Deleted
    From Reddit:

An indie dev has been selling a "very hard" puzzle game on steam and advertising that it has 8 levels which are each incredibly hard. Turns out he's just made one level and made it impossible so no one will find out that the other 7 levels don't exist.

https://m.imgur.com/a/yceJt

Novel way to get away with making less content than advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    From Reddit:

An indie dev has been selling a "very hard" puzzle game on steam and advertising that it has 8 levels which are each incredibly hard. Turns out he's just made one level and made it impossible so no one will find out that the other 7 levels don't exist.

Hahah holy freaking crap the shit people try and pull

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hahah holy freaking crap the shit people try and pull
    Uh-oh, Steam Refund. Torpedo in ToA's plans hitting in 3...2...1...

But yeah, that was a shady fucking trick, claiming 'there's hints in the Trading Cards' to try and trick people into screwing themselves out of being able to refund it. Refunds aren't screwing indie devs, loser. They're screwing rip-off artists trying to present unplayable junk as a game.

I'm allowing for the possibility they can do it. That other guy's project did it, the one we were just discussing. I just think of the Energy Star compliance seal and what an absolute joke that was. Someone showed that was nothing but a paid rubberstamp when they got a Gasoline-Powered Alarm Clock registered as Energy Star compliant.

Most estimates say you only need 1500 or so votes to get greenlit now. Who knows.

Since the 2 hour refund thing started, there have been a wave of cheats going around that make it easy to create multiple accounts. I was reading something regading Rust, and the lead dev said that there have been a ton of people playing 1hr 50 minutes, and then getting a refund, and doing it again on a new account, repeatedly. It sucks, because in games like Rust, the people who are doing it are exploiting within the game and causing problems, but for other devs I´ve talked to, people are just solving games basically doing the same thing.. 110 minutes at a time.

I think our little party would be more interesting if they do get greenlit. But I don´t think they will ever get to that point. They have made no progress and aren´t even close to having Demo Island again, which would never even be close to enough to launch.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-08-07 at 05:45 AM.

It's a shame people are abusing it to hurt games like Rust, I would be in favor of some measure to slow down that kind of thing(such as a one-week moratorium on refunding games for new Steam accounts). People will still abuse it, but it wouldn't be near as rampant.

You're probably right that they'll never get to a working point on ToA before their freemium dev team gives up, but who can really say? Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    It's a shame people are abusing it to hurt games like Rust, I would be in favor of some measure to slow down that kind of thing(such as a one-week moratorium on refunding games for new Steam accounts). People will still abuse it, but it wouldn't be near as rampant.

You're probably right that they'll never get to a working point on ToA before their freemium dev team gives up, but who can really say? Only time will tell.
    Yeah, I think Steam is going to have to do something with multiplayer games, especially persistent worlds. People are using the ´freebie´ accounts to exploit within the 2 hours. What some people are talking about now is actually altering their games and making a newbie island for the first 2 hours to prevent exploiters from interfering with paying customers.

Deleted
    I'm getting bored guys

Nothing noteworthy on their site, no new dev blog, cutting down on the community blog and the forums are completely dead.

I need DRAMA! I need movies to laugh about, yet they provide none...

No new dev blog? Those six weeks of grueling meetings and talking about stuff must really be taking their toll on the dev team...

Deleted
    No new dev blog? Those six weeks of grueling meetings and talking about stuff must really be taking their toll on the dev team...
    They have just way too much to show us, it simply won't fit into one dev blog! We'll get monthly dev blogs for sure! This team is so large the audience will surely appreciate such a change.

Yes, it'll give them time to polish their technobabble up to a nice, fluffy shine. I can smell the buzzwords from here.

Maybe they're silent because they're prepping for another Kickstarter or an Indiegogo campaign; wouldn't surprise me.

Or their new "devs" have finally realized what's really going on and fled the project.

As far as their more recent updates, I'm simultaneously laughing and cringing at their character sheet for the game. http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...t#.VcuMZvlVhBc

yeah, I was expecting an actual paperdoll with a UI.. that is nothing except a second camera pointing at the character from the front. I have stopped being surprised by stuff they do now. Again, there are probably 5-10 different tutorials on youtube that can teach you how to do that in under 4 hours. The way they talk about this stuff it is like they think it is a milestone.

BTW Soon (TM)

Six weeks = 3 sprints.

In 3 developer sprints, most of the game should be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    In 3 developer sprints, most of the game should be ready.
    See, that assumes there are actual developers working on it. Unfortunately, all ToA gets is fifteen years of the Three Stooges.

Azrile, is this how they quietly slipped away a decade ago? No forum activity for awhile and it eventually gets shut down altogether?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    From Reddit:

oh wow this is hilarious, in a really sad way

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Azrile, is this how they quietly slipped away a decade ago? No forum activity for awhile and it eventually gets shut down altogether?
    From what we've seen of archived forum stuff it does seem similar. They are talking about the 'team' working in the offices and then later, poof, nothing going on for a long time then they post the short paragraph about needing a huge money investment to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    The last time they went silent for 6 months, and then Brax posted the announcement about the project ending unless someone was willing to give ´seven figures´.

I think Brax is reading this, and he is seeing that we are saying the truth. His ´team´ is not really doing anything.

Bodoh is right. Even if this team only started when they first announced ToA:Exit they should have a pretty functioning game at this point. You guys seriously have to look at some of the tutorial videos on youtube. Artwork takes awhile, which is why so many people use cubes and stuff as placeholders.. but the actual functioning game.. they should have a big chuck of the playability done already... especially considering that they spent all that money last year. I was not lying last year when I kept saying stuff was ´a 3 hour job´.. and stuff like that. The freakin idea that Brax has ´a spell´ on his roadmap was completely laughable since it is so quick to do.. and then he couldn´t actually even do it..
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-08-14 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think Brax is reading this, and he is seeing that we are saying the truth. His ´team´ is not really doing anything.
    Like the man said, 'You get what you pay for.'