Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Looking forward to the Greed Monger testing! I hope you don't catch a cold like the last time, that would be a shame!

Also looking forward to the ToA 'internal' testing phase that should launch in 2-3 months from now on.

Good times ahead And this time no 'NDA' bullshit.
    Who is this "we" he speaks of? I thought Lumpy and the cm left without saying a word. Are the t-shirts being sent out with the latest restart of this thing? Anyone know why Lumpy disappeared?

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    They always said that was the kind of thing they wanted to do. And if that was his primary reason for involvement, then yeah...he's superfluous. I can't help but think it probably went further than that, but the end result is the same.

One down, two to go.
    See, this is where they are silly. They played UO, they saw what happened.

For those that don´t know. UO did have exactly what Varl was talking about for a couple years. They had paid GMs who would pop into the game and run little events. The problem of course is that they only effected a tiny portion of the playerbase and anyone who didn´t get to participate felt it was a waste of money. And really it was. The game had maybe 10 Gms and 250,000 players who were spread all over the place as far as time zones.

So after that, they changed the GMs to be a volunteer program, but you had the same issue because the GMs were handing out all types of goodies ( unique housing decorations) and only a tinyl part of the population would get them. And of course there were always people complaining that the GMs were running events for each other´s characters etc. During this time, I had a new player guild with a few hundred members and I was a big forum poster ( surprise surprise), in any event, my guilds little village got a ton of attention from GMs, which of course was a blessing and a curse.

it just does not work in MMORPGs.. It takes a long time for a GM to plan and execute an event, and then it only affects 20 or so players out of 250,000..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOIJamesPro View Post
    Yes that's it. As you can see it's a Framework NOT a kit like Atavism... Before I was invited to beta test the LandRush Plugin for it everything was custom coded by ME... Some of the stuff I coded overlaps with LandRush but LandRush provides more functionality then what I had coded to date so I'm using it and my other custom code is being brought into it and updated to work with LandRush's systems.

Also believe me... I AM taking the high road by not posting everything I would like to. Somethings are better left unsaid... Haters are going to hate regardless of what I or anyone else says.
    Some of the stuff I coded overlaps with LandRush but LandRush provides more functionality then what I had coded to date so I'm using it

I love this part, you said exactly the same thing about 3 years ago with GreedMonger. You made it sound like you did a ton of work, but then you found Atavism that was ´slightly better´ than what you had done, so you dumped your own work and just downloaded atavism.
    Do you think anyone believes you did anything? You have done NOTHING except talk about progress, and then miraculously find someone else´s project to download and claim it is ahead of your own progress.

Again dude, we all saw that Video from last January.. 3 years, $100,000 and all you basically did was break atavism and make it look worse than it is.

And custom programming.. you mean like you did with Atavism where they called you out for saying you customized the housing system, when it was exactly the same as Atavism had. And you were dumb enough to actually call it ´your custom programming´ on the Atavism forums where dozens of teams saw right away that there wasn´t anything unique about your ´version´.

This is all you do, jump from someone else´s kit to someone else´s kit and make excuses.. are we up to about 5 years now and all you were able to produce was a broken atavism video.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2016-01-22 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    See, this is where they are silly. They played UO, they saw what happened.

For those that don´t know. UO did have exactly what Varl was talking about for a couple years. They had paid GMs who would pop into the game and run little events. The problem of course is that they only effected a tiny portion of the playerbase and anyone who didn´t get to participate felt it was a waste of money. And really it was. The game had maybe 10 Gms and 250,000 players who were spread all over the place as far as time zones.
    People do this multiple times weekly as guild leaders and it didn't take them 16 years or $67k.

I played EQ 2 and they had GM appearances in the game, but all I remember is someone running around as a gigantic beaver. And maybe a monkey once? It's been a long time, I was more focused on playing the actual game.

But that's just a prime example of ToA's core problem: Lots of ideas that sound good to a very niche audience, which is why they couldn't get much in the way of funding, even if they had a team capable of building even a third of the stuff they claimed they were going to do, which created a double-sized wall they tried to sneak around every way possible. And sadly, managed to convince some people they could do, getting them to waste money and time.

This is all you do, jump from someone else´s kit to someone else´s kit and make excuses.. are we up to about 5 years now and all you were able to produce was a broken atavism video.
    That broken atavism video though, good lord was it funny. I'd be ashamed to put that work forward after 3 years and being funded by a Kickstarter. But nope! Not this guy! He's back again to pretend that he can actually get something done until he fades away again.

