Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    No mention of penis pills in that career hopping resume, shame. I couldn't trust someone who couldn't keep a job. And somehow, James looked even worse when he listed the offences and incompetence.
    I forget because he started, gave up and started again so many times (or started new projects) but wasn't he working on GreedMonger again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I forget because he started, gave up and started again so many times (or started new projects) but wasn't he working on GreedMonger again?
    Dunno, they're all full of fluff anyway so who cares? It's not my money lost. Every one of those snowflakes cease to exist when I shut off my computer.

There's no recovery after what they've done.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-12-12 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Dunno, they're all full of fluff anyway so who cares? It's not my money lost. Every one of those snowflakes cease to exist when I shut off my computer.

There's no recovery after what they've done.
    Oh no doubt I agree with you there, I just loved reading about the comedy of errors when it came to the dinks behind Greed Monger and all the lies/incompetence that followed.

He swore up and down he was gonna complete it, because 'people wouldn't let him alone about it', then last I heard finally gave up completely, committed Internet seppuku to get the stink of his bungling off him and AFAIK hasn't done anything since.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    He swore up and down he was gonna complete it, because 'people wouldn't let him alone about it', then last I heard finally gave up completely, committed Internet seppuku to get the stink of his bungling off him and AFAIK hasn't done anything since.
    Ah so he probably changed his internet names on message boards around and is trying to start over I'd bet. I'm sure he'll bumble it and get found out again soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    He gives up on gm as often as he bows out of forum discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah so he probably changed his internet names on message boards around and is trying to start over I'd bet. I'm sure he'll bumble it and get found out again soon enough.
    People won't forget what he looks like though.

cant post links but go to riseofheroesmmo dot com to see proctors newest game hes going to abandon next week

this guy is now trolling backers imho- thats what it feels like. Rubbing it in our faces and continuing to play games.

seriously wish there was a way to sue not that the money is the issue at this point its the lies, continuous lies,pattern of deceit- did I mention the lies? and millions of broken promises and now he comes along bringing it all up again and making more promises. he wants to play pretend game dev and cannot even make a space invader game and he took responsibility with our money when he took over gm knowing he couldnt code his way out of a paper bag and now he wants to play pretend game dev again and act like the backers should be grateful.

tired of it. im not sure what i can do at this point but its the principal of this thing. he keeps doing this and keeps playing games and we all know hell be working on a new project next week. problem is i still havnt gotten my shirt which was another broken promise, or gm which was another broken promise, or this game which i think he also promised last year before he went to gm and made more promises. i may be seeking legal advice. i know i wont get much and this may end up costing me far more than i am owed but like i said its principal at this point. he wants to play games and pretend game dev when he owes a ton of people and pretend that everythings okay and keep doing this?

im really mad. not sure my next move but if any backers are looking to see about getting together and seeing what we can do - he has a check every month and ill gladly take $5 month until my money has been returned when the original ks pledge has not been fulfilled and no t-shirts delivered even though him and lumpy mcgee have the tshirts and showed them on video.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.riseofheroesmmo.com/ is the link for those that are curious.

http://www.riseofheroesmmo.com/about/

So outside of this site largely being empty, this is a thing.

We were lied to. We were told they had our best interest at heart. That science was good and the break throughs made would lead to a better life. Some of us however saw right through their lies. We questioned what went on behind closed doors and we gathered together a force to stand against them. If only we had made our stand sooner. Cloning, The God Particle, Genetic Modifications, it was all a lie to hide their true intentions. Their true motives. Behind closed doors they were researching things that would lead to our ultimate demise.

It’s now been 10 years since that fateful day. The United States has falling. The World Governments are toppled. Chaos looms all around us. For us Survivors this is our new life. We band together in clains with weapons at our side fearing the return of the beasts that have besieged our home. Bandits run wild raping, murdering and piliging our lands. Blood runs thick on our streets. In this time of Desperation we need heroes to rise from the ashes more then ever.
    I have no clue what I just read.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I have no clue what I just read.
    I'm not sure I ever want to figure out what it is we just read. Kill it with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    His completely delusional, he doesn’t realize that at this point he is just rubbing salt on everyone who was scammed with Greed Monger…
    No shit, I feel sorry for those poor bastards that got scammed only for that guy to come back again to rub their noses in it and totally shit the bed with another failed attempt at a game.

