Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    As long as the games I create bring in enough money to pay for their continued development and Operational Costs I'll call them a success.
    Thanks for letting me know about this.

For a long time, I thought James was the innocent victim, and that Jason was the scum-bag overlord.

From Greed Monger's Facebook page:

I want to make something perfectly clear, There are alot of people saying that Jason or my self are scammers... Yesterday Joel and I sat down with Jason and went over the data. We didn't take the time to go over everything from the past 3 years however we went over enough of it to show that the KS Money did in fact go toward the Development of GM. Jason sent us Screenshots of his Paypal statements which suggests that all the money was spent on GM.

I wasn't made aware of what all the team members were being paid and Jason was paying people that I didn't even know about. There were also a lot of other purchases I wasn't aware of or didn't remember Jason having made.

Jason has told us not to post the Screenshots publicly so I'm able to release them however we do have them and they certainly do suggest that all of the money obtained through KS did in fact go to where it was supposed to go.
    A couple of months back, Dark Penguin was kicking up a storm, for James Proctor's benefit, on this funding issue, accusing Jason of being a scum-bag who took all the money, and there was no more money left to develop Greed Monger, or money was misappropriated...

So long as Jason was paying the bills, James Proctor didn't give a damn on it and continued to do con-artist bullshit development on it.
    OMG, the truth came out, after 3 years of bull-shit development work, those dated and poorly developed game on Google Hangout.

Everything that James did, can be brought on the asset store, especially that nude guy on a Unity default blue screen.

After all, what does James care? So long as Jason was paying "for their continued development and Operational Costs", all the money on Greed Monger was wasted on fun & fake development.

Then, when given the opportunity for James to get the license and title for Greed Monger, along with a click-bait investor - the Atavism guy, Jason was happy to dump Greed Monger on James, along with responsibility. Then, James couldn't find another investor -or- sucker to continue sucking all the money, and Greed Monger failed.

Do you want to invest on Greed Monger? You'll probably lose all your money... since, the developer, doesn't give a damn on deliverables and want money for "continued development and Operational Costs".

My gut feeling, is James, the incompetent, took all the money. When someone tried to work with James, they could not work with James, and James quickly fired them.

And my Games success or failure in my eyes will never be based on what random people who have a vendetta against me have to say about the game. But I have to get going... Got plenty of work ahead of me getting ready for our internal test the end of the month. I look forward to reading what other lies you create about me and laughing about them with my friends.
    Internal test? Dude, what are you going on about..... people who are making actual games have ´internal tests´ every freakin day. You are like Brax, you use terminology to make yourself sound important, but in the end, your ´games´ have shown that you can´t do anything. You are simply someone with Unity that installs other people´s assets and mostly just breaks them. GreedMonger, after 3 years and $100k was less than Atavism.

´I am getting ready for our internal test´..... is this like when you had that server stress test planned for GreedMonger, then hid because you couldn´t get it working...oh wait, no you had a headache.. This is the crazy part of this thread, these two clowns have absolutely no memory. it is like Proctor completely forgets he was saying all this stuff for GM the last 3 years... and even in this thread.

The topic keeps coming back to the same question.. are Brax and Proctor scam artists, or are they just delusional and stupid. Holy crap, after 3 years and then only being able to produce that horrid video in January, someone with even a lick of intelligence would realize they can´t do this. Brax has completely broken everything Teddy put together, but still thinks modeling a cube is ´progress´.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Internal test? Dude, what are you going on about..... people who are making actual games have ´internal tests´ every freakin day. You are like Brax, you use terminology to make yourself sound important, but in the end, your ´games´ have shown that you can´t do anything. You are simply someone with Unity that installs other people´s assets and mostly just breaks them. GreedMonger, after 3 years and $100k was less than Atavism.

´I am getting ready for our internal test´..... is this like when you had that server stress test planned for GreedMonger, then hid because you couldn´t get it working...oh wait, no you had a headache.. This is the crazy part of this thread, these two clowns have absolutely no memory. it is like Proctor completely forgets he was saying all this stuff for GM the last 3 years... and even in this thread.

The topic keeps coming back to the same question.. are Brax and Proctor scam artists, or are they just delusional and stupid. Holy crap, after 3 years and then only being able to produce that horrid video in January, someone with even a lick of intelligence would realize they can´t do this. Brax has completely broken everything Teddy put together, but still thinks modeling a cube is ´progress´.
    I think they are stupid and delusional scam artists.

They pretend to be stupid and try to take advantage of you, and play on your piety.

Once they have your money, it's gone/done.