It does make me wonder how much longer it'll be before someone really can cobble together a Derpworld MMO kit like that survival-minecraft thing people were ripping off and calling their game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That broken atavism video though, good lord was it funny. I'd be ashamed to put that work forward after 3 years and being funded by a Kickstarter. But nope! Not this guy! He's back again to pretend that he can actually get something done until he fades away again.
    yeah, the looping death animations and that wicked combat system, where stuff just ran into you. I said this about ToA early on when they did some of those videos where Brax talked about things being broken. If you are only producing one video every year, then it makes no sense to show something that takes longer to say is ´broken´ then it actually takes to fix the thing that is broken. Proctor produced that one video, and to say ´there is a bug with our death animation´ during that video is just crazy since the way to fix it is literally to uncheck ´looped´ in the Unity inspector. Everyone misses stuff like that when building games ( I often forget to check ´looped´ for idle animations).. but it is something that is so easy to fix that it should never make it into the only video you released in 3 years. It shows how little they know if stuff like fixing those type of bugs are a technical issue for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    It does make me wonder how much longer it'll be before someone really can cobble together a Derpworld MMO kit like that survival-minecraft thing people were ripping off and calling their game?
    Don´t worry, just follow Proctor and if it ever does get made, he will be the first one to tell you it is his ´custom´ MMORPG. Unity is in the middle of implementing/improving their own networking system. It remains to be seen, but my guess is there are going to be a ton of kits that will let you make a small MMORPG ( 100ish concurrents). There are already a few RPG kits that basically do everything for you. One is called ORK and another is something like Plyworld. I do not think it will take long before those people add uNet and allow those pseudo-mmorpgs which can all be done in the Unity editor.

Deleted
    New update about flowers:

http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...s#.VqUhQlLLrmE

Not much interesting to discuss about it though.

Design discussions generally aren't, just more mugging over ideas and world and immersion while not showing anything related to actual gameplay.

Did not see this posted on Greedmonger, but apparently there's yet another "potential" investor mentioned in the rpgcodex thread. My guess is he is some form of African royalty that will help make the MMO as soon as James can wire him some monies to come stateside.

I know it's not going away... I don't want it to go away. I'm finishing the game one way or another... We start testing back up Feb. 1st and we will see from there. I have someone (won't mention who in public...) that I am talking with about funding the costs of the servers once that person has seen that I can pull it off and I'm making progress. Until then I'll just have the 10 or so of us in our Skype group testing things out.
    Last edited by NotADevAlt; 2016-01-25 at 05:49 PM.

I think he added an extra 0 in there.

And I suppose it's possible someone might, but I'm having a hard time believing anyone would put down a single cent without a guaranteed ROI or good prospect thereof. I find it more likely it's just lies to try and build hype, unless he's really just going to try and sell GM off and then poof with the money again once he gets frustrated/bored/distracted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "Doesn't your ass get jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?" it's all that pops in my mind.
    Cracks me up, lol.

Regarding ToA, more sections have been added on their roadmap:

http://www.trialsofascension.com/roadmap

It's still funny to me that the only progress they have made are a bunch of models. Nothing else has been done. No gameplay features at all. I am disappointed, I want a badass gathering video, something like chopping down trees!

It's exactly the same as with Greedmonger, there's only a vast, open and empty world, no gameplay. I can probably do something like that aswell, and I am such a computer noob I have difficulties turning my PC on

Quote Originally Posted by NotADevAlt View Post
    Did not see this posted on Greedmonger, but apparently there's yet another "potential" investor mentioned in the rpgcodex thread. My guess is he is some form of African royalty that will help make the MMO as soon as James can wire him some monies to come stateside.
    But he said he wasn't taking money and turning down all investors.

Might as well tell the ocean to stop being wet. Long as new development kits keep coming out, he'll keep stringing this along on the pretense of progress, riding his drama of being the lone visionary against a tide of haters and trolls telling him he's no good.

News flash: Not everyone gets to be Steve Jobs. Most of us will live mundane, temporary lives and vanish from the stage of history like so many unnamed extras. That said, there's no reason not to enjoy your life. Just don't expect it to mean anything to the world when it's over.

