My head is full of wat
    What a psychotic twit! That's a new level of stupidity.

Even worse is that Talon-thorn is the one that has the old old forum stuff archived.
    I'd forgotten about that. Wow, that's a special kind of stupid right there.

Are we sure he isn't Brax in disguise? I really don't want to believe anyone else could be this delusional.

Some people will flex and bend their beliefs and ideals like boiled noodles to keep faith in an idea or concept, no matter what you throw their way in counterpoint to their position. So it's entirely possible it's really just someone willing to keep the faith, as it were. Cos honestly it would be even creepier and more insane if it really was Brax or someone else in the Stooges doing that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Some people will flex and bend their beliefs and ideals like boiled noodles to keep faith in an idea or concept, no matter what you throw their way in counterpoint to their position. So it's entirely possible it's really just someone willing to keep the faith, as it were. Cos honestly it would be even creepier and more insane if it really was Brax or someone else in the Stooges doing that kind of stuff.
    The more you invest, both financially and emotionally, the harder it is to admit you were scammed or were wrong. This guy has been along for the whole ride, creating fan websites ten years ago, investing money etc. It takes a huge amount of humility to admit that you had been bamboozled for that long. It really goes back to the true meaning of the reference to kool-aid.

On the subject of faith, I also think of this:

While I feel it's an unfair position on faith in an objective sense, it does serve to highlight the negative aspects fairly well. And it's also pretty funny.

No news so far, but Brax can confirm that dragons will be affected by temperatures!

It is nice that the important issues are addressed atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    No news so far, but Brax can confirm that dragons will be affected by temperatures!

It is nice that the important issues are addressed atleast.
    So temperature and weather's a thing now?

They also announced they haven´t yet updated to Unity 5.... because... programming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    oh, they always had stuff in their toilet paper notes about all the amazing things temperature would affect. It was truly visionary.... apparently when it is bright and sunny outside it gives a 100% chance for your axe to slip out of your hands while lumberjacking and when the wind is greater than 0mph, it can turn sand into pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    now = 2026