Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    Oh look, they're a few years late to the hosted survival sandbox game train. Who'd have thought somebody could make ToA look good by comparison?

I can see it now.

"I have a Discord!"

"I'm shutting the Discord down because haters and trolls are stalking me, they have no life and obsess over me!"

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Decided to look at ToA's stats on Steam. Had a good laugh.
    Haha Jesus, that is so awful I don't even think the 'devs' are playing their game.

So I'm surprised no one's brought this up yet. But Forged Chaos is looking to expand their team!

http://trialsofascension.com/hiring

They need a C#/Unity Programmer and a Game Designer. Not only that but the starting pay is.... a... percentage... of the revenue... from the game.
    Where have we heard that before? Oh right, that's what the other 'devs' were being offered to do this in their spare time. So yeah, I think some of the people working on the game jumped ship so they need replacements.

OH RIGHT! I forgot, the reason they aren't paying you is because this is an "opportunity to expand your portfolio." Right, right. Does anyone else think this sounds like someone from facebook who's trying to get a photographer to work for them for free or something of that nature? I mean, I don't have any money but think of the EXPOSURE you'll get! All... what was our peak numbers? 6. All 6 people will see it!

Aren't they supposed to be designers. Why they need a game designer? Like if their skills are supposed to be designer, and fail for it, what else left? They probably just keep most of the money and give dust to their artists. So basically they are just idea guys.
    Last edited by Bigfart; 2018-11-26 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It might be just another Unity survival game, but at least it ain't yet another WoW clone!

Jesus christ that looks like a pre-alpha of a bad game
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Well a ceo of a business have money to pay the guy that use a wrench. Their point is not valid, because they pay their staffs with exposures to a game that got 1,7 people who play it in average. This is clearly a scam.

I feel sorry for anyone pays £20 to play this piece of shit.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...cension_Exile/

I don't know if they are losing people in their team, but looking their discord there is like 7 people that are still in their team. Some older members that helped are not listed as team members. I don't know if they just suddenly opened their eyes and quit this fail game project. But anyway it won't last for long because it seems to have alot of server problems.

Well it finally happened. If you check their website, they are putting an end to it.

The evil is vanquished.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I wonder how all 2 people who valiantly defended the "game" and stuck with them for like 12 years feel right now. To know that you were wrong and the haters were right after dedicating so much of your life to this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I mean I am surprised they got ANY sort of game out but to just close their website/forums like that is pretty typical of how they've operated over the years.

They probably will come back with the same turd in few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfart View Post
    They probably will come back with the same turd in few years.
    Nah I think they finally ran off like cowards and refused to face the music that they were a bunch of talentless hacks that screwed people out of money on a pipe dream they were ill equipped to deliver. The 'big three' behind the project had no skill in making a video game of any kind let alone a MMO. We saw the debacle of the crowdfunded (via donations on their 'cash shop') little demo for use in the 2nd kickstarter and then after that failed they grabbed anyone that was willing to work for nothing to make a game.

No one is surprised the game failed on Steam, no one is surprised they closed up shop. Those people deserve all the hate they got and then some. I am just disappointed they couldn't FINALLY face the music about this whole shit show instead running off in the night like cowardly thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The 'big three' behind the project had no skill in making a video game of any kind let alone a MMO.
    Ironically I am sure in the time this saga has drawn itself out if they had focused they could have learnt everything they needed and actually delivered something. It is what? 15 years?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Tbh the people who got screwed deserved it, regardless how assholish that may sound.

If making video games the way they wanted was possible, everyone would do it.

Even if you were devoid of common sense, it wasn’t for the lack of warning…

The community rather just call anyone who brought these issues up a bunch of “trolls”, “naysayers” and “haters” while watching the “developers” censoring as much as they could.
    Oh no question the suckers that got conned deserve it and the ones that blindly tried to support that shit show deserve it even more.

And let's be real, you, I and many others found the flaws in their 'community' with how many fake accounts they used to try and con more people. It is kind of funny though, if this thread never happened I doubt they'd have even getting to the point of getting something on Steam. In some weird twist of fate they got made fun of so much they tried to cobble SOMETHING together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Ironically I am sure in the time this saga has drawn itself out if they had focused they could have learnt everything they needed and actually delivered something. It is what? 15 years?
    Yup, I bet the only 'coding' the 'three masterminds' did was in one of the Kickstarter videos where they typed a single line of code. That was all they bothered to try and learn. Everything else was a paid worker or suckers they recruited to work for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Jesus Christ that's a lot of time devoted to a scam. How much money did they even make?

This game is a solid 2nd place behind E.T. as worst game ever
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©