Yes, congratulations he installed Time of Day ( the weather and sky). Again, another screenshots that shows a pack from the asset store and some free icons from OpenGameArt. Oh, and one tree model, that he didn´t even spin so it looks like a different tree

Here are the icons
    http://opengameart.org/content/attack-icons-wesnoth

I told Dark Pengin and the lady from the Unity forums that Proctor has serious.. not playful... serious mental issues and that when they backed him up last summer it was going to make them look like idiots soon. Proctor is on this treadmill of friends, where he always finds someone new who ´supports me´.. meanwhile the friends from 6 months ago see just how much of an idiot he really is. He just churns through supporters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    New update about flowers:

http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...s#.VqUhQlLLrmE

Not much interesting to discuss about it though.

Ark has over 300 different species of plants, and multiple versions of each one. ToA has 3 bushes and 2 flowers ( one scaled down).
    Last edited by Azrile; 2016-01-27 at 05:57 AM.

Ark has over 300 different species of plants, and multiple versions of each one. ToA has 3 bushes and 2 flowers ( one scaled down).
    Ark really is showing to be impressive with the rate they are churning out new creatures items and plants. The biomes they added are also quite well done. The swamps look fantastic.

They have a bigger team proper budget and are actual developers but still its impressive. Toa and Proctor just seem to grab whats free and pretend to make it them selves.

I normally stay away from pre release stuff but Ark and mine craft were exceptions. Both I happily got my moneys worth. Mine crafts probably 100 days easily I would imagine ark is at 200 hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...morpg/comments

I am an American who doesn't take this kind of stuff from people and this is what happened from that.
    I messaged Jason Appleton on Facebook to get some answers.

(11/04/2015 1:31PM
    I need to know in your opinion did Mr. Proctor embezzle money from your project to build assets for his own personal use? I will make a complaint to the FTC. I just want to know if you think there was fowl play on the part of the lead programmer who seems to have way less knowledge and ability than he can prove to know over time. Contracts aside I want to get all the work either made public, so what is available now can maybe be worked on by an open community. A real open source game, maybe, or sue the gov. for Mr. Proctor's possible misuse of capital funds. Did he report the money he got from you to the government? If not that is social security fraud to top off the list of fuck ups on his behalf. I hope you can help me settle this feeling I do appreciate the energy you came with this idea. Too bad it is that someone decided their personal ideas were better and worth stealing for.)

All of what I said is based on the minor bits of info that I was able to scrounge for.

And this is Jason Appleton's response.

(11/08/2015 11:55AM
    I would suggest just leaving it alone. James mislead me quite a bit and lead me to believe he could get this game built using all of the technology available including Unity and I ended up sticking my neck out to the world on his claims. No, he didn't embezzle money but he directed me to waste a lot of it on licenses for things he could never get working, but he would tell me they just didn't do what we needed and suggest something else. At one point I had a full team of people, but James pushed them all away with his bad attitude and insults to those who didn't do things his way.

James didn't steal anything really. He was just very incompetent and had me really believing in him. I spent so much money on things and lost so much based on his claims and promises but because our funds were so limited, the more we spent, the less options I had to replace him with someone else and at a certain point, I had no choice but to not only keep pumping money into new engine licenses and other assets, but my own personal money as well.

Then after all of it, he ultimately told me to give him and his new business partner Joel everything or he would walk away and take his custom work with him. So I gave them everything but not before getting a contract signed stating the two of them would take over all responsibilities to the backers including all pledge rewards, which they both signed.

This whole Kickstarter game has been the worst decision I've ever made in my life. It stressed me out to the point of getting on blood pressure pills and other health issues and I'm honestly just over it.

Nobody stole money or embezzled or anything. It was just a very limited amount of money (most MMO's have 7 fgures) and my options were limited. James doesn't have anything to take. I had to send him money for oil every winter if that tells you anything. Everyone really just needs to move on and find something else to focus their energy on. It's been years now, I lost more than any backer for the game and while it sucks for everyone, it's just time to move on and leave it alone.
    I wish you well.)

I don't see how some one can lead you to waste money on things it shouldn't have been spent on. That sounds like you just wasted the money is all. So you wasted the money and no more project from Jason Appleton. I seek my claim of this incomplete project.

And so I messaged this to Jason Appleton today.

(5:11AM
    just letting you know that you can't give me that answer and expect me to just go away

In fact I gave you Christmas to think on it and your none change of heart suggests you may have complete knowledge of what I was suggesting and suggest i not care about the $300 of mine you ganked me for. Your not some shady snake oil salesman, you are a game company CEO that messed up and doesn't want to take legal course to ending the business and the accountability for the kickstarter. You can't just hand off responsibility at the last moment to someone who doesn't even have a legal business entity. Whether you like it or not I as an investor of the IP have been pricked and I will fight you down to the last penny.)

