Good to see the scumbags are still spewing BS. Pls staaahp.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    What's up with the shameless advertising of these games though? OMG GAIZ, CHECK OUT DIZ GAME I FOUND! Just say straight away you're working on this game... Nothing wrong with some advertising tbh, atleast, when you're one of the people working on it.
    You are not allowed to advertise your own games here.. I don´t know what is worse though, having a developer identify themselves as a developer of the game and take feedback in the thread, or have these half-assed threads where the person is obviously a developer or marketing person but trying to pretend they are not.

I don't really get worked up over it, myself. The forum of uncensored public opinion will handle the issue. Much like what awaits ToA, assuming they manage to get enough together to push forth into the light of day, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Well for those ToA fans out there....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...type-of-MMORPG
    Great, another former UO player who's convinced that his game will be the best thing ever, even if it sounds a mess and...y'know...doesn't actually exist yet.

Deleted
    http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...9#.VeJLnJeqyM8

They've made a dangerous looking dildo. Also a snake that slithers around.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that's too funny.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Fuck yeah. New amazing update with nothing to show!

http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...s#.Ve3fmZeqyM8

Cos there's no progress like glacial progress. I guess like China they figure eventually history will show them as the winners, cos they'll outlast everyone. Including their remaining fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Cos there's no progress like glacial progress. I guess like China they figure eventually history will show them as the winners, cos they'll outlast everyone. Including their remaining fanbase.
    Haha I wonder about outlasting the fanbase. It seems like there is very little action viewer wise and comments wise. Funny how after getting called out on the bloated numbers they have just all but died in the past 2 months. Shocker.

Yeah, adding a giant description to every mob is something you never see from other games. They and their "fans" will say that's a good thing, everyone else will realize it's just a massive waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Yeah, adding a giant description to every mob is something you never see from other games. They and their "fans" will say that's a good thing, everyone else will realize it's just a massive waste of time.
    Wait til you get the fan-fic about a snake hatching from an egg or whatever and then its journey to adult hood. Oh wait that was the dragon 'lore'. lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Imagine if WoW did full background stories for boars and bears and all 1 hit kill mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Imagine if WoW did full background stories for boars and bears and all 1 hit kill mobs.
    Even worse is if WoW forced you to read the backstory of everything you fight. Like who the fuck cares about random X boar or snake. ToA doing things different since 2002...2008?...umm 2013? Fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Fuck yeah. New amazing update with nothing to show!

http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...s#.Ve3fmZeqyM8
    As for these four creatures; they are the bare minimum we want to have at launch. Each represents a challenge we have to overcome in the production pipelines that we can apply to others like it down the road.
    Two snakes, a pig, a bird AND trees to chop!?

Mind = Blown

Shut up and take my money!

So I only read the first few pages...what happened w/ the dude posting here from the team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    So I only read the first few pages...what happened w/ the dude posting here from the team?
    He got kidnapped by his angry team members.

What's the story so far? I've missed pages, a summary would be neat.

They talked a lot of shit, managed to hire one guy to make a demo island thing that was in no way ever going to become MMO-worthy, that guy quit, then they lost most of their fan interest while they hemmed and hawwed over what to do next, and now they're trying to make a survival-style RPG that will 'eventually' become the MMO of their toilet-paper-notes dreams, cos giving people shares in a future product as payment for their work will totally make that happen once they get it into a state to sell to people for money...

That's glossing it over a LOT, but it more or less gets you up to speed with where ToA is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    A number of them posted with conviction but stopped when they realized they got screwed over. However if they're as easily swayed as GM's community manager, they could switch sides yet again and blindly bloviate stupidity.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pig Simulator : MMO Edition
    Sabertusks are recognized throughout TerVarus, however, the furry variety known as the Wooly Sabertusk can only be found on the Lost Isles. Sabertusks are large porcine animals, weighing anywhere from 150 to 200 pounds. Sows (females) are usually smaller than boars (males). They have three sets of protruding tusks, the longest of which can reach almost a foot in adult boars and is the inspiration for their name. They have long snouts that allow them to root around in the ground for bugs and vegetable matter. Small eyes sit high on their heads, allowing them to detect movement, though their sense of smell is much stronger than their vision.

In addition to the stiff mane that runs down the back of all Sabertusks, the Wooly Sabertusk has a coat of thick, wiry fur. This fur is long enough to be spun into a strong thread for weaving or sewing. Along with their impressive tusks, they also possess sharp hooves and a powerful bite, making them one of the few animals capable of fending off the attacks of a Terrorbird. Sabertusks themselves are opportunistic eaters, consuming a variety of plants, fruits, and carrion. Though they do not actively hunt, they will aggressively attack anything they feel might pose a risk to themselves or their family group. They can be particularly quick on the sprint, but do not have the stamina to maintain a pace faster than a trot.
    11/10, would pig again.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    By Lord Brax:

This might be a good time to discuss our process when creating creatures/animals.

Varl loves to create flora and fauna, and I don't like to hold him back. Instead, what we decided to do a long time ago, is he would just design. Anything he could think of, he would jot down. He would do this (and still does) knowing not everything he designs will make it (or ever make it) into production. But we will always have a list of flora and fauna available to us to pull from when those times come and that is a very nice thing to have!

As for these four creatures; they are the bare minimum we want to have at launch. Each represents a challenge we have to overcome in the production pipelines that we can apply to others like it down the road. For example, animating a snake isn't as straight forward as it may sound, especially if you're used to dealing with bipedal characters. Where is the root bone since it doesn't have hips? How does it move on its new root bone? How are we going to deal with it climbing steep angles (angle it to match the terrain slope but what costs are associated with that?), etc.

Personally, I would like us to have a good 20 or more fauna at launch, but, as always, we want to focus on the systems and make them as solid as possible so adding more assets later become much easier and we can do it quickly.

And because I was in Unity inspecting some tree stuffs about 10 seconds before posting this ....
    They have trouble animating a damn snake? Maybe they should've sticked to ants and walking sticks first.

Goodluck with the adult dragons btw.