Roflmao, dragons <3

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Roflmao, dragons <3
    Man, a project that was likely never going to get funded gets magical help and now I imagine the "devs" of this game are laughing all the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Man, a project that was likely never going to get funded gets magical help and now I imagine the "devs" of this game are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Meanwhile in ToA steam forum:

MinedConch7143 has Trials of Ascension: Exile 2 Oct @ 8:23pm

On the bright side tho, theres a better looking game Day of Dragons coming out
    ...oh, my sweet summer child.

There's so much wrong with it. Reminded me of this thread.

Man these asset flip Ks attempts are far more advanced than ToA was in its early days. And yet it is still just a total ripoff trying to scam people out of money.

One person who supported ToA to the bitter end in a Discord I'm in is also viciously supporting Day of Dragons to the bitter end and fighting the healthy skepticism people are bringing up. People really don't learn...

Anyway, back to ToA, the devs have a new blog post out if you're interested in that. The new team is calling themselves Dragonfire Entertainment.
    trialsofascension.com/news/article/hello-toa-fans
    Looking over some Discord screenshots, it sounds like they're looking to go full MMO instead of survival game, back to the roots, but it's really really vague.
    i.imgur.com/YhBPKjm.png

It's not like they need the IP to make a game with playable dragons... my guess is that they just give the thing away to one of their backers, who is now "reviving" it
    Parthuin, one of our very own community members, acquired the rights to the Trials of Ascension IP near the end of July 2019 and has created Dragonfire Entertainment to keep ToA alive and going.
    Surprise, surprise.

Also, they still don't seem to understand what "MMO" actually stands for...

Surprise, surprise.

Also, they still don't seem to understand what "MMO" actually stands for...
    I'm also curious if any of the original trio of idiots at Forged Chaos have anything to do with this new version, like did they change their names or some shit again?

I'm also curious if any of the original trio of idiots at Forged Chaos have anything to do with this new version, like did they change their names or some shit again?
    If they think they can still wring some money out of gullible idiots then yes, that's exactly what they're doing.

"No, it's totally not us: we sold the rights, honestly. But still, you guys totally need to keep donating money to this project and us--I mean, the new developers."

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    If they think they can still wring some money out of gullible idiots then yes, that's exactly what they're doing.

"No, it's totally not us: we sold the rights, honestly. But still, you guys totally need to keep donating money to this project and us--I mean, the new developers."
    Nothing shocks me with those bastards. I mean they were around for how long trying to scam money, came back many years later as Forged Chaos, lied to people to get more money to make a demo and so on.

I actually am looking forward to that awful dragon game. Looks perfect for my 5 yr old. He loves any game that lets him run around and explore. He loved ark in god mode.

1 of them completely bailed out of the project before it was released on Steam I believe, the other 2 from the sound of it, are still providing feedback and whatnot to this version, but that’s how far it goes, I think.

1 of them completely bailed out of the project before it was released on Steam I believe, the other 2 from the sound of it, are still providing feedback and whatnot to this version, but that’s how far it goes, I think.
    I guess they other two are there to provide tons and tons of 'lore'.

I guess they other two are there to provide tons and tons of 'lore'.
    Ya know the poor guys are "designers at heart", certainly their insight on its just priceless.

Also, what the fucking hell, some dude just ripped off my forum post into an article:

https://mmofallout.com/everybody-mis...ly-dead-again/

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...n#post34955453

"Trials of Ascension goes all the way back to 2001 when founder Don Danielson registered the domain name of what would be the greatest MMORPG of all time."

"“Brax” and his team “Shadow Pool”, registered the domain: trialsofascension.com, in order to start developing what they believed it would be one of the most innovating MMORPGs ever"

"And then in 2012, Trials of Ascension was REBORN! Don Danielson was back at the helm and ready to drive this puppy straight to nowhere."

"Later, in 2012, Trials of Ascension was reborn! They had a new team name, “Forged Chaos”, again lead by Brax"

"people could donate and receive exclusive digital goods as rewards, digital goods for a game that didn’t exist"

"a “donation” and that the product you were purchasing was “selected reward”, for a game that didn’t had a single line of code yet written. They included things like dance animations and eye patches for a character that did not even exist."

"they hired Teddy, who wrote the first line of code on February 26, 2014."

"hire “Teddy”, the one and only Forged Chaos programmer at the time! Who wrote his first line of code for Trials of Ascension in Feb. 26th 2014"

Shit, mofo didn't even bother changing the name of the screen shot... hey Connor (@mmofallout) if ya going to copy my homework , at least throw me a thanks, will ya.

Last edited by Myobi; 2019-10-21 at 03:08 AM.

Shit, mofo didn't even bother changing the name of the screen shot... hey Connor (@mmofallout) if ya going to copy my homework , at least throw me a thanks, will ya.
    How fucked up is that? I've never heard of the website but you could likely report the douche to the site admins maybe?

How fucked up is that? I've never heard of the website but you could likely report the douche to the site admins maybe?
    It's just really weird, honestly wouldn’t really mind it if they at least sourced the shit.

Either way, I poked them a bit on twitter about it, to see what comes out of it:

https://twitter.com/mmofallout/statu...05392557936640

It's just really weird, honestly wouldn’t really mind it if they at least sourced the shit.

Either way, I poked them a bit on twitter about it, to see what comes out of it:

https://twitter.com/mmofallout/statu...05392557936640
    Fuck that, you did the work you should get the credit if someone is going to just steal your work and put it out there as work they did they don't deserve to be getting their 'work' put on websites and linked places.

Fuck that, you did the work you should get the credit if someone is going to just steal your work and put it out there as work they did they don't deserve to be getting their 'work' put on websites and linked places.
    Should just tell their "PR Firm" to bloody hire me at this point.

Should just tell their "PR Firm" to bloody hire me at this point.
    Like someone that small time has a PR firm. Just like in the early days of this thread with Forged Chaos having multiple members in a social media 'team'.

Like someone that small time has a PR firm. Just like in the early days of this thread with Forged Chaos having multiple members in a social media 'team'.
    Well, to be fair! Their "social media team" were the pretty much the only team in the project doing it's job!