The are scam-artists, cheats and liars who prey on the ill-informed, gullible and noob customers.

They have no interest to make any game at all...

"for their continued development and Operational Costs"

This says it all...

James, Brax, has no care about delivering a game. Both of them are same, hardened criminals who pray on other people's generosity.

They have no interest to work hard, the art quality is terrible, they have poor coding skills, the models are badly made or very simple.

They are game developers for life, because they cannot draw, or have no portfolio, .... and it's easy to take advantage of others people's generosity, remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    James, Brax, has no care about delivering a game. Both of them are same, hardened criminals who pray on other people's generosity.

They have no interest to work hard, the art quality is terrible, they have poor coding skills, the models are badly made or very simple.

They are game developers for life, because they cannot draw, or have no portfolio, .... and it's easy to take advantage of others people's generosity, remotely.
    Maybe in the past I'd have thought that about Brax and co. But no, they are just beyond fucking clueless on how to make a game and what it takes to make one. Do I think all of the money went to making that demo? Hell no. Do I think money WAS used to make the demo? Yes. That does not make them a 'hardened criminal' but fucking moronic people who shouldn't be trying to create a MMO.

Well Bodoh I just want to thank you... You DO know what grinding an axe does? It makes it sharper unless of course you break it first which I promise you you won't break me. Your little false accusations and false reporting is having one very good side effect. It's forcing me to take a look at everything and ensure 100% that everything is legit and that I'm going by the books. Regardless of what you say I'm a Game Developer... That's where my passion is, and it won't be broken by random strangers on a forum saying anything different. I got into Game Development so I could create Virtual Worlds where I could interact and play with others... I don't care how many others. As long as the games I create bring in enough money to pay for their continued development and Operational Costs I'll call them a success. And my Games success or failure in my eyes will never be based on what random people who have a vendetta against me have to say about the game. But I have to get going... Got plenty of work ahead of me getting ready for our internal test the end of the month. I look forward to reading what other lies you create about me and laughing about them with my friends.
    If James didn't care, he wouldn't keep tabs on this thread and blow up at Bodoh.

I guess we're all passionate game developers, politicians, and singers then?

What successful games??????

Too late to start following the books after posting evidence. How is his reporting false?

- - - Updated - - -

Why does he call them internal tests? It's not like he has shit to test externally.

If you fund it, they will waste.

Ultimately, that's what I think it boils down to. I don't believe they intentionally set out to scam people in the sense of taking money and not making a game, but they themselves are very easily scammed by others with their 'throw money at it and make it work' philosophy of 'game design'.

You can argue it's a scam in how they misrepresent their ability to develop and produce a game(their track records with others' money speaks volumes, Brax managed to fund a very primitive multiplayer alpha and Proctor could barely make a single player alpha work), but mostly it's incompetence in how they waste it. And then proceed to blame others as the reason they haven't made it work, or else admit they were lying about being seasoned game developers with education no school could ever teach them.

Either way, at least Brax finally learned to shut up and try to ignore us. Proctor is still very 'butthurt little boy' towards us in his behavior. I hope his attempts to defraud the government are brought to light and penalties are levied against him for it. I know the current attitude of the social sercurity and unemployment agencies are 'cut anyone off benefits if at all possible'.

Also, another stellar update from ToA talking about doing things that should be blatantly obvious pieces of the design process like they were the first ones to realize their necessity. Yet more pointless fluff being thrown around to make it sound like they know what they're doing in the face of having no real progress at all to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Why does he call them internal tests? It's not like he has shit to test externally.

That's another cooked-up nonsense James put to make him look important.

Test? What test?
    The Greed Monger stress-test was cancelled months ago.

Jame's code is so terrible, Greed Monger would have been finished months ago, if not for his incompetence and idiocy.

- - - Updated - - -

James has a whole section on this site:
    http://mmofallout.com/tag/james-proctor/

I just want to know what an internal test is. Seriously, I go into play mode at least every hour, sometimes every few minutes. At least every couple days I do a stand-alone build and test it on laptop.

I must not be a very good developer, because apparently these ´internal tests´ I am doing are things I should be scheduling a month in advance and announcing on forums.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-10-23 at 09:04 AM.

I just want to know what an internal test is. Seriously, I go into play mode at least every hour, sometimes every few minutes. At least every couple days I do a stand-alone build and test it on laptop.

I must not be a very good developer, because apparently these ´internal tests´ I am doing are things I should be scheduling a month in advance and announcing on forums.
    Indeed, I remember when I used to make maps and mods for half life. I would run the map after half an hours work or so. Hell even for that f2p alien swarm I made a fun map and would test it every hour after adding things like a lift (seriously why did the level move and not the lift xD). I must be just bad for thinking you want to test changes you do every now and then and tinker around with it. Seems I am not alone.

I would make test-cases and run time automatically.
    I also have QA here, who does a ton of testing, on a daily basis.

I would get a chewing if QA found a ton of bugs. I would spend days fixing bugs, especially the networking bugs/issues.
    QA would do, like 50 rounds of QA, where all the bugs gets fixed and whittled to nearly-zero bugs.
    I would fix as many game-bugs as humanly possible during that time.

Some of the bugs are regression bugs, like adding new islands, new code, new buffs or stats and something broke.

I can remember back then, we had a huge test-script and test-cases where they would test each feature of Ultima and Wing Commander before it goes release.

It would be super-costly to ship patches in those days.
    You have to ship updates to customers at your own expense.

Imagine making 7 diskettes (Ultima VI)* and then having to re-ship 7 diskettes to all your registered customers.

* Anyone filled in the registration form to send back to Origin Systems?
    * If I remembered, it is 6 diskettes and 1 save-game diskette.

No, you're not. See, while you're wasting time coding the game, a good developer is out there building hype for the game, drawing investments by making a big deal out of the creation process and making sure potential customers are fed a steady diet of technical jargon and buzzwords that sound very professional and official. You also have to have a constant dialogue with all those foolish naysayers who keep pointing out petty details like lack of any solid programming progress so you can properly establish your corporate brand.

After all, gamers don't want games. They want to believe in your dreams and concepts, so they can hand you money for the boon of you deigning to share them.

I just want to know what an internal test is.
    I'd guess pizza party for one.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Indeed, I remember when I used to make maps and mods for half life. I would run the map after half an hours work or so. Hell even for that f2p alien swarm I made a fun map and would test it every hour after adding things like a lift (seriously why did the level move and not the lift xD). I must be just bad for thinking you want to test changes you do every now and then and tinker around with it. Seems I am not alone.
    When I program, I'd run tests after completing major features or a few minor ones. I don't call them internal tests, post about them on every forum I come across, or high five myself though. Maybe internal tests should be kept internal? People will know the internal tests were passed when they have a working product.

Why do people post every inconsequential thing they do, online? I wouldn't be surprised if they have a topic just on bathroom breaks over there.

When I program, I'd run tests after completing major features or a few minor ones. I don't call them internal tests, post about them on every forum I come across, or high five myself though. Maybe internal tests should be kept internal? People will know the internal tests were passed when they have a working product.

There is no working product.

They make every small thing look and feel important because they have nothing to show.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    No, you're not. See, while you're wasting time coding the game, a good developer is out there building hype for the game, drawing investments by making a big deal out of the creation process and making sure potential customers are fed a steady diet of technical jargon and buzzwords that sound very professional and official. You also have to have a constant dialogue with all those foolish naysayers who keep pointing out petty details like lack of any solid programming progress so you can properly establish your corporate brand.

After all, gamers don't want games. They want to believe in your dreams and concepts, so they can hand you money for the boon of you deigning to share them.
    I'm doubting Azrile's deving abilities because any real dev would have a legion of forum warriors spamming about how WoW killed his WoW-killer before it came to be.

I'm doubting Azrile's deving abilities because any real dev would have a legion of forum warriors spamming about how WoW killed his WoW-killer before it came to be.

This is normal.
    Most of the people at Origin, except the famous ones (and some others I can't name) didn't do PR at all.
    The artists got their names on credits lists but they didn't go about being loud month and boast about it.

If you are a developer, most of the time you would be spending time coding, do tech support yourself, and handle bugs yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoh View Post
    This is normal.
    Most of the people at Origin, except the famous ones (and some others I can't name) didn't do PR at all.
    The artists got their names on credits lists but they didn't go about being loud month and boast about it.

If you are a developer, most of the time you would be spending time coding, do tech support yourself, and handle bugs yourself.
    I was just teasing him. I'm a real SE and know how things work.

I was just teasing him. I'm a real SE and know how things work.
    You are a REAL SE? Wait does this mean I have to toss money at you when you pitch us an idea?! Sign me the hell up, here just take money now so you can spend more time coming up with a great idea!

At least that is how I imagine it went over there for ToA in the earlier days when they were making claims about the school of hard knocks teaching them how to become rockstars of the game dev world.

I kind of miss the earlier days when they went apeshit over anything posted and tried to prove how much of 'real game devs' they were. Now they are basically dead except the weekly 'look at us DO STUFF, WOW' posts.