And he sent this message as a response.
    (4:54PM
    John, first of all, if you were an investor, as you put it, the company failed, it no longer exists and assets were legally transferred to another party, I.E James Proctor and Joel. I am no longer in the picture. If you were a donor, such is the term used for those who donated money through Kickstarter for the games development, the same still applies. James has been secretly working on the game this whole time and has a lot of cool things going on, but you'll have to talk to him. I've seen some of it, but Im done dealing with it all and James hasn't said anything openly until he has a beta version ready to launch. Hopefully, James ges the game finished and you all enjoy it, but I have nothing to do with it. Please direct all questions and concerns to him from now on. Thank you.)

And then he blocked me from further messaging him.
    So I guess maybe James is maybe still making the game, or Jason Appleton fancies himself as a mastermind criminal.

Jason Appleton´s first message to you seems about right and perfectly matches up with those skype message Proctor released. Appleton was a complete idiot for just handing out money hand over fist when he did not have the expertise to judge what Proctor was saying. And really, he is beyond an idiot.. who the hell would hire a person to be the lead developer of an MMORPG if that person had never been able to make a game before. Even if you are hiring an entry level person to join your team to make games, the first thing you do is having them send you a game they made.

But the things Appleton said are correct, and are things Proctor released himself. When Proctor first started working on the project he did not have a computer capable of running Unity well enough for testing. He also asked Appleton for money to pay for heating oil for his house.. and one of the people Proctor recommended that Appleton hire, later had to beg Appleton for money because his internet was about to be cut off. That employee got a nice upfront payment and then disappeared. Throughout the skype chat logs that Proctor released, he constantly begged Appleton to buy him licenses, and then after only a few days, said they did not work like he expected. I do not think he was purposefully trying to get freebie licenses as much as he was desperately trying to buy a ´make MMORPG´ button for Unity. As has been shown repeatedly, that is the entire limit of his programming skills, installing other people´s stuff and saying it was his own. Now he is mostly limited to free stuff he finds on the asset store, but back when he was with Greedmonger, he was almost weekly buying something big with Appleton´s money. He jumped from one system,. to another, then to Atavism, now to Landrush.. just hoping he can find one that makes a complete generic MMORPG for him.

Appleton is definitely to blame for being such an idiot to trust just random people on the internet and send them upfront money without verifying their credentials. And once he knew Proctor was incompetent, it was insane that he kept paying upfront payments to whatever friend Proctor said was needed, or buying any package that Proctor said was useful. But like I said. I think Appleton was a sincere moron, while Proctor is either a pathological liar or a scam artist.... probably both.

Yeah I had Jason buy some big licenses... Most of which we are still using... UniStorm just to name one... And Jason also bought a ton of assets. Seemed like every day he was coming in to our Skype discussion telling us to look at new stuff he had just bought. You guys make it sound like I was the one spending all the money. Simply not true. As for Jason sending me money for Oil... Yes 1 month I ran out of oil not even half way through the month. And Jason and I were talking and I was telling him I did't know what we were going to do because it was freezing cold. HE offered to give me some of the money HE had already promised early so we could get some oil to get us through the month. It was a 1 time thing and it was HIM who offered NOT me asking for it. As for using LandRush there is still a ton I am custom coding out side of what LandRush provides. but then again you guys are so blinded that you couldn't possibly believe I could actually code and I'm sure you guys will say that I downloaded it from the net or something. Give me a freaking break. You guys know nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and as for what you claim about my Space Invaders type game that it was also a asset pack or tutorial... you guys are full of it. that was ALL custom coded by me. Not a single line of code came from a tutorial or asset pack so please just knock it off if you don't know what your talking about. Oh and I did have it more advanced then the last released version... I'll have to see if it's still on my old computer and get it updated to Unity 5.

And here will come the 'I can't find it but it was so totally custom-coded and doesn't look exactly like an unfinished version of this tutorial we already linked video to before' rant, along with more about how we're blind and know nothing and how awesome his custom coding is.

Well? We're still waiting. Show us something that's not you futzing around in an empty world, more than what anyone spending five minutes playing with an asset pack could do. Maybe we'll think you're more than what you've shown yourself to be.

Cos you realize, every time you respond to us? You're basically admitting there's truth, damaging truth, to what we're saying and you're flailing around in a vain attempt to do damage control.

At this point ToA's more legit than you, they've actually managed to produce some basic models of things. That ARE custom-coded.