In the interview video, the dev playing the spider never walked upside down. Someone else had mentioned the reason he had to concentrate so hard was because he needed to hit ´marks´ because they had a ton of camera and clipping issues.. so he had to walk a very precise path back and forth so that wouldn´t happen while they were filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    In the interview video, the dev playing the spider never walked upside down. Someone else had mentioned the reason he had to concentrate so hard was because he needed to hit ´marks´ because they had a ton of camera and clipping issues.. so he had to walk a very precise path back and forth so that wouldn´t happen while they were filming.
    So, they even had to disguise the gameplay on the demo that they once tried to disguise as the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    No one got vertigo from walking upside down?

- - - Updated - - -

That patch was why I quit.
    Yup that patch in Rift killed a class I was enjoying, the Chloromancer. I enjoyed the concept of being able to do damage and heal. (hell Vanguard, had a class called the Blood Mage that I enjoyed but that game was soooo bad.) But Rift decided that was too good so they nerfed the ever loving hell out of them and made them pretty dull. The patch gutted tons of other classes at the same time so I had to hell with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    So, they even had to disguise the gameplay on the demo that they once tried to disguise as the game.
    Oh heck yeah they did, I saw some of the streaming of demo isle, that thing had tons of bugs and graphical issues going on. Watching that spider walk into the cave was so funny haha. Graphical shitstorm happens and the spider gets stuck under the cave and has to run away from the cave because it wants to eat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yup that patch in Rift killed a class I was enjoying, the Chloromancer. I enjoyed the concept of being able to do damage and heal. (hell Vanguard, had a class called the Blood Mage that I enjoyed but that game was soooo bad.) But Rift decided that was too good so they nerfed the ever loving hell out of them and made them pretty dull. The patch gutted tons of other classes at the same time so I had to hell with that.
    They decided the ranged warrior (with range advantage already compensated with lower dps) should have a 6 second cd on their ranged attack without raising its damage. Tons of accounts were hacked everyday, the UI was really buggy too. They still couldn't comprehend why there was a mass exodus.

They decided the ranged warrior (with range advantage already compensated with lower dps) should have a 6 second cd on their ranged attack without raising its damage. Tons of accounts were hacked everyday, the UI was really buggy too. They still couldn't comprehend why there was a mass exodus.
    Heh yeah there was a lot of factors that nailed that game. Poor dungeon planning, the raid rifts were a joke. No one took damage really and they were so boring with multiple stages with no real threat until the end and that was minor at best. Supposedly the game recovered somewhat but I've had no desire to go back since some of the souls for each of the classes are locked behind pay walls.

So many game devs make mistakes it is not surprising that hype can really hurt a game by getting expectations to levels that just can not be met (Wildstar, Gw2,etc). To see people in the ToA forums discussing various systems for a game that is not even close to being ever made let alone playable is just silly. Hype train themselves to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Heh yeah there was a lot of factors that nailed that game. Poor dungeon planning, the raid rifts were a joke. No one took damage really and they were so boring with multiple stages with no real threat until the end and that was minor at best. Supposedly the game recovered somewhat but I've had no desire to go back since some of the souls for each of the classes are locked behind pay walls.

So many game devs make mistakes it is not surprising that hype can really hurt a game by getting expectations to levels that just can not be met (Wildstar, Gw2,etc). To see people in the ToA forums discussing various systems for a game that is not even close to being ever made let alone playable is just silly. Hype train themselves to death.
    On that note, I don't think the devs mentioned anything about security. Was their demo safe to try or does it open up your computer for an all out humping? If they had so many issues with the basics, I doubt they would have prioritized security.

On that note, I don't think the devs mentioned anything about security. Was their demo safe to try or does it open up your computer for an all out humping? If they had so many issues with the basics, I doubt they would have prioritized security.
    Hmm that is a very good question that I sadly don't have the answer to. I imagine there was hardly any security at all though. The amount of people that had access to that demo was very limited though.

Deleted
    I stumbled upon this:

It's quite a huge difference compared to the landscapes we've seen in GM and ToA. Granted it's a different engine but I can't see how you can be proud of the GM/ToA worlds.

Did you note the ending. some of them were the real models ( the buildings).

Anyone else try to look into the window to see if the pentagram kids were there?

Haha, we're well over a month since the last update, but Elyssia gave us some insider tips in the thread Ideas for Toa made by a guy that joined 14 days ago:

"ToA already has plans to include many survival aspects, including hunger, thirst, and temperature."

See guys? No need to worry, they got the plans ready. Just need to, you know, get someone to code them first. For free.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Haha, we're well over a month since the last update, but Elyssia gave us some insider tips in the thread Ideas for Toa made by a guy that joined 14 days ago:

"ToA already has plans to include many survival aspects, including hunger, thirst, and temperature."

See guys? No need to worry, they got the plans ready. Just need to, you know, get someone to code them first. For free.
    *sigh* When will they hurry up and code my dream game!?

See guys? No need to worry, they got the plans ready.
    Funny you mention plans... I was just reading some of Proctors amazing posts on the Atavism. Apparently people there were calling him out on his BS too.

I will paraphrase

Proctor - Hey everyone, I just want to show you our customized version of Atavism construction system we are using in GreedMonger (posts screenshots)
    Reader - That looks like the default atavism construction system, what exactly did you customize about it
    Proctor - well, we plan to customize it in the future....

If anyone wants to read the thread, it is a bit confusing because Proctor is in it on two accounts.. He starts out as ROHJames, but then after getting banned, he returns a year later to the thread as MMODeveloper.

http://www.atavismonline.com/forum/w...onger?start=54

Deleted
    Yeah just noticed that too. Finally something to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    quick update:

I'm still here, waiting for the "about us" section in the website, all we know so far from the “developers” core team is Brax real name o.O; Shit, from what I’ve seen there wasn’t even a single introduction post in the forum from them, yet the hired “programmers” made some… funneh.
    Awh man, you beat me to it.... Now I'm sad

It's fun to see tho, who are the writers again? Elyssia?

Awh man, you beat me to it.... Now I'm sad

It's fun to see tho, who are the writers again? Elyssia?
    Oh god are we going to get more of that 'lore' that is just a dragon fan-fic piece? I can't wait. /sarcasm

dear diary, today I ate 5 cows, I think I might be getting fat.
    Dear diary, I wish they'd stop writing about me. I am embarrassed to be mentioned in the same breath as anything to do with that game. But it is okay diary, you know why? Because I'm as real as their game is right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone should make an image of a dragon wearing an eyepatch trying to decide between three different colors of candles.
    With a wallet out and open, almost empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Someone should make an image of a dragon wearing an eyepatch trying to decide between three different colors of candles.
    With a wallet out and open, almost empty.
    haha, those eyepatches and candles never get old.

I'd still be up for a 50 dollar dragon kite though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dat kite yo. Dat kite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

http://trialsofascension.com/news/re...g#.VXb7_89Vjy1

woot, one month for a picture! Of people chopping tree's! Where did I seen this already?
    Oh wait, no no no, they are collecting fruits from the tree.... with axes =/

Besides that, you will, there will, we will and many other will happen's that have yet to happen as usual =X
    Hmm that post is back from Feb, maybe we missed it back then

- - - Updated - - -

Either way that was some stuff before these two new 'rock star' coders hopped on board.