Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    I came late to this thread.

I'm an illustrator and concept artist.

The concept art is terrible. This is done by amateurs, not done by professional artists.
    You don't have to be either of those to figure that out.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Greed monger... same... no concept art (or fake).

Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Am I the only one that to this day still hears "yer help yer help yer help" every time I see this (supposed) game mentioned?
    I had that for awhile. Now I am stuck on the vision of the 3 stoogies doing that interview and the one stooge running back and forth in the same cave for 20 minutes with his face 6 inches from the screen acting like he was engrossed in the gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

I came late to this thread.

I'm an illustrator and concept artist.

The concept art is terrible. This is done by amateurs, not done by professional artists.

Oh, you missed the best part of the dragon concept art. They actually bought the ´concept´ art from someone who had created the art before he even heard of the game. They had promised to release their concept art for a dragon to their fans and ran out of time, so they just bought drawings of a dragon from some guy. Like everything about game-making... they failed to understand the definition and purpose of concept art.

- - - Updated - - -

Greed monger... same... no concept art (or fake).
    Greedmonger actually uses the renders from stuff they bought on the Unity store. They didn´t even bother to put the creatures ingame and take their own renders.. instead they just cut-pasted from the original artists website the .jpgs.

Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Am I the only one that to this day still hears "yer help yer help yer help" every time I see this (supposed) game mentioned?
    Oh fuck no, I love that quote and abused it so many times in this thread haha.

Games are made by developers who help themselves, not keep constantly asking for donations.

Games are made by developers who help themselves, not keep constantly asking for donations.
    Yep, basically the entire point of this thread. At the stage of development that ToA is at, not only should they not have asked for money 4 different times now, but nobody should have even heard of the game. It is like they literally woke up, made a website and started doing interviews and collecting money on day one... and 13 years later, still don´t have a playable demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Yep, basically the entire point of this thread. At the stage of development that ToA is at, not only should they not have asked for money 4 different times now, but nobody should have even heard of the game. It is like they literally woke up, made a website and started doing interviews and collecting money on day one... and 13 years later, still don´t have a playable demo.
    13 years??

That's either lame or stupid.

13 years??

That's either lame or stupid.
    Their domain name was registered in like May of 2002, and they were doing interviews with gaming sites just a few months later. And still you have 3 devs who never learned any game-making skills like coding, modeling, animation.... nothing... they just post on forums and apparently have ´meetings´ in IRC.

Do you have a link to their portfolio sites? ... lol...

At this point, they're in a dying embers kind of stage. Some people try to stir and kindle them, but about all they're managing is to keep them from being completely extinguished. Of course, as Azrile pointed out, when you have little in the way of tangible assets invested in it, it's not hard to keep it going long as you still have people naive enough to 'help' you.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You mean....

Like this guy here?
    Dear lord I can't understand that guy and here is post 2 by them "I see that's a big relief i just really much wish and hope there will be finally a one time Purchase game with an direct evolution of you're own Dragon or also a Game what is set with 3 different Races for his each unique whole kind of control and gameplay and features this was something i was wanted since i was a 2 years old child i beginning in very early stages to realize so many things what just have saddened me and bored me incredible much. everything was seem to be a copy of everything else just with 1 extra feature this came up after the Time passed and my final Question are is there anywhere a Playable programm for this game or is this game even not on a Beta Phase with just 3 Races and there features and not completely full evolved features? i want to say how such a brilliant game works"

Anyways, as long as they keep having suckers show interest in the game they'll keep chugging along.

Is it just me, or is it our fault that perfect grammar turned into...that. Because I would think that this structure would be intentional to try to get (grammar-nazis) to commit suicide in order to reduce negativity. But who knows.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

Some are non-natives that struggle. And many are natives who just don't give a fuck. Cos y'know, they're all special and unique and if you dare criticize them, well, you're just being intellectual-ist and now they need to go have a lie-down and color for a while...

the ´much wish´ is a sure sign that it is someone foreign. I travel a lot, and words like ´much´, ´really´ and ´very´ often get taught/translated wrong because it is difficult to teach when to use them correctly. I have muy mucho problemos con esta en español tambien.

the ´much wish´ is a sure sign that it is someone foreign. I travel a lot, and words like ´much´, ´really´ and ´very´ often get taught/translated wrong because it is difficult to teach when to use them correctly. I have muy mucho problemos con esta en español tambien.
    I mean I'm not surprised english is a 2nd or 3rd language for the person but some effort should be made to clean it up. Like if I was going to try and post my thoughts in another language I'd take some time to do what research I could to clean it up a lot so it could at least be understood. Posting something like 'that' is just a horrible thing to do to other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh I love their forums, here is a gem: "Additional, very important note: I think you need to either...

1) Disable forums
    2) Release with new forums / clean forums

A new website is going to bring an influx of newer and returning members. ToA is currently #14 on MMORPG listings, and #8 for in-development games. Releasing a strong website means this number may well get pushed into #7 or more, which puts it on MMORPG's front page.

There's a lot of negativity floating these forums. You don't want to sweep it under the rug. But you do want to eliminate the misinformation and temper the anger. Calling out the elephant in the room in the forums (perhaps a "History of FC" where you admit some mistakes, but talk about how you have learned and forged those mistakes into a clearer vision) will give you the chance to be HONEST and FORWARD while also uniting and empowering your mission."

Yeah nothing says being HONEST like shutting down the forums for a while so critics can't show how much of a scam you guys are! Haha MMORPG listings, because THOSE matter!

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, if they actually shut down their forums and create a new website.....
    Seems rather cyclical. Glad we have a ton of screenshots of what they have done up to this point.
    The internet never forgives. The internet never forgets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Holy crap, if they actually shut down their forums and create a new website.....
    Seems rather cyclical. Glad we have a ton of screenshots of what they have done up to this point.
    The internet never forgives. The internet never forgets.
    It really is like these guys think Google doesn´t exist.

It smells a bit like what Joel Lumpyman and Proctor tried to do with GreedMonger.... hey, if we just rename stuff and delete stuff from our website, nobody will remember our past.... rebranding for the win.

More than likely all they are doing is removing all the stuff about failed kickstarters and the cash-shop. They are going to make it look like they never before tried to get money from players.

Edit - not sure why the mentioned MMORPG at all. There has not been a single post on their forums there for over 3 months. it is nice that things are normal now that they can´t use fake accounts and don´t have the social media ´experts´ anymore. Like I said, they can´t market their game anywhere outside their own forums anymore.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-06-14 at 05:19 PM.

It really is like these guys think Google doesn´t exist.

It smells a bit like what Joel Lumpyman and Proctor tried to do with GreedMonger.... hey, if we just rename stuff and delete stuff from our website, nobody will remember our past.... rebranding for the win.

More than likely all they are doing is removing all the stuff about failed kickstarters and the cash-shop. They are going to make it look like they never before tried to get money from players.

Edit - not sure why the mentioned MMORPG at all. There has not been a single post on their forums there for over 3 months. it is nice that things are normal now that they can´t use fake accounts and don´t have the social media ´experts´ anymore. Like I said, they can´t market their game anywhere outside their own forums anymore.
    Oh come on, once they redo the website it'll CHANGE EVERYTHING as a new age of TRANSPARENCY happens. TRANSPARENT this TRANSPARENT that! We do not take donations for our game anymore! We are TRANSPARENT! Blah blah blah....please don't look us up on google or see all the information on the web about how we are 'transparent'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    please don't look us up on google or see all the information on the web about how we are 'transparent'.
    Or as Elyssia might suggest: Pretend that Google doesn't exist.

Deleted
    Well, the website is offline now. So hopefully it's online in ~2 hours before I go to bed. Curious to check it out