And the cycle begins again. Launch a 'new' game to get that little trickle of attention and validation for his dream of being a game dev, mostly get flamed for all his past failures, fight with everyone who points out the faults(the phrase 'custom code' will pop up frequently), eventually give up cos he can't cobble it together with default assets and tools(while claiming it's cos people just harass him about how he's a failure and so on), go quiet for a few months, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by newbism View Post
    cant post links but go to riseofheroesmmo dot com to see proctors newest game hes going to abandon next week

this guy is now trolling backers imho- thats what it feels like. Rubbing it in our faces and continuing to play games.

seriously wish there was a way to sue not that the money is the issue at this point its the lies, continuous lies,pattern of deceit- did I mention the lies? and millions of broken promises and now he comes along bringing it all up again and making more promises. he wants to play pretend game dev and cannot even make a space invader game and he took responsibility with our money when he took over gm knowing he couldnt code his way out of a paper bag and now he wants to play pretend game dev again and act like the backers should be grateful.

tired of it. im not sure what i can do at this point but its the principal of this thing. he keeps doing this and keeps playing games and we all know hell be working on a new project next week. problem is i still havnt gotten my shirt which was another broken promise, or gm which was another broken promise, or this game which i think he also promised last year before he went to gm and made more promises. i may be seeking legal advice. i know i wont get much and this may end up costing me far more than i am owed but like i said its principal at this point. he wants to play games and pretend game dev when he owes a ton of people and pretend that everythings okay and keep doing this?

im really mad. not sure my next move but if any backers are looking to see about getting together and seeing what we can do - he has a check every month and ill gladly take $5 month until my money has been returned when the original ks pledge has not been fulfilled and no t-shirts delivered even though him and lumpy mcgee have the tshirts and showed them on video.

At what point do repeated unfulfilled promises become fraud?

Are you sure you still want those t-shirts? They could be soiled and gross by now.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.riseofheroesmmo.com/greed-monger-backers/

I won’t go away though.
    Sounds like something an STD would say and it's sick to hear. Wasn't he going to rectify things by completing gm instead?

I believe the amount of unfulfilled promises have crossed the fraud threshold a very long time ago. At this point i'm fairly certain that anything proctor says is a blatant lie.

On his new games website he says the test servers will be live Friday and up 24/7 and I havnt even looked yet but I would bet real money that no server is up and no server will be up today because thats how proctor operates. he lies about everything and then he will just act like he never said anything or made any promise or commitment and then he will go silent and after a period of time come back spewing new bullshit and repeating the same bullshit - "just give me a chance" - "ill prove you wrong"- "I'm NOT going to fail" etc... hes going to go silent about this game and be announcing a new one next month and probably talking more smack about 'making it up to the backers'

He thinks he should have a clean slate and a chance after he does and keeps doing the same thing again and again and again.

No. I dont want the t-shirt now. that ship has sailed- I didn't even want anything except for this nightmare to go away but proctor wont let it die and lives in denial and fantasyland repeating the same bullshit every month and thinks for some insane reason things will be different "this time"- things will always be different "this time"and then he puts his tail between his legs, quits and comes back again with the exact same song and dance- then plays the victim card.

this dude owes me money at this point. he has money for websites and unity assets and he has the nerve to keep showing his face after breaking all the promises he made. I want my money now. I want him to actually have some consequence for his actions. I had written this all off as a loss and moved on until i got that notification for greed monger backers to 'come talk and work something out with him'and now im pissed and this isnt going away. he owes me and others. he will make good on his promises now one way or another and hopefully learns to quit talking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Meaning that by taking over Greed Monger (if he actually went through it properly), this responsibility might fall upon him now.
    Wasn't that added to Kickstarter well after GM was funded? I think that was the case anyways.

Oh, geez, is it about that time for Yet Another Proctor Project?

Hey look! he couldn't get the servers up in time, just as he "promised"

I have been busy all week attempting to get everything installed on the server and get it online. We are having some issues getting a reliable connection to the server and so we have been set back. I take full responsibility for this set back. I should have waited until we were completely online and ready to go before making any announcements.

I am in the process of putting together a post which will detail my plans and goals going forward and lay out a solid road map over the course of the next couple years to get us from where we are today to where I would like to be in a few years time which is with a released game.

In the future I will refrain from making rash announcements until I know we are ready and there is nothing that could possibly set us back. I really am looking forward to working with you guys to make this as great of a game as we possibly can!
    How people keep falling for such a scam..

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Hey look! he couldn't get the servers up in time, just as he "promised"
    How people keep falling for such a scam..
    To be honest I'm not sure anyone really falls for his scam. That website where he is hosting that 'game' has like no traffic and no one really posting. Of course he couldn't deliver something simple like getting the servers online but don't worry he has a multi-year roadmap coming up where he will make even more grand statements about what his 'game' will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it strange he didnt just rename himself.
    Don't sweat the